Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A career with no people contact & no stress

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have discovered that I can't deal with people nor can I function under stress,

so if anyone has a link or a job idea please post.

Posted · Report post

Funny- my mom is unipolar MANIC (will post a pic of the totem pole she made at a later date) and SSA told her that she just needed a job with no people contact and no stress! What an illusive animal that is!

If you can find a niche, you could look into DOUA (Disabled Online Users Association). They do stuff at online auctions. You can shop garage sales, fix up stuff and resell it on auction, or shop sales and sell the stuff higher, or whatever. It would be your business and you could set your hours. People can and do make a living doing this. My mom did it for awhile selling carousel horses she restores (she should add totem poles) and made a few hundred a week. I'm also a DOUA member and I've sold stuff I've made. I make art jewelry. It is a matter of finding a niche. The niche doesn't have to involve carving totem poles, restoring century horses, or beading on line so small most people can't see it, let alone make jewelry with it. It can be YOU. YOUR business. yoU decide when to work and when to not work. you decide when to make stuff or shop for stuff and when to not do it. If you have discipline to treat it like a regular job, you should go for it!

----------loon-------------

www.doua.org

Posted · Report post

Funny- my mom is unipolar MANIC (will post a pic of the totem pole she made at a later date) and SSA told her that she just needed a job with no people contact and no stress! What an illusive animal that is!

If you can find a niche, you could look into DOUA (Disabled Online Users Association). They do stuff at online auctions. You can shop garage sales, fix up stuff and resell it on auction, or shop sales and sell the stuff higher, or whatever. It would be your business and you could set your hours. People can and do make a living doing this. My mom did it for awhile selling carousel horses she restores (she should add totem poles) and made a few hundred a week. I'm also a DOUA member and I've sold stuff I've made. I make art jewelry. It is a matter of finding a niche. The niche doesn't have to involve carving totem poles, restoring century horses, or beading on line so small most people can't see it, let alone make jewelry with it. It can be YOU. YOUR business. yoU decide when to work and when to not work. you decide when to make stuff or shop for stuff and when to not do it. If you have discipline to treat it like a regular job, you should go for it!

----------loon-------------

www.doua.org

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does she use for insurance?  :embarassed: I dont know what I could make....

Posted · Report post

She uses the free mental health clinic up the street from her house. Not all people are lucky enough to have this service. It is because she runs a small business and can take deductions that lower her earnings enough to allow for some social benefits. She is also crazy enough that they'd like to use her for scientific purposes hahahah

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking of a morgue job at night might be good.. No one to talk back, or say mean things and no "customers" to give you trouble.

Posted · Report post

What city do you live in?  I know of one. pm me.

Lilie

Posted · Report post

If it's that bad you should be able to get SSDI.  You need to have given meds and therapy a good try first though.

Posted · Report post

How about stockroom work? You know, inventory, logging, etc. I've done that before at a few retail stores when I couldn't handle being around people.

Croix

Posted · Report post

How about data entry? i've know people who went into this for the same reasons. pretty much just you and your computer.

Posted · Report post

Muskrat trapper.

You can do it in almost every area of the country. Outside walking twice a day down by the river or creek, set your own schedule. No messy bait to fool with, critters are already dead in the traps when you pick them up. All you have to do is skin 'em, put 'em on stretchers to dry and take them to the buyer every week or so.

You also have the satisfaction of helping protect towns by preventing the muskrats from weakening levess by burrowing.

A.M.

Posted (edited) · Report post

would u really like to take the life a poor muskrat? just to make a living? It could be a severly depressed muskrat dad just trying to find food for his young. animals suffer mental health issues too! Try offering him some of your zanax Perhaps next time u see a muskrat, u could ask him for his feelings and post them on crayboards, if he's feling suicidal u could help him out and then off him! Think of the old song "Muskrat Love" please

P.S. How much do u get for each critter?

Edited by reco49

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well lets see the State of Pennsylvania publishes a report on fur harvest and trapper jobs.

Edited by AirMarshall