Remnants

CATT

12 posts in this topic

Australians are probably like 'say no more' and anyone else are like 'What?'

I'm being referred to the crisis assessment and treatment team. AKA people that driving around judging people and making people feel more like killing themselves during crisis.

My psych referred me. I spoke to psych triage.. the phone version, tonight. CATT will call tomorrow.
I told her 'I have a diagnosis of BPD on file. They're just going to judge me and treat me like crap, invalidate me.'
She's like 'You have a diagnosed mental health condition, you're not worth any less that anyone else. A lot has changed since your last contact with us, we've had a lot of education on the needs of people like you and that was {insert different area here} we're {insert current area here}.'
I said 'fine, whatever'.

So, I need to try to keep them away from my home. My mum is here and I can't have her know whats going on. It just complicated everything.

I'm pissy with my psych for referring me, I'm pissy with me for telling her anything and for struggling so much and I'm pissy with them for just not doing it anything like they've done so many times in the past. 

The lady that I spoke to was very two faced. She acted all sweet so maybe I'd tell her whatever, but you could also tell she was hiding a grumpy, evil side they all have.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll need to complain some more before this is all over. So I'll do so here.

If they are anything like the acute care team here, I don't blame you, but at the same time they barely ever do anything so its easy to get rid of them- they do it themselves. Only problem is they are the entry for all the other services, so hardly anyone gets in. 

Anything you need in particular? 

1 person likes this

Yeah, that's pretty much it. 

Nope, for them to leave me alone? Haha.

That being said its probably not wise to ignore your psych's intentions, it just never fails to be mind boggling how little they know about crisis services. Surely there is an alternative route to manage. I don't want to service bash so maybe next appointment figure out an actual safety plan if that was the intent?

Yeah, I feel like most psychs have a very idealistic view of these services. Maybe they have to because there isn't anything else. 

Idealistic is one thing, I would use another word for it honestly, and I won't say it. Well they will no doubt contact your psych anyways, so yep. 

Do you know how long they will take to respond to the referral? That way you can at least semi-prepare for their arrival if they do come.

They're suppose to call tomorrow. I'm going try to either see them somewhere else or not see them at all. 

Update: 

I got a phone call on the way to see my psych, she was okay. She actually listened to me say that i didn't want them coming to my home and that I had had bad experiences with them. Agreed I didn't have to see them today.
Follow up late this arvo, same lady, still nice. She agreed that I didn't have to go in to see them because of uni. She said she has a background in what I'm studying so brownie points to her. I hope that I see her, not someone else (but at the same time, everyone in my profession knows each other & wanting to work in this area mean keeping a good reputation. I need to not be seen as a suicidal, incompetent, BPD person).
ANOTHER call at like 5:30 this arvo from some other person to find a time for me to go to the adult mental health clinic (scary!). Like get your shit together. I'm busy. I don't want to spend the like hour I have before uni meeting with you when I could be having a yummy lunch at the shopping centre. But whatever, I'll play your game. I'll meet you, tell you I'm fine & go to uni. {Rant ahead} She fucking wanted me to cancel my volunteer commitments for her. Like fuck off. Isn't it important that I keep up appearances & do my normal shit. Like volunteering is the only thing in addition to uni I have going for me. I volunteer in a service I'd like to one day work for. I'm not going to take another day off just because you want me to. If you would meet me at a park I could make more time but no, you want me to go to this clinic.

I'm hurt that my psych didn't call this arvo like she had said she would. I know that this whole catt business probably cancelled that out but I would have liked to know.

One thing that I did manage with CATT which could be your saving grace: get them to refer you to a student psychiatrist if you can't afford to see your current one on an ongoing long term basis. I saw a student for a year - it didn't really help me, but it might help you, and that gets everyone off your back. I don't know where you are in australia, but mine was at royal melbourne, which is a student teaching hospital - at least for psych services.
CATT in general - I simply found that if there's any way to avoid, do so.

Okay, thanks. Good to know.

yup, definitely not being so honest with this psych again.

So one out of the two people I met with were nicer. I was actually in astonishment leaving. Like I had fallen into an alternative dimension.

But that was short lived. They were suppose to call this morning to check on me which didn't happen. I got some grumpy person call this arvo telling me that I didn't want any contact with them. Well, yes. When you've treated me like shit in the past of course I don't. They keep asking me what I want. I guess it's this new mental health act the grumpy one aluded to the other day. But I literally have no idea. I don't want anything. Nothing helps. I can't ask for what I want. I feel awful. Last night & today have been so bad. I would have actually been honest if it was the nicer lady from the other day had followed through. So much for my optimism. I just want them gone again.