orangey123

Nightmares

3 posts in this topic

I had a sleep study. Mild apnea.

Just wondering if any of you have had nightmares since you were tiny. I remember praying with my mom and they went away. I'm thinking they gave me medicine. 

Has anyone else dealt with this since a very young age 3

Oh yeah. I always had nightmares. I have a very vivid memory of being about 4 years old and running away from Frankenstein, but we were running up a down escalator. I remember the nightmares being so bad by the time I was 12 or 13 that they put me on Wellbutrin, which stopped the nightmares, but brought them into the daytime. I had full-on hallucinations of kids dancing in fire and all sorts of things. I promptly stopped taking Wellbutrin, and the nightmares returned. I'd rather have them in my sleep than when I'm awake... Fast-forward to age 25, and I developed psychosis- no visual hallucinations, but auditory hallucinations instead. Lovely.

I have had middle of the night nightmares since I was young also. Sometimes this would make me go sleepwalk cry on the stairs with no memory of why or how I got there. I didnt really share them with anyone, except when I ended up crying and waking up my parents, then i obviously had to explain why I was crying. I kept them to myself mostly

Today I still have nightmares 2-3x a week, but the have become more gorey and violent. I'm talking dreams of my dad trying to run my 85 year old neighbor with a gigantic lawn mower then me somehow taking it away and apologizing to the neighbor, stating my dad forgot to take his haldol and xanax tonight. Or someone robbing my house in a very sneakily way as to deceive me, ending in me and my parents getting the intruders gun and shooting him in the face. They are really disturbing and vivid nightmares but I am kind of used to them now. I've dreamt my mom was a dragon who locked me up in some cave and when I escaped she tried biting my head off, and I remember this dream from at least 4 years ago. Some are hard to forget, while others I wish I could forget right away.