Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaerrusFish

Hearing voices as a result of methamphetamine use

4 posts in this topic

I've been dealing with bi-polar disorder and depression for years, unfortunately late in life is discovered methamphetamines and rode a high for a couple years which resulted in hearing voices in the sounds around me, especially machinery. Durring the delusional phase of the addiction I was living near a freeway and became convinced voices were coming from the sound of the cars, it got worse and I eventually started hearing them in music, television, running water and even the ringing in my ears. I've been clean for almost four months now and I'm still hearing voices in cars and machinery.  Durring my using I also heard actual human voices but those quickly subsided after coming off meth.  I'm also hearing my own thoughts in this and have been able to think, or talk over the voices to drown them out. 

If anyone has any help or can share medication experiences I would appreciate it.  I'll keep it short and provide more details in the thread that follows, thank you.  

I'm currently taking 2mg of Abilify.

Meth is neurotoxic at any dose and can lead to Parkinson's , movement disorders, and other bad things. I know it is fun but it is damaging your brain. You need treatment, a pdoc would be good.  It seems you have someone but you need to talk to them and possibly adjust your dose. It is important to treat the voices and other symptoms to limit the damage to your brain.

Recovering from meth takes months but you can get back to feeling normal.

Heavy meth use is known to potentially cause something called meth psychosis. Alternatively, psychotic symptoms could be a fun new feature of your BP.

Thank you notloki, WinterRosie...  yes BP has an interesting spin on it now.  

Still dealing with the details or I'd describe my experience, soon I hope.