CrazyBoards.org

Blahblah

Overcoming Inertia/lack of pleasure without stimulants?

16 hours ago, Iceberg said:

My doc says he thinks stims can be a last resort adjunct to an antidepressant (probably excluding Wellbutrin and maybe the MAOIS 

Maoi's and amphetamine....I have saved that for the last ditch effort prior to ECT.

• Like 1

amphetamine is a stimulant, though - which the title says isn't an acceptable option.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:02 PM, WinterRosie said:

amphetamine is a stimulant, though - which the title says isn't an acceptable option.

Maybe I should've clarified my question: how do you best overcome the inertia - with either stimulants or other techniques? It's a catch-22 in that I don't want to be on stimulants, yet I feel like it's my only great option because many of the other things people mention here I'm already doing & they aren't really helping. I guess stimulants are probably a better resort compared to say, ECT (not to say that ect doesn't work for ppl)...

Nothing rewards me. I continue to force healthy habits and I exhaust myself...I am far from thriving as I should. It's near impossible to continue forcing when you don't begin to feel better.

Do many of you here beat yourself up when you fail to do these coping "distractions"? Sometimes (like today) I just give into the inertia and for a second it feels good to avoid doing anything, yet on the other hand, it makes me feel worse as the day goes on, the ruminations start up. If i give into inertia, i look at the day and haven't accomplished anything and it sucks big time.

Edited by Blahblah

I would get up to 300 450 on the wellbutrin first and give that a little time. that looks like a pretty activating combo to add a stim, and that can cause irritability and other nasty stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

I would get up to 300 450 on the wellbutrin first and give that a little time. that looks like a pretty activating combo to add a stim, and that can cause irritability and other nasty stuff

Thanks Iceberg. How long does it usually take for Wellbutrin to "kick-in?" when I tried it several years ago, it really didn't have a noticeable effect. But now I am on 2 other meds, so maybe that will make a difference?

I've heard people here say that it works within a week or so. Will I notice anything at 150mg? I will go up to 300mg in 2 weeks (split morning/afternoon). I'm on the IR version (immediate release I believe) which is what my pdoc rx's.

Edited by Blahblah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By inconsequinntial
      I started Abilify 2mg on Monday to try as an adjunct treatment to Wellbutrin XL 450mg. Since Monday night, I have had a headache that has not stopped, although it seems to be at it's worst maybe 6-10 hours after I've taken my meds. 
      It only occurred to me today that my headache might be a side effect of Abilify and I wanted to hear if anyone had similar experiences or not, and if you did if it cleared up or not

Edit to add: I've also been experiencing intense nausea, with fits of gagging and retching and I did throw up a little on Tuesday night, and a complete lack of appetite as well the last few days.
    • By Katherine6363
      Hey y’all thanks in advance for the help. So i have bpd and for a strange reason i am absolutely obsessed with getting hurt so i have to go to the hospital. I don’t understand it maybe one of you guys do?
    • By Blahblah
      I'm putting much effort these days in being social and meeting new people. I enthusiastically invite the acquaintances I know from class to go to events or activities . These people act really excited in person, and then when it comes to actually going/motivating, they always flake! They always have excuses like "I'm feeling a bit sickish" or "let me check my schedule" (like they are looking for something better) then they never get back to me, or often, they don't even reply to my initial messages about the event/meetup times, etc. and say "So sorry, I totally forgot"
      I've signed up for meetup groups online. These are big meetup groups (of like thousands) and only 2-3 people register for most events, and then it is cancelled due to not enough attendees...WTF? Why even join the group if you don't attend any events?
      Is it just me, my age group (30-45), typical city living, or are people just horribly flakey/unthoughtful/too busy all the time now? How do you make quality connections? I want to give up. My efforts are completely futile. Humans only seem to care about themselves.
    • By Blahblah
      Researching TCA's because it may be something I will bring up to pdoc. I have only tried 1 (Nortryptaline).
      Does anyone know how to choose a TCA by the "binding profiles?" Like for example if someone wants something less sedating with little potential for weight gain,  which TCA would be better?

• By Idekanymore
      I need help.im 15 and my birthday is in January.I have a medical Condition that effects my skin and it just cleared up and is getting so much better so I decided to go to a party with my aunt, my 3 cousins and Mum. My mum leaves early so I stay with my aunt and cousin. I had a great time it was my first party in like 2 years I felt like a normal teenager again. So that night everything was fine until the next morning. I decided that maybe I should stay there for one more night because we were still having fun and chilling but my mum didn’t like that. My mum is on medication for her emotions , you can never tell what she is going to do her emotions can switch in a second. Okay back to the story. So I try some of my cousins cream for my face because I don’t have mine and my mum said she wouldn’t bring it to me. My face went all red but I knew how to handle it but we still phoned my mum to ask her to bring up my cream that is medicated. So she brought it up to my aunts and just started shouting at me and wouldn’t stop going on and on at me. I almost felt like crying. As she was about to leave I told her I would phone her later but she told me not to bother and walked out.So when she went home my family was shocked at how angry she was. I let my frustrations out to my family and told them things about my Mum. (Just to let you know I am very depressed and go to a therapist but my Mum doesn’t like me to talk about her to my therapist so I don’t because she’s scary). Me and my cousin were watching a movie after being on our phones for a while so I sat my phone on charge and put it on silent so it wouldn’t disrupt us. The movie is a bout half way through and my mum phones my eldest cousins phone. She gets really mad and asks why I didn’t answer and I told her why but she sounded furious. After the phone call I check my phone and I only had two missed calls surely my mum can’t get mad at that and it’s not like I’m out somewhere dangerous I’m just with my cousins. I didn’t phone her back that night because she told me earlier when she visited not to phone her. Then I got a text saying what time she would pick me up at in the morning. Me and my cousins went to sleep but I kept my phone next to me so I would hear the alarm as I am a very heavy sleeper. So I got up the next day when my alarm went of and put my phone on charge while I got changed in a different room. After I got changed my aunt handed me the phone oh was my mum asking why I didn’t answer my phone so once again I tried to explain but she just got mad and hung up. I found this weird because my mum always moans that I never go out and I’m always in the house so I didn’t understand her paranoia of me being at my aunts. My mum shouted at me as soon as I got on the car. Once we got to the house she started screaming calling me a disappointment and many other hurtful things. I went to my room to get changed and cried a lot bit my mum made me sit in the living room with her. I was still a mess at this point. I couldn’t stop crying. She kept telling me to shut up and stop crying getting really angry. She stared saying things like you’ve embarrassed me and are a disappointment. It was very hurtful. I done nothing bad enough to get this treatment. I kept on saying I was sorry and I won’t do it again. She got angry and told me I’m not staying over at anyone’s again. She was acting like I was a criminal. She was saying things like if I want to act grown up then I can do everything for my self from not on and how she’s giving up on me. This really got to me I’m at the hospital a lot and I am also at therapy for depression and other things. She also kept on mentioning on how she’s my mother other things like that. I’ve tried to apologise loads but not once has she ever took my apologies into consideration. She honestly scares me so much. She always gets mad really easily and I’m always on edge. She has never physically abused me but mentally im almost dead. I’m now still crying and I am having really bad thoughts about how to let the pain out and that’s different to me because I’ve never thought this deeply about something like that before, I’ve never acctually wanted to do damage like this to myself before. I feel so ashamed. I really hate myself right now.What should I do?