CrazyBoards.org

3 hours ago, looking for answers said:

i guess its normal to just not want someone as a patient anymore out of no where. No verbal altercations or anything. Being in healthcare i can say this doesnt happen often. ALso i guess its normal to state you will follow someone until they get into an IOP then disappear and send a letter...........what was i thinking

I'm not saying it is right or normal. I'm saying it's clearly what they did, and they are within their rights to do so. It sucks but it is what it is.

I don't know about your state, but in my state, a doctor can "divorce" a patient as long as he/she has made arrangements for them to see another doctor for follow up care. There is no duty beyond that except maybe to maintain and send the records (for a fee).

I'm pretty sure that your doctor was within their rights. The last thing they would want is a lawsuit.

I want to emphasize that, in my state at least, there doesn't have to be any grounds at all. The doctor may simply not want to treat a patient further, and subject to the condition I stated above, he/she may dismiss a patient.

Doctors can drop you for no reason; if there is an ongoing medical problem requiring treatment they can discharge you from their care if there is a referral to an appropriate person to continue this care. I have had this happen to a friend, all they had to do is give them a name of another doc. Docs here discharge you for missing an appointment without proper notice given by the patient to the doctor. Doctors drop patients who will not follow their treatment plans, what is the reason to see a doc if you don't follow their treatment plan ?

Edited by notloki

Looking for answers, why are you beating this dead horse? They obviously don't want to see you anymore. Do you really want care from a doctor who doesn't want to see you? I would leave it alone and move on. As per your other posts, you have iop coming up and your gdoc is writing scripts to cover you until then. To me it sounds like you are well positioned and are not left dangling. 

you guys aren't getting it. im not stable. im

not on meds that are working. i hve no one who will adjust or manage them. pcp agreed to s what i had and increase the seroquel 100mg to 200mg. which has effectively done nothing but lessen the sedation. 

1 hour ago, looking for answers said:

you guys aren't getting it.

I do get it. You are suffering and are desperate for help. Unfortunately, the wheels of mental health care grind slowly and you have to be patient. If you need help right now then you have to go to the ER. That's the only way I know to be seen immediately.

Keep in mind that finding the right meds can take a long time. It's not just a matter of your meds not working so you switch to meds that do work because you have no idea beforehand which meds will work for you. And it's always a waiting game each time a new med is tried.

I think you would benefit from seeing a therapist also because you need someone to help you calm down and look at things realistically.

i'm sorry @jt07 i'm just so down, so beat up, and so sick of trying, can't even get help going to the hospital........ and i know the meds r a process , which is even more depressing knowing that once i actually get help it may be a long while, i get it, i just give up

I don't want to get into the suffering olympics, but just so you know it took me 3/4 of my entire life to find some semblance of stability, and I'm much older than you. That's what I mean by it takes a lot of time. I've gone through more than 10 psychiatrists and have had over 20 years of therapy. It's a long, difficult road. I'm not trying to discourage you. You might be one of the lucky ones that hit on the right meds sooner rather than later. I can't possibly know that.

2 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

i'm sorry @jt07 i'm just so down, so beat up, and so sick of trying, can't even get help going to the hospital........ and i know the meds r a process , which is even more depressing knowing that once i actually get help it may be a long while, i get it, i just give up

Don't give up. As I said, you might be one of the lucky ones who hit on the right meds very soon. I am treatment resistant and that's why it took me so long. You are just starting. The important thing is that there is a helpful med or cocktail out there.

I thought I'd never get better. I was just biding time to end it. Then I found a great pdoc and it literally turned my life around. I went from missing almost a years worth of high school ECT, and being hospitalized 3 (and 1/2) times to being on the deans list last semester. Sometimes the turnaround is agonizing, but it's usually there. Of course there's the waiting...waiting...waiting...

but there are a million combos and a million docs...don't give up on urself 

12 minutes ago, jt07 said:

I don't want to get into the suffering olympics, but just so you know it took me 3/4 of my entire life to find some semblance of stability, and I'm much older than you. That's what I mean by it takes a lot of time. I've gone through more than 10 psychiatrists and have had over 20 years of therapy. It's a long, difficult road. I'm not trying to discourage you. You might be one of the lucky ones that hit on the right meds sooner rather than later. I can't possibly know that.

Don't give up. As I said, you might be one of the lucky ones who hit on the right meds very soon. I am treatment resistant and that's why it took me so long. You are just starting. The important thing is that there is a helpful med or cocktail out there.

i'm sorry it took you that long. discouraging at best

2 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I thought I'd never get better. I was just biding time to end it. Then I found a great pdoc and it literally turned my life around. I went from missing almost a years worth of high school ECT, and being hospitalized 3 (and 1/2) times to being on the deans list last semester. Sometimes the turnaround is agonizing, but it's usually there. Of course there's the waiting...waiting...waiting...

but there are a million combos and a million docs...don't give up on urself 

ect that helped?

I've never done ECT, but if my cocktail ever fails and there are no new meds, then I will definitely do ECT.

since they changed my diagnosis to bipola, i hve tried nothing! seroquel to 200mg

i was on lamictal up to 350mg but it didn't do much a while back

i had a genesight test though and i hyper metabolize lamictal and it was messing with my kidneys so we never really saw if it worked or not