Precarious

Lack of thoughts

15 posts in this topic

I've had one near psychosis and one psychosis/mania. I'm also diagnosed with autism. I'm on abilify, serlain, rilatine and sometimes etumine. I'm a full time white collar worker. Since a couple of months I've problems with working. It's like the work doesn't seem to get to my brain. I've a lack of thoughts. Working on it with my p doc. She described serlain for it. I'm on it for a couple of months now but the problem remains. Anyone advice?

10 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

What's the dosage of sertraline you're taking?

75 mg

I get a little flat thought-wise (everything-wise really) when everything is working as it should be. I think it comes with the territory of being non-psychotic sometimes. : / 

You have plenty of room to go up on sertaline. I take 200mg. I am bipolar also.

Talked to my p doc today... she upped my serlain to 100 mg. I hope it works. Have to give it another 2 to 3 weeks :-(

On 9/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, Precarious said:

I've problems with working. It's like the work doesn't seem to get to my brain. I've a lack of thoughts. 

I am on Abilify and sometimes I just feel incredibly dumb at work. It's like certain firings that are supposed to be happening are not happening. Like a road block. It makes me feel like I couldn't/shouldn't get a higher paying job or higher level job even if I wanted to, because my poor mental function is worrying. 

On 9/5/2017 at 6:54 AM, Precarious said:

Have to give it another 2 to 3 weeks :-(

Waiting for meds to work sucks!! Have you ever taken fish oil? I know a lot of people over-recommend it. But it's supposed to help with inflammation in the brain which can exacerbate problems that are already there. I take some that is fruity-flavored so that it doesn't give me fish burps and I imagine it's helping me be less stupid. Who knows! I hope you are feeling sharper soon.

Nine days ago we upped the serlain to 150 mg. Work isn't getting better however I care less about it

Could u add more of your stimulant? 

Edited by Iceberg

On 1-10-2017 at 0:02 AM, Iceberg said:

Could u add more of your stimulant? 

That's an option :-) yesterday and today were good days: mood is better. Lack of concentration less. Lets hope it stays this way. Apparantly, considering 200 mg is max. and I'm on 150mg serlain, I need quite a lot of antidepressant. Considering I dont feel depressed this is strange to me. However I read in a research paper that dosage for dysthymia are the same as for depression.

On 6-9-2017 at 2:17 PM, Mogli said:

I am on Abilify and sometimes I just feel incredibly dumb at work. It's like certain firings that are supposed to be happening are not happening. Like a road block. It makes me feel like I couldn't/shouldn't get a higher paying job or higher level job even if I wanted to, because my poor mental function is 

Sounds familiar unfortunately

I don't have any automatic thoughts in my head. It's completely blank. Is that what your head is like?

You are all very lucky to be working. I am so disabled from the antipsychotics that I struggle to function daily. 

16 hours ago, Plshelp said:

I don't have any automatic thoughts in my head. It's completely blank. Is that what your head is like?

You are all very lucky to be working. I am so disabled from the antipsychotics that I struggle to function daily. 

It's not completely blank. It's / was a lack of thoughts. I feel a lot better now, I guess the serlain is, finally, kicking in. I know I'm lucky to be working. Are you disabled from the AP or from (having) a psychosis? Have you discussed with your p-doc?

On 10/7/2017 at 3:36 AM, Precarious said:

It's not completely blank. It's / was a lack of thoughts. I feel a lot better now, I guess the serlain is, finally, kicking in. I know I'm lucky to be working. Are you disabled from the AP or from (having) a psychosis? Have you discussed with your p-doc?

Just a lack of thoughts? I don't think I quite understand.

Disabled in so many ways from the antipsychotics. No psychosis. I was misdiagnosed as having psychosis, but I just had severe ptsd and had a psychotic break.

My pdoc isn't understanding me, I've been trying to tell him for the last 6 months that I think the antipsychotics have damaged my brain. He looks at me quizzically and shakes his head. Tells me to do CBT therapy and thinks that I'm just not back into the swing of things.

I was highly functional before the meds - I was working as a medical lab tech in a microbiology lab. Now I'm so disabled that I struggle to get thru the day, I have to force myself to eat, drink and go to the bathroom and I'm lucky if I can get myself into the shower. My circadian rhythm is totally screwed up and I experience an altered perception of time (1 day feels like a entire week). Plus so many more symptoms. 

Do you have any strange symptoms?

On 12-10-2017 at 8:29 AM, Plshelp said:

Just a lack of thoughts? I don't think I quite understand.

Disabled in so many ways from the antipsychotics. No psychosis. I was misdiagnosed as having psychosis, but I just had severe ptsd and had a psychotic break.

My pdoc isn't understanding me, I've been trying to tell him for the last 6 months that I think the antipsychotics have damaged my brain. He looks at me quizzically and shakes his head. Tells me to do CBT therapy and thinks that I'm just not back into the swing of things.

I was highly functional before the meds - I was working as a medical lab tech in a microbiology lab. Now I'm so disabled that I struggle to get thru the day, I have to force myself to eat, drink and go to the bathroom and I'm lucky if I can get myself into the shower. My circadian rhythm is totally screwed up and I experience an altered perception of time (1 day feels like a entire week). Plus so many more symptoms. 

Do you have any strange symptoms?

I'm feeling sorry for you. No I don't have any strange symptoms (anymore)