pinkfloydforeverlove

I've been awake for 3 days....

12 posts in this topic

I can't seem to shut my overactive mind off at night. I've tried hypnosis, which is pretty hit or miss, but it sometimes helps. I've tried drinking less caffeine, and only associating the bed with sleep. I'm dreading trying to sleep tonight. Any suggestions?

Yes. I'm on Prozac and Abilify, and also take Clonidine for sleep. But as you can see, it's not  helping.

i would call your doc and get some nice sleepytime pills. being up that long must be kicking the crap out of you. when I'm like that my doc calls in a benzo or trazodone or a sedating antipsychotic (which i always keep for occasions like your describing)

Ya getting a sleep med would help.

Have you tried running or long walk?

I find this helps me sleep, moves the energy out of mind into the body.

You could (NOT A DOCTOR) try Benadryl that makes some sleepy, preferably after talking with. doc

Your doc can't read your mind, you need to communicate with them if you are not doing well, not self medicate.

You still really should have an urgent convo with ur doc

Posted (edited)

I have a tendency to stay awake right up to the point of absolute exhaustion where my brain can't even think a complete thought through anymore. Trying to sleep on a regular schedule has never been achievable for me. 

But, when I do get to sleep, nothing wakes me up. A tornado could suck me out of bed and throw me a mile away and I would wake up wondering how I got there. I wake up thinking about my dreams and trying to figure it all out. Then, mass quantities of coffee.. or I get caffiene withdrawal headaches.

Im usually awake for about 36-44 hours then sleep solid for 10-12. Definitely not a healthy, normal cycle, but that is my normal. 

The one thing that helps me relax and shut my brain off is playing some relaxing tones specially designed to influence the sleeping mind. 

Here is an example. 

Edited by Lms-Kaz
~

On 7/19/2017 at 8:34 PM, pinkfloydforeverlove said:

Yes. I'm on Prozac and Abilify, and also take Clonidine for sleep. But as you can see, it's not  helping.

not saying it's the same for u, when i tried avilifybi didn't sleep for 72 hours straight ,then slept 1-2 hours a day for 3 days, so 3-6 hours in 6 days, i was so tired and sick. ambien didn't even put me to sleep. stopped the ability and i was fine. i also had memory loss