deeschmee

What Now?

6 posts in this topic

I applied, appealed, asked the judge to review my case and was denied SSI/SSDI after 3 long years.

I applied again. I get rental assistance and $90 in food stamps. I struggle working part time and am in financial despair.

My car won't pass inspection, I owe on bills, rent, $ to social services and my SSI lawyer. 

I need a second or better job but I'm scared I can't handle it.

What should I do?

I would find a pro bono lawyer to help you with getting SSDI ... they don't get paid unless you win.  Their pay is a portion of your back-pay that you'd get.

And maybe call someone for free legal advice (would need to google it) ... they would probably know how to help, whether it be with advice or to direct you in the right direction.

Try googling this:  "free legal financial advice (put in your state) help paying bills" ... there might be assistance programs in your state that could help you.

I gotcha...Ur in the west of ny state right? Call catholic charities and get a case worker. They can help with good advice. Pro bono is good idea for lawyer. They're req'd to do so much per year. Call random ones and see if they met their quota yet...your case doesn't sound complicated so they'd be more likely to help. If ur car won't pass inspection, leave it off the street if u can so it don't get tix, and being on ssi you qualify for the carts bus to take u to places, and its free...that's why it's good to talk to catholic charities. Salvation Army handles some stuff but they're less able to do a lot and a lot of people find them to be unpleasant to deal with. 

Source: having been poor as shit and living in the state of ny back then

Brokendishes, I LOVE your nick. It would work for me too. I am better suited fro BrokenWindows.

1 person likes this

Thank you all for replying!

Turns out I got a new position at my work where i now work M-F no nights or weekends. Now

I can get a second job or continue on with school during the morning.

PS. I am not on a bus route as I live in the country 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, deeschmee said:

Thank you all for replying!

Turns out I got a new position at my work where i now work M-F no nights or weekends. Now

I can get a second job or continue on with school during the morning.

PS. I am not on a bus route as I live in the country 

Congratulations!  That is great news!

2 people like this