dtac

State wants to move Xanax from S4 to S2

32 posts in this topic

The thing is,[email protected], you're not a Moderator here. So your experience with 4-Chan or Reddit or wherever else you were tooling around has no meaning to this site or its standards. Butting heads with the site Moderators here is a sign of sheer unadulterated stupidity, but we make allowances for lunacy here at Crazyboards - on a limited basis.

And you've just spent your allowance.

Cerberus

20 hours ago, Wooster said:

a) we are all batshit insane, @JustNuts

b) because we talk about meds this site has been the subject of higher than average scrutiny than in the past

c) we are all volunteers, and 

d) as such have no desire to police the PMs of a member who said they would do something that threatens the site for all users

e) if you don't like it here, feel free to leave

18 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The thing is,[email protected], you're not a Moderator here. So your experience with 4-Chan or Reddit or wherever else you were tooling around has no meaning to this site or its standards. Butting heads with the site Moderators here is a sign of sheer unadulterated stupidity, but we make allowances for lunacy here at Crazyboards - on a limited basis.

And you've just spent your allowance.

Cerberus

As I've explained already, your site is nothing special when it comes to the DMCA, the forum I was involved with had literally orders of magnitude higher risk at stake with far more actionable circumstances and yet they didn't resort to immature and irrational overreactions. The forum was also almost exclusively volunteer-ran, with approximately 110-130 active volunteer moderators and admins combined at any point in time and only a single paid staff member in charge of broad-scale community management. It also happened to be owned/controlled by a major company that would be extremely sensitive to DMCA issues for a number of reasons and yet didn't give a shit because they knew that the community was already clearly complying with their obligations under the DMCA via appropriate enforcement actions.

My point once again is that you have completely mishandled the situation, you have the most ridiculous views about what's actually appropriate or what's actually happened, and whenever it's brought up you revert right back to the same poorly-thought-out (and refuted) arguments combined with outright ad hominem attacks and thinly-veiled threats while flat-out ignoring, dismissing, or otherwise brushing aside everything any other forum member says.

"Batshit insane" or not, there's no excuse for acting like this. It's not the right way to run a community. It's not professional.

Let me remind you that I was not the one to bring this topic back up in here, I merely briefly summarized the reasons why nobody can send me private messages when a member asked why the private message button wouldn't show up on my profile. You guys are the ones who decided that this conversation deserved to be resurrected again beyond that point. So don't even try to blame me for that.

@JustNuts Why do you continue to beat a dead horse? The word of the moderators is final, and this is particularly true in questions regarding board policy. As far as being unprofessional, where have we ever said we are professionals? This is a peer site ran by crazy people for crazy people. The moderators are all volunteer. Your continual actions of posting insults and taunting the moderators shows that you don't appreciate just how much on thin ice you are.

Also, taking away your ability to PM was not an overaction. It was a measured step to prevent us from having to police your PMs for criminal activity.

Back to the original topic of benzos...

We just ran into someone needing a prior auth for Klonopin for the first time today. 

hooray.gif

8 hours ago, JustNuts said:

Let me remind you that I was not the one to bring this topic back up in here, I merely briefly summarized the reasons why nobody can send me private messages when a member asked why the private message button wouldn't show up on my profile. You guys are the ones who decided that this conversation deserved to be resurrected again beyond that point. So don't even try to blame me for that.

And by doing that, you brought the topic back up. And now you should drop it. Forever. 

Here in Australia Xanax has been a schedule 8 drug (same as CII, basically) for a long time. Few people seem to use it and it has a very bad rep. Valium and Restoril are very widely used, however.

2 hours ago, mcjimjam said:

Here in Australia Xanax has been a schedule 8 drug (same as CII, basically) for a long time. Few people seem to use it and it has a very bad rep. Valium and Restoril are very widely used, however.

Interesting........What about Klonopin and Ativan?.....How widely are they used in Australia?

Just curious......:)