Butterflykisses

Favorite perfumes

13 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am a lover of perfumes and am looking for a new one. I like clean, fresh scents as well as floral scents.

I am not talking about Bath and Body Works body splashes ( I already own too many of those) but fine fragrance perfumes...

Thank you!

So I picked up a roller ball perfume in Dolce & Gabbana "light blue"

IT SMELLS AMAZING

1 person likes this

I don't use perfumes, but my daughter likes "viva la juicy", I have to admit, it smells nice.

I collect, write about, and study perfumes. I could go to town on this for hours. Are there any perfumes you've particularly liked in the past?

5 hours ago, Rabbit37 said:

I don't use perfumes, but my daughter likes "viva la juicy", I have to admit, it smells nice.

That's a good one, except it doesn't smell good on me, lol

3 hours ago, Gearhead said:

I collect, write about, and study perfumes. I could go to town on this for hours. Are there any perfumes you've particularly liked in the past?

Awesome!! I liked DKNY Delicious (in a green apple shaped bottle), Versache, Paris Hilton, Nikki Minaj manajesty, I also like C.E. Bigelow Almond Musk, White Diamonds, and Princess by Vera I think...

The more feminine the better...

Great thread!  I am super into perfume even though my sense of smell isn't the most sensitive out there.  I am not surprised that you like D&G Light Blue given your description of what kind of perfume you like...it's a classic!

If you are really into citrus, Dior Escale a Portofino is a good one.  It might be a Nordstrom exclusive IIRC; but a full bottle is like $80, which for perfume really isn't that terrible, considering how expensive they sometimes are.

I would suggest searching for perfumes you like on Fragrantica.com; along the left hand side of the screen there is a "People who like this also like this..." which can give you some ideas on what to try next.

Happy sniffing! :)

Fragrantica is a good idea.

I'm a little at a loss because I loathe Light Blue, but it's a citrus scent, which puts it in the same school of thought as Hermes Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Cologne by Thierry Mugler (I'd call it unisex), Cristalle by Chanel...yeah, go check out the Hermes and the Chanel, and tell me what you think. If you have Sephora nearby they should stock both. Any department store will have the Chanel.

If you can find it (do you live near a Nordstrom?) check out Jo Malone's Lime Basil and Mandarin. Oh, and just in case, give Guerlain's Mitsouko a sniff. It's green and peachy. Let me know what you think.

Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris :)

Perfume is like kryptonite to me. I'm super sensitive to smells. It can make my eyes water and put a chemical taste in my mouth and leave me with a migraine. I'm jealous of people who can enjoy the scent of perfume!

6 minutes ago, aura said:

Perfume is like kryptonite to me. I'm super sensitive to smells. It can make my eyes water and put a chemical taste in my mouth and leave me with a migraine. I'm jealous of people who can enjoy the scent of perfume!

omg! I know what you mean about the migraines.. I have to put mine on verrrry lightly.. Men tend to over due with theirs. my eyes go crossed.

Someday I will find the creator of Axe body spray, and I will gas him to death. I will seal him in an elevator and pump his own product in at him until he dies.

It's funny...I love perfume, and write critically about it, but the wrong perfume in the wrong concentration makes me ill. I had to give up on perfumes altogether for years because of some weird sinus burnout-migraine extravaganza. 

I love colognes, warm & spicy. I got samples of Spice Bomb, Gucci's Guilty, Mont Blonc Legend, and some weird rhubarb one. I go to Sephora to get my samples. I also have bottles of Pony 3 (Ralph) and Noir that are my favorites. Who says girls can't wear cologne!!

I wear all sorts of men's scents, my favorite being Chanel's Pour Monsieur. A classic cologne formulation smells good on practically everyone, assuming you remember to use it in moderation. Lilac Vegetal, which is a drugstore scent by Pinaud-Clubman, is terrific, and so cheap.