CrazyBoards.org

I'm 40 now. One time I was 22 and knew I needed help so I went to a therapist and she gave me herbal pills and acupuncture. Me, I still wanted to die and I knew there was SOMETHING out there but alas, moms insurance. Needless to say I became more depressed and sat in the cellar of a goth club staring at the wall for 5 years. Numb n drunk. Poverty did not enable me to seek meds but there was a clinical trial for Viibryd in 2012 which I did for three months along with Trazadone. It helped me get out of a dead end life im Seattle with a BPD type (you know how us codependants roll) and move to California. Must've not been a placebo since the withdrawal cold turkey was a week. Fast forward to Obamacare and asked for Citalopram. Big mistake. Called in sick to work,sweating like a crackhead and bipolar like behavior. Tried Buproprion. No side effects but didn't really *do* anything. Sooo....Cymbalta for 5 weeks and I just get more exhausted every second, take two naps a day on top of 8 hours of sleep. I dont have the fibro but do have back pain (DDD) I stuck with it, wouldn't you say? I even doubled the dosage to 120 which made sleepy times worse. I didn't suffer any side effects except the sleepy part. So go to shrink and he immediately wants to start me on generic Venalaxifine 35. whatever to 75 in two days. I asked about stimulants like Vyvanse or Adderall but he refused, though he was just fine prescribing Xanax and this Lorazapam. SO: Anyone had any luck doing this crossover. If it gives me at least more of a boost than Cymbalta, which just made me want to buy flowers and eat ice cream and pass out every three minutes, I would love to hear your experiences. Sorry so long, am newbie, and lonely in this waking dream🎃

Edited by Sleeeeeep77

Hi there. You posted the identical topic three times. I'm locking the duplicates so that all replies will be in one place.

Mia  (mod)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
      First off, I'm aware people here sometimes have issues when switching from Brand med to Generic. My pdoc started me on a Generic Venlafaxine, (maybe she didn't want there to be an issue at a later date, in case I wasn't given the specific Effexor name brand everytime, I guess)? I started on 37.5mg Mylan tab, and as I increased, not sure if it changed. Last 4 months, I was taking 150mg (in 1 tab pill), (can't remember the name).
      Anyway, I am completely confused!! I've been on different generic manufacturers and different formulations (sometimes I go to a different pharmacy, due to stock, they sometimes give me 2 75mg doses, instead of 150mg). I'm not sure even which manufacturer/brand I've been taking the longest, as I don't save the packages. However, I have noticed this last week, I've been on a different pill than months prior. I am definitely feeling different (much more tired, LAZY, spacey and sweaty) I compared my current pill (Peach, 2 dose 75mg Pfizer Venlafaxine Capsules with individual beads) to a previous one (White, Mylan Venlafaxine, it's a hard tablet inside a capsule?). I've never been on the capsule with individual beads version (usually only the hard tab).
      I don't know the difference between these formulations (capsule with beads versus hard tabs)!! I'm assuming there would be a huge difference in the release mechanism and absorption of the drug right? I'm not sure what to do, or which specific manufacturer/name to request now....I also read that only XR formulation exists (no instant) so all of these should be extended, right? Which ones have the best reputation?

• By Blahblah
      I’ve been on Effexor the last 3-4 months, I haven’t felt anxious at all, or depressed. Seems great right? I increased a week ago (to 150mg), and since, It’s increasingly difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I sleep really well, I don’t feel tired. I just feel soooo comfortable, relaxed, calm, cozy and content that I just lay in bed for an extra 3 hours. My mind empty.
      The last few days, I’ve been completely shirking off/avoiding all responsibilities: called in sick to work twice, skipped my courses, just to lay around in my pjs and do nothing! WTF? I No desire to socialize, haven't showered the last 2 days...It reminds me when I was on Celexa - I became so lazy/apathetic/disinterested that I had to discontinue.
      Is there such a thing as “too much serotonin?” Maybe I should just wait things out, until I get used to it? I feel like I need to increase my stimulant & drink extra coffee just to light a fire under my @ss.
    • By MNK99
      During misdiagnosis days, Effexor destroyed my life when I was barely 21. Severe mania, severe adhd, blackouts, being manipulated by psychopathic friends, and ruination all around. And PSSD (least of my issues then). Fixed (somehow) by 23 or so.
      At 29, tried lamotrigine. Further destroying my hair much like Adderall did. Tried finasteride - ruined my life (last year).
      Fixing now... or trying to. Literally made my face look different and caused things that look like hypogonadism. 
      If you are healthy - stay away from such drugs especially if you already have neurodevelopmental/neuropsychiatric disorders.
      I'm sure a lot of pro-med people here will disagree, but I have family members who are no more intelligent than me who are married with kids, and making 800k-2million a year. The difference between us isn't that I didn't work hard nor is it a lack of ability/intelligence. It's that I spent my 20's in hell, fixed it, was lured to try another med. Though dexedrine was working -- and no doctor believes lamotrigine can cause hair loss. And trust me: Drug-caused illness is even worse. If ADHD and Bipolar (and both) have increased suicide risks, what about adding a disease that no one knows about, that doctors don't believe in (at all), that changes one's genitals, eyes, eyesight, face, and ability to function? I'm lucky in that I've seen a lot of shyt in my life and am a fighter. Others (plenty have committed suicide) would be gone. I was close at times - thanks to finasteride. I was bedridden. I won't write here again, until I'm better. 

By the way some of those family members I have are physicians, and trust me they don't "get PSSD", nor "PFS" (post finasteride syndrome). So if I was alone before... Well I was better off without taking lamotrigine and for sure finasteride. Fin inhibited UTG1A4 which metabolizes Lamotrigine or perhaps it was neurosteroid depletion which caused Lamo to stop working while I was on it.
      I have neuro, psyche, and physical symptoms (like 20) because of this. It isn't in my head. I can literally see my picture from right before I quit to quitting finasteride, my eyes look different. My vision also is different, and I think slower. I'm getting a bit better - but I need it cured asap. Fuck all this.
    • By daisydo
      I was taking prozac for depression, .5mg klonopin daily for GAD, and lithium orotate for suicidal thoughts. I take rozerem at night for non24 sleep phase disorder. 
      The prozac stopped working and so my pdoc switched me to lexapro but it made me exhausted all the time- i basically would sleep, wake up, eat a little, go back to sleep... after two weeks she’s switching me over to effexor instead. I am starting at the lowest dose, but I’m not sure when to take it- is this going to be a morning pill? right now i take the lithium and rozerem at bedtime, and was taking prozac, klonopin and then the lexapro in the morning. I switched to taking the lexapro at night when i relized how exhausted it was making me. still, i slept all day and night. 

so effexor- i’ve read enough to know it’s an snri, and it’s a bitch to climb back off of. and it can take up to a month to work? is there anything else about this combo i should know, or does anyone have experience with these meds together?

i’m diagnosed with depression with psychotic features (since the 90s), general anxiety (past five years), non24 SPD, and chronic suicidal ideation. I know the non24 is the weird one, but I’ve found ways to set up my life/work schedule to manage it- i’m not sleep deprived.
      any thoughts would be great, i’m a relative newcomer to being medicated- i’ve only had access to a pdoc regularly dor the last three or four years, before that it was just urgent care or ER, random doctors trying to treat me.
    • By dumbdoo
      Hello there,
      I'am taking Duloxetine 120mg for Depression and Pure O (OCD) since Feb. 2017. Unfortunately, I still have intrusive thoughts and some symptoms of depression (low mood, no energy etc.), although I can handle my everyday life somehow. However, the whole situation is not satisfying for me and my family. I'm constantly tired, lethargic, grumpy, hungry and unhappy. So what's next? I've already tried to augment with Seroquel (300mg; horrible, horrible experience) and Abilify (2,5mg-5mg, quit working after two months).
      What's about switching the baseline med? Can I go back to SSRIs like Citalopram, Fluvoxamine or Paroxetine?* Or is it pointless, since the doctors kept telling me that Duloxetine and Venlafaxine were far more potent than the SSRIs...
      *Lexapro did considerably well in the past, but it unfortunately pooped out after two years. Sertraline did nothing for me (I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer).