CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
nestor

The Syrian War Thread

Trump is blaming Assad for the recent chemical attack in Syria and is using similar language to Obama back in 2013 about lines being crossed, hopefully he backs down like Obama did or we're going to have another trillion dollar, million-death catastrophe on our hands.

I'm suspicious that Assad might not have ordered that attack. Assad is winning on the ground. Why would he deploy a tactic that is sure to bring worldwide condemnation? On the other hand, certain rebel groups who are losing have it in their interests to make Assad look like a monster. So I don't know. I was quite dismayed to see Trump make a rush to judgment. But I never expected more out of Trump.

47 minutes ago, jt07 said:

I'm suspicious that Assad might not have ordered that attack. Assad is winning on the ground. Why would he deploy a tactic that is sure to bring worldwide condemnation? On the other hand, certain rebel groups who are losing have it in their interests to make Assad look like a monster. So I don't know. I was quite dismayed to see Trump make a rush to judgment. But I never expected more out of Trump.

And if I'm not mistaken, even the American government confirmed that Assad had disposed of his chemical weapons following the last incident, and the attack was targeting a munitions depot, so it seems likely that it was the rebels' Sarin, not Assad's. 

CRUISE MISSILES FIRED AT SYRIAN AIRBASE, THE WAR IS ON NOW!

56c.gif

Edited by nestor

This is bad. Very bad. The White House is unprepared.
The President is a clueless idiot.

Assad is dangerous. I am worried. I did NOT tell my daughter tonight. I will NOT let her fear the future anymore than she already does. 

The morning is soon enough. Bombs cannot be ignored.

My.....heart....goes out to those in Syria or with loved ones living there. 
May this end soon.

I support limited intervention in Syria that will actually save lives and contain Assad. Trump's strikes are just meant to distract from his domestic failures. They do nothing to deter Assad from using chemical weapons. I think we should create a no fly zone over northern Syria to protect refugees and our best ally in Syria, the Kurds. 

I am scared. If I talk about this now I cry. 

Assad is dangerous. This is war. Not a strike and go. 

Trump is vindictive. Trump is a narcissist. Trump is clueless.
He does not listen to the National Security Council reports.
He does not read briefs.
He does not go to meetings with the staff except to expound and bolt.
He listens to one person, an inexperienced young in over their effin head clueless idiot who thinks this is a movie.

George Bush, who did something indefensible. Unleashed terrorism on the world, at least HAD PEOPLE SURROUNDING HIM WHO KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.

All we have now is Mattis. And an emptied State Department.

This war is to deflect attention from the flailing government. This post is to deflect attention from my flailing mind so I can work. Thank you for listening to my rant.

• Like 1

Trump potentially started a war after less than 100 days in office......That's gotta be one for the record books, folks.

I also agree he did the missile strikes mainly as a distracting tactic, from all the things he's tried to do here in the U.S. that have failed miserably......

And he did it without Congressional approval as well--Isn't that against the law?

Stay tuned for more idiotic and narcissistic stunts from Don the Con.....**SIGH**

When will we ever have a president who keeps the military as a defense force for America rather than a tool to bully other nations? Yes, I feel very sad about the victims of the chemical attack, but I do not feel it has been firmly established who was at fault. And if you want all attacks to stop, then you put in the effort to stop the war and that might mean that Assad remains in power. But what is better: a stable Syria with Assad in power or a potential endless war with civilians and children getting killed. Syria was once a country that respected its minority populations including Christians and was relatively secular. This was all under Assad. Then came the Arab spring and all hell broke loose.

I'm just so sick and tired of America being the policeman of the world.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jt07 said:

When will we ever have a president who keeps the military as a defense force for America rather than a tool to bully other nations? 

Very seldom do we ever have a president like that, at least in my experience..

Trump is a bully and always will be, and now he has the entire U.S. military at his disposal....Let us not forget the nuclear codes he has now, too.

Be afraid.....Be very afraid.....:(

Edited by CrazyRedhead

22 minutes ago, toast said:

Yet, I assume the President of the United States would have access to information that we are not privy to.

The issue is, he does not know how to READ or UNDERSTAND that information. His filters are skewed. 
And those in his staff have other agenda. No one is looking out for the country who is currently at the helm of our ship.

I fully believe there are hundreds of wonderful people working for the US Government, in the military, etc. but without proper guidance and CONSISTENCY, we are lost.  

Whatever my personal feelings are for the President, I wish the very BEST for this country and for the Syrian people. To me, that means an end to the violence and a return to diplomacy, however haphazard. I don't believe in the death penalty because of the hypocrisy. The same with war. Who the hell are we to determine who lives and who dies.  If we are against rockets bombing our country, we have no right to bomb anyone else. 

Edited by water
except of course in self-defense. which has RARELY happened. **fingers crossed***

Well it looks like the Russians are pissed and are going to make a firm Stan with Assad and even if there isn't WW3, Cold War II is definitely on now. Foreign policy was the decisive factor for me siding with Trump last year and now that it's become apparent that his is indistinguishable from Hillary's, I'm going to try to be much more politically active in favor the Democrats in 2018 and 2020 in the hopes of preventing the Republicans from gutting social services and restricting abortion.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of other posers that Assad is essentially blamed for everything gone wrong in Syria...when he seems to be reactionary in most parts...

Some people here in the West with power and many in the middle east Saudis, Israelis, seem to really want Assad gone...

• Like 1