CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
nestor

The Eviction of the Daily Stormer from the Internet

What is everyone's opinion on the Daily Stormer being forced into the darkweb over the last week, corporate crackdown on free speech or businesses exercising their right to do business with who they please?

Edit: Here's the article that got the Stormer taken down, https://web.archive.org/web/20170813181100/https://www.dailystormer.com/heather-heyer-woman-killed-in-road-rage-incident-was-a-fat-childless-32-year-old-slut/

Edited by nestor

In the country that I live in, which is Not-America, there is a difference codified in law between "free speech" and "hate speech." Where I live, Daily Stormer is hate speech. And so, yes it deserves to be sent into the darkwebs.

• Like 1

The First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States says merely that the government cannot impede freedom of speech. It does not apply to private entities. So businesses are within their rights to restrict any kind of speech they find offensive.

I honestly do not know what the Daily Stormer is. I've never seen it or visited its site. Offhand it sounds like some kind of a neo-Nazi website, but I don't know that to be a fact.

• Like 1

It is a common misconception that the American first amendment applies to anything or anyone that isn't Government.

Thanks, Gear. That is utterly disgusting. It deserves to be removed from the internet.

Right? Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

• Like 2