CrazyBoards.org

Just changed my therapist as the old one moved too far away....across the country, sucks cause I was with her like 14 years.  Anyway, to the point, do most people feel kind of like the R.E.M. song "Losing my Religion" where he says "oh no I've said too much I haven't said enough" and by the way I do think this new tdoc is great so far so I don't think it's her really.

It takes me a long time to feel comfortable with a new therapist. A long time. Like, a year and a half of weekly meetings before I cried in front of my current one. Admittedly it's a continuum, not a either/or kind of thing. 

I'm sorry your previous tdoc moved away, I would find that very upsetting. 

I'm in the middle of therapist shopping right now since I moved across the country. It sucks. I've been putting it off because I hate going through the process of establishing rapport.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mrjones
      I have never had a therapist that can't make up her f&*king mind how long a session is.  Supposed to be 45 minutes, maybe running over, at least thats what was explained in first session.  This woman it dont matter it may be 40, 35 and now were getting into 25 minutes, for Christ sake I dont want to drive the distance for 25 minutes.  Plus what the hell is the insurance paying for something different every week.  I know I should say something but I guess IM at this vulnerable stage  where right now I just dont have it in me.  Although I do feel like telling her next wednesday I called my insurance companies cause I was concerned why their only paying for 25 minutes now, see if she gets the hint.   Also, just tired of never knowing how long I have to talk or if I'm gonna be instantly cut off.  this is a new one on me, before an hour was an hour, maybe fifty minutes but it was consistent week to week.
    • By mrjones
      Had a question from therapist yesterday that kind of made me think, thought I'd bring it here.  She ask me: Do you feel you're at a point that you are in control of your bipolar now?  After some thought had to answer truthfully NO, I've never really felt in control of it at all.  Basically in two hours or at any time my whole mood can change like flipping a switch, and I really don't immediately notice the switch.  But it seemed a pretty profound and fair question, maybe some folks are more in control of it.  Kind of wonder if there was a right or wrong answer and by the way I've been bipolar for roughly 25 years if it matters.  well actually schizo-affective, bipolar 1 type for the last couple years, if the labels are important.
      s
    • By mrjones
      So Ive really been feeling bad so i tell my therapist like 4 or 5 times Im feeling suicidal, the last time I ask if "I appeared too happy because I do tend to put on a happy face, even when depressed", she says that don't really happen then she says "Well I've been told I can recognize someone suicidal very well".  I thought on the way home, dont really happen oh yeah like Robin Williams.  Anyway, as she is only 29, I wondered and remembered everytime I bring up Bipolar, Depression, PTSD, Halucinations and voices and especially self-harm she changes subject. And later that night I cut.  Now I am wondering although she is a clinical social worker, is she really qualified for mental illnesses beyond basic couseling or not confident in those areas.  For the most part I do really like her but, hey, as you can see below I got quite a mess of mental problems, I do need someone competent in those areas.
    • By Blahblah
      I've been seeing various professional, licensed therapists for over 20 years now (every modality, you name it). I have not made any kind of noticeable progress and each session now I get more and more frustrated/hopeless/depressed/bored AF because I'm wasting money on something that isn't helping...Therapy is centered around diving into the past, healing past wounds, talking about childhood, blaming others for said bad childhood. Over-analyzing thoughts/feelings/behaviors. My therapist just sort of listens and asks questions - that's it!!
      There's a huge uptick in people offering various "Life/Personal coaching" packages. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried or considered these? Problem is, many are just young "DIY" type people promoting themselves on Facebook. It's really difficult to navigate the space to find credible individuals, not scammer-types spouting stuff like "how I made my million-dollar business" "manifest your perfect life" BS.
      Life coaching appears to be more proactive though, about forward movement and goal setting. I'm wondering if anyone has benefited from this stuff?? What criteria would you use to choose someone?

• By Matt45
      I was diagnosed 30 years ago bipolar took all kinds of meds. Drug and alcohol abuse my entire life. Never in one place long enough or clean enough to think not bipolar. I have been mostly clean and around same people 7 years now. Questions led to testing. Told I have avoidance disorder.  I stopped meds. Things are scary Dr. Stopped working with me. I have not been without some med. Or drugs for lifetime. I get paranoid and doubt everything. I see councilor but feel like a child all this new stuff and fear no sleep trying to work crying happy opinion on everything friends family myself no idea what I am.  Off meds 2 month. Struggling. Not apposed to meds but need time to sort out who I am and what I can handle. Sorry lost right now. Trouble at work had to take off need help