tyrantblade

I just took a lot of alcohol + pills

16 posts in this topic

Idk what's gonna happen to me; but I drank like 1/3rd of a 1.75L of regular strength vodka, took my regular medicine (Seroquel XR and sertraline); and 16 zzz-quill pills, I have never went this extreme before, but maybe I can handle it because I'm quite overweight and strong; but if not, please try to give my life some sort of meaning and please let everybody know how much ebay and paypal sucks.

I paid $250 for a ps4 pro and some B told me I should have known it was a scam and that due to a technical error (that they won't admit is a technical error, never mind I've done the same mistake half a dozen times, basically I paid with the wrong card, got a refund and then repaid with the right card and it simply says I have a refund, never mind 1 refund and 2 payments = item paid for).

Anyways either CYA in the morning or maybe in another life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to call poison control/ambulance.  Please.  Are you still awake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TakeAChillPill said:

You need to call poison control/ambulance.  Please.  Are you still awake?

Yes, what will happen will happen, I'm not doing anything besides trying to fall asleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tyrantblade said:

Yes, what will happen will happen, I'm not doing anything besides trying to fall asleep.

You seem depressed otherwise you'd want to make sure that tomorrow comes.  I gave you my advice.   I hope you're okay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TakeAChillPill said:

You seem depressed otherwise you'd want to make sure that tomorrow comes.  I gave you my advice.   I hope you're okay.  

Well, I'm alive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's that working out for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, WinterRosie said:

How's that working out for you?

A little sick as I've been lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bummer that pills and alcohol seemed like the best way to try to deal with the disappointment in yourself for getting snookered by the ebay thing. And I understand how that happens.

Sounds like a good time to make an appointment with a health care provider just to make sure you are out of danger from the alcohol/pills combo, that you haven't caused any lasting damage, and that it's safe to restart your prescribed meds as prescribed.

What do you think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've done this before, usually after starting on my medicine and getting some sleep I feel as good as new.

I guess I feel like nothing and a nobody because of a particular ebay representative that tried to say I should have known it was a scam because it was too cheap.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think an item that costs $400 brand new should sell used for $400+.

I was all set to have a very good weekend and then this ebay/paypal BS ruined it.

I guess when I feel really badly I wanna drink myself stupid so my brain shuts down and I don't have to think about my problems; I know it's not a good way to deal with things and I should stop 

Edited by tyrantblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really shitty the eBay Rep tried to blame you for someone else's dishonesty. Not cool. To the point that if you feel up to it, may be helpful to express your dissatisfaction up the food chain at eBay.

i can imagine it's easy to say you'd be better off stopping the strategy you used. And in the absence of other things to do instead, it makes sense to me that you'd use something you've done before that was effective in getting your brain to shut up.

Until you can learn different ways to deal, are there ways you could make it less dangerous (i.e. Less likely to kill or permanently harm you)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wooster said:

It's really shitty the eBay Rep tried to blame you for someone else's dishonesty. Not cool. To the point that if you feel up to it, may be helpful to express your dissatisfaction up the food chain at eBay.

i can imagine it's easy to say you'd be better off stopping the strategy you used. And in the absence of other things to do instead, it makes sense to me that you'd use something you've done before that was effective in getting your brain to shut up.

Until you can learn different ways to deal, are there ways you could make it less dangerous (i.e. Less likely to kill or permanently harm you)?

I try to stay busy with TV shows, and a lot of the time I play video games, just sometimes I get in the mood that I don't care about anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's still a two week review period, during which I think there's a good chance that eBay/PayPal will figure out you got scammed, and your money will be returned. Maybe you can concentrate on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 7:36 AM, tyrantblade said:

I try to stay busy with TV shows, and a lot of the time I play video games, just sometimes I get in the mood that I don't care about anything.

I do the same thing.  Youtube and Netflix.  Perhaps when you think about drinking, tell yourself that you have to watch one TV episode before you can drink.  And then, if you still want to drink, you drink... but just maybe you'll want to watch more episodes instead.

What exactly happened with ebay?  Can you explain a bit more?  If you're doing a dispute, I'd go through Paypal instead of Ebay.  Their process is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Cetkat said:

I do the same thing.  Youtube and Netflix.  Perhaps when you think about drinking, tell yourself that you have to watch one TV episode before you can drink.  And then, if you still want to drink, you drink... but just maybe you'll want to watch more episodes instead.

What exactly happened with ebay?  Can you explain a bit more?  If you're doing a dispute, I'd go through Paypal instead of Ebay.  Their process is better.

I tried ebay and paypal, they are both giving me the same runaround, making me wait 11 days.

It started as a dispute and now it's a claim and won't process until next week and they told me they can't make it go any quicker.

Edited by tyrantblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sell on ebay a few times a month at most. Only had one "problem" customer thankfully, but that's probably because I don't sell a lot.

Basically, as San already pointed out, buyers are in the power position and win almost every dispute. So it sucks that you have to wait, but at least you can be pretty sure it will be resolved in your favor. In fact, once I started selling on ebay and read some of the many horror stories on the ebay seller forums, I began to feel a lot more comfortable as a buyer on ebay because ebay/paypal bend over backwards to make people feel "safe" buying there. I've never contacted a seller with a complaint or anything, but I know if I did, either the seller would try to quickly appease me or else ebay/paypal would have my back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty sick on Monday, missed work and slept all day, and then I was pretty sick the last few days; but I'm feeling physically and mentally better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now