CrazyBoards.org

farshad040

Looking for a drug that blocks the most Serotonin receptors

At the moment the best one I know of is Risperidone that I know of that blocks most Serotonin receptors. Is risperidone the best one or is there a better one I dont know of? If you look at the Pharmacology of Risperdal you can see its an antagonist on many if not all serotonin receptors. Any help is appericated as I am new to this stuff myself so I dont know 100% about these stuff. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risperidone

1 minute ago, Iceberg said:

Why are u looking for this?

I knew someone was gonna ask ..

here are a few reasons

http://www.uu.se/en/media/news/article/?id=4918

https://selfhacked.com/blog/5-ht2c/

I have done tons of research on Serotonin and I have came to the conclusion that its bad  especially in high amounts in the brain.

You can think what you want but this is just my opinion. Just looking for a drug that can block the most serotonin in the brain. 

Don't Benzos block serotonin?  They're usually used to treat Serotonin Syndrome if I'm not mistaken.

But I don't if this is a good idea OP.

I don't think it's about one chemical or another, but finding the right balance.  Serotonin makes us feel content, don't know why you'd think it's so bad.

1 hour ago, BrianOCD said:

Don't Benzos block serotonin?  They're usually used to treat Serotonin Syndrome if I'm not mistaken.

But I don't if this is a good idea OP.

I don't think it's about one chemical or another, but finding the right balance.  Serotonin makes us feel content, don't know why you'd think it's so bad.

yes benzo do reduce serotonin.

But I need something I can take everyday without tolerance and that makes more sense to take. Which is risperdal.

Are you having anxiety issues Farshad or depression?

I agree too much serotonin can make ocd and anxiety worse.  It's about finding a balance, I don't think shutting down serotonin is a good idea though, it's needed for a lot of different processes.

Edited by BrianOCD

39 minutes ago, BrianOCD said:

Are you having anxiety issues Farshad or depression?

I agree too much serotonin can make ocd and anxiety worse.  It's about finding a balance, I don't think shutting down serotonin is a good idea though, it's needed for a lot of different processes.

Yes very. I have done a lot of reading and I belive I have some sort of mutation which my brain creates too much serotonin and it makes other parts of my brain run overtime . Like the amygdala, the 5ht2c receptor.. etc I belive this is the worst type of anxiety you can get. I honestly would rather have too much dopamine then serotonin. Yes I have very bad social anxiety its on another level then everyone else. My OCD is very bad too . The only thing serotonin is good for is to keep everything else balanced in the brain . But when your serotonin is soo much your other neurontransmitters go down . I only belive a tiny bit of serotonin is enough . Im my opinion it should my a lot lower than every other neurontransmitter.  Well anyway anyone have any opinion on a med that blocks serotonin better than risperdal ? I see you tried zyprexa in the past it also blocks quite a few serotonin receptors.

Edited by farshad040

There are no drugs that block all the serotonin receptors.

The other posters are just trying to figure out why you think you have too much serotonin and to make sure you are under the care of a psychiatrist. It is all relevant to the topic because without context it seems like you are operating on a crackpot theory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, farshad040 said:

I already told them. And if I dont wanna reveal any more info thats my choice. I didnt say all receptors I said the most.

Yeah, you're right. You don't have to disclose any more info. But then people don't have to answer you either. People will just assume that you are hiding a crackpot theory rather than a theory that has been born out by peer reviewed research.

2 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Yeah, you're right. You don't have to disclose any more info. But then people don't have to answer you either. People will just assume that you are hiding a crackpot theory rather than a theory that has been born out by peer reviewed research.

then remove your comment and all the other ones before that were off topic.

Edited by farshad040

We do not delete comments on CB. And you do NOT tell us what to do. And you do not get to control what types of responses you get.

7 hours ago, farshad040 said:

then remove your comment and all the other ones before that were off topic.

Hahahaha. You're kidding, right?

This is the second board farshad has posted this inquiry on.  He's sold on his theory that his brain produces too much serotonin which is making his amygdala overactive.  I think he has a tenuous grip on reality and is stubborn to boot.

Farshad, some of the sources you posted in another thread to support your theory actually contradicted your theory, so how good is your research, really? And you can't just decide that you have an overload of serotonin, and then create your own treatment. Just as we cannot treat you, you can't treat yourself. You have a mental illness, how good is your judgment when you're symptomatic? If you want to suppress serotonin, which is an insane idea, go discuss your "research" with your pdoc. Hopefully you trust her or him, and will listen to them.

I honestly would rather have too much dopamine then serotonin.

You do realize antipsychotics, such as risperdal lower dopamine, right? Too much dopamine results in psychosis. Too little results in Parkinsons and such, hence the EPS side effects, and success in the past with L-dopa in some neurological disorders. (Oliver Sacks)

I'm actually fairly certain I'm living with little to no serotonin now as I'm in some withdrawals from Effexor.  Whenever I drink caffeine I get this weird uncomfortable, dysphoric feeling that sucks.

Anyways, Serotonin is that love hormone, makes you feel warm and fuzzy after doing things or interacting with people.

You definitely don't want to get rid of it...reducing it or smoothing it out, many APs can do that.