CrazyBoards.org

Alien Navel Cord

Skipping Work

Terrible! I pretended to go to work but called out sick. I am at Starbucks right now until my gf leaves for work so that she doesn't find out. Anyone else ever do things like this?

37 minutes ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Terrible! I pretended to go to work but called out sick. I am at Starbucks right now until my gf leaves for work so that she doesn't find out. Anyone else ever do things like this?

Yes. there was a time when I would call out too often and I hid it from my parents. I was really stressed/anxious at the job. I am more stable now and I have a less stressful work environment. I don't do that anymore.

I did get a verbal warning at work about calling out sick. You don't want to make it a habit.

I've taken half-days plenty of times when my SO is at work and I know I can go home and get some peace and quiet. When I get too stressed, sometimes this is the best option. Haven't had to do this in a while, thankfully.

I have to take mental health days so to compensate I don't ever call in sick for anything fun.. but everyone at work does, so it is surely normal.

I usually leave work or don't come in and I use FMLA for anxiety & bipolar, which is usually the problem anyway that makes it hard for me to do my job. Right now, going through mild depression. But trying to stay focused at work (I'm at work right now, how's it working out for me??) and not get sad here. keep busy so I don't have to leave.