Gearhead

I give up.

14 posts in this topic

Just popping by to say ugh. That's some bull. 

AARRGGGHHHH......That's all I can say.......**SIGH**

Well the cynical side of me was right, there really are people on that level of denseness. I stand corrected.

... amazing. How many times must the 'link' between autism and vaccines be debunked before people get it. Dogs can't even be autistic? @Gearhead hoping for technology that will turn me into a dog. Mine is currently dozing away and seems quite happy with life.

Haha... really?!

I was trying to picture an autistic canine, but then remembered the well-known phrase:

"If you've met one dog with autism..."

This does not surprise me. The world is entering into an anti-science era and has been for the last 20 or 30 years. The Great Enlightenment epoch is over. People believe unfounded claims made by charlatans and/or people with a vested interest in making the claims over science and scientific research. It is sad to say, but in this sense I'm pessimistic about the future.

1 person likes this

It's definitely troubling times, but it's also comforting (to me anyway) that there are still people willing to not be dicks and to actually do good. I'm a closeted optimist (and bisexual hahaha sorry I enjoy making that joke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNWWrDBRBqk

This link contains talk about parasites, but I promise it has an inspirational ending. And thankfully, the number of people who don't think vaccinating their dogs causes autism vastly outweighs those who do.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

At this point, can we trade the dog for the current president?

Edited by Bethmom
1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Bethmom said:

At this point, can we trade the dog for the current president?

We can use my dog, Joe. There would be less barking.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

We can use my dog, Joe. There would be less barking.

Gearhead's dog, Joe, for President, 2017!!!  Seriously, though... I'm so tired of having Asperger's and trying to navigate the world of law school.  There is such a competitive environment there with the forced curve that accommodations are seen as an unfair advantage.  They automatically offer time and a half and a separate room for testing.  I declined the time and a half, I just take the separate room to avoid the sensory distractions...but they're "confidential" accommodations, so nobody knows I am not getting time and a half.  I'm tired of the bullying and crap because I'm towards the top of the class.  I'm there by my own merit.  I just take my exams in a separate room.  On top of that, I have multiple concussions every semester from seizures, which the professors won't accommodate at all due to the "materially alter" exception to the ADA accommodation rules.  GAHHHH.  I couldn't even take Disability Law at law school...the disability law professor wouldn't accommodate my need for absences due to epilepsy.  Gotta love the irony of that one!

Edited by Bethmom
update

Wow that's a whole other level of messed up. You'd think lawyers would be bending over backwards to give you appropriate accommodations. Is there any way to move into disability law after university? Like taking additional courses or working/volunteering somewhere? I hope all the bullies STFU and let you get on with being an amazing lawyer

6 hours ago, ananke said:

Wow that's a whole other level of messed up. You'd think lawyers would be bending over backwards to give you appropriate accommodations. Is there any way to move into disability law after university? Like taking additional courses or working/volunteering somewhere? I hope all the bullies STFU and let you get on with being an amazing lawyer

All lawyers are licensed as generalists, I can practice whatever type of law I want.  My partner and I are opening a pro-bono firm and representing people of all types on a sliding scale based on income.  Until I become fluent in ASL, I'm employing an ASL translator to ensure I can serve individuals in the hard of hearing and deaf community as well.  

3 people like this