Wonderful.Cheese

Handmade gift for tdoc? Inappropriate?

12 posts in this topic

So I crocheted a baby hat for my pregnant tdoc today. Is it inappropriate to give a gift to your tdoc before she goes on maternity leave? Will she even be allowed to accept it? Is that creepy what I did? I wasn't trying to be creepy. She knows I'm a crocheter and knitter. It's a cute and fun little hat that should fit her baby in winter. I made it yellow because I don't know if she is having a boy or a girl. Do I even try to give it to her?

As a general rule a doc is allowed to accept items that are worth less than $20, so you ought to be OK. And I don't think it's creepy at all. It's nice of you.

3 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

As a general rule a doc is allowed to accept items that are worth less than $20, so you ought to be OK. And I don't think it's creepy at all. It's nice of you.

Oh thanks gear! I didn't know that! I hope she can accept it then! And it's waaaay under $20. Probably $0.80 in yarn. 

Cheese, that's so sweet of you. I don't think it's inappropriate at all. I hope she likes it! Let us know how it goes.

10 minutes ago, Geek said:

Cheese, that's so sweet of you. I don't think it's inappropriate at all. I hope she likes it! Let us know how it goes.

I definitely will let you all know how it goes! Thanks geek!

Aww! That's so sweet, Cheese!

I don't think it's creepy.  Different doctors have different limits on what they accept - some accept no gifts at all and some are totally cool with it. I don't think $20 is universal at least where I am but "nominal value" is the most common boundary which a hat definitely is. 

I think it's a really sweet gift. I hope you're able to give it to her and she likes it. 

"Nominal value" is pretty common here as well.

It's really thoughtful.

I always bring my pdoc and his assistant veggies from my garden. They are always grateful.

1 person likes this

On 7/29/2017 at 8:23 PM, Geek said:

Just to update...

She was able to accept the gift! She thanked me and said it was sweet of me. I said I don't know if you can accept this but I made this for you...and she said I probably can't but I'm going to anyway! She said she doesn't have any winter things for her new baby so the hat was perfect. Yay!

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Just to update...

She was able to accept the gift! She thanked me and said it was sweet of me. I said I don't know if you can accept this but I made this for you...and she said I probably can't but I'm going to anyway! She said she doesn't have any winter things for her new baby so the hat was perfect. Yay!

Aww! Yes!