CrazyBoards.org

Alien Navel Cord

Moving - a Trigger for me - It's happening again

Every time I move I go mixed and completely check-out. I get distracted and can't help with packing or lifting... I get irritable, angry, and sad but also my thoughts race and I get distracted and can't focus at all, on anything. Everyone is against me, and I feel threatened. Sometimes I get scared and paranoid.

Well, we're moving. And the pdoc gave me a higher dose of Abilify to preemptively keep this from happening. But it's starting to happen and instead of taking the full 10mg pills (60 of them per bottle) my GF is having me take 7.5 and a quarter. Which is.. what even is that? 

I just feel weird. I feel excited but scared, happy but sad, and tis the season for anxiety fa la la la la, la la la la

I just had to rant. Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Like 1

No matter what, moving is stressful. I don't have any good tips to pass along. Hope someone else does. Everyone is different, I know- Abilify caused me to have mixed, angry episodes and I don't take it now. What I can't stand is doing pretty well and then WHAM, I'm more depressed, more paranoid. Like today. Been pushing my way through work each day but this morning felt I couldn't. I forgot to send in my car insurance pymt and am fairly convinced I'll get in an accident now, so anxiety hit the roof and at home I sit. I've sent the pymt but until I know it's received I'm worried. Had a bad car accident last year (not at fault) which amps up the driving thing in the first place. Wasn't trying to hijack your post.

Anyway, hope the packing/moving thing gets easier. I helped one of my adult kids pack last weekend. Easier when it isn't for yourself. :)

• Like 1

I'm dealing with the exact same thing right now. I'm getting ready to move and was realizing that basically every time I've moved in the past I've had some sort of episode - depressed,  manic, mixed. I'm moving across the state by my choice, to a city I wanted to move to, for a job I want, and I'm terrified.  First I was anxious about not being able to find a place to live before my start date and now that I signed a lease I'm scared because it's all too real and happening too fast. So I totally know what you mean about the jittery, happy, sad, excited, scared thing. I don't really have any advice because I haven't figured out for myself how to handle it, but I understand what you're going for.

15 hours ago, AyYiYikes said:

Everyone is different, I know- Abilify caused me to have mixed, angry episodes and I don't take it now. What I can't stand is doing pretty well and then WHAM, I'm more depressed, more paranoid. 

I'm starting to think Ability is doing this to me too! (@AyYiYikes have you written more about this elsewhere?)

Regarding moving, I've moved 6 times in the past couple years... what helps me is telling myself I'm not allowed to make any decisions about getting rid of things while I'm actually in the process of moving. I try to go through things beforehand and then I tell myself there is always time later. If I think too hard about what I'm actually moving and what it says about me and my life and how depressing... yeah it gets bad quick. That's my only advice. Even if you get the urge to throw stuff out while you're moving just resist.

Well that part is up to my gf actually. She's getting a box together of things we no longer want/need and we're going to figure out how to do a yard sale at the apartments here. I just spazz out at the actual move part mostly, but it starts gearing up right about now. 

October! Ahhh!

Strange, I used to LOVE to move, it was always an adventure for me. Learning the new layouts of cities, getting a fresh start in a "new" home, etc. Probably bordered on manic most of the time. 

This time, however, is different. I've been living in a small town for the past 15 years, the thought of moving a few years ago sent me into a severe depressed spiral. Thankfully things turned out that we're not moving, at least not yet.

all I can offer for moving is, lists lists lists lists lists. Even manicky, it kept me sorta sane. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:59 AM, Alien Navel Cord said:

Every time I move I go mixed and completely check-out. I get distracted and can't help with packing or lifting... I get irritable, angry, and sad but also my thoughts race and I get distracted and can't focus at all, on anything. Everyone is against me, and I feel threatened. Sometimes I get scared and paranoid.

Well, we're moving. And the pdoc gave me a higher dose of Abilify to preemptively keep this from happening. But it's starting to happen and instead of taking the full 10mg pills (60 of them per bottle) my GF is having me take 7.5 and a quarter. Which is.. what even is that? 

I just feel weird. I feel excited but scared, happy but sad, and tis the season for anxiety fa la la la la, la la la la

I just had to rant. Hope everyone else is doing well!

I just went through this. Moved, then two weeks later had a complete mixed episode and broke down. You're not alone,

46 minutes ago, Artsygirlms said:

I just went through this. Moved, then two weeks later had a complete mixed episode and broke down. You're not alone,

thanks, sometimes I feel like I am. :(

12 hours ago, Mogli said:

I'm starting to think Ability is doing this to me too! (@AyYiYikes have you written more about this elsewhere?)

@Mogli, nope I don't think I did write much about Abilify (other than my regular ranting, maybe). 

13 hours ago, AyYiYikes said:

@Mogli, nope I don't think I did write much about Abilify (other than my regular ranting, maybe). 

@AyYiYikes, I'd love to hear more if you care to rant more... I know there are some other threads about Abilify but I haven't heard much about mixed states. I wonder if the akathisia causes this and if it gets better with time... or maybe if I'm starting to have these experiences, it means my system is rejecting it. How long were you on it? Did you feel violent/suicidal, or just more vaguely angry? 

Guess for me, it's sorting and packing that immbilizes me. When my house got flooded and water reclamation crew came in and packed up all my stuff quickly and put it into a storage pod, it wasn't so bad. If I move again and could afford it, I'd pay someone to pack for me if I could. Can someone do that for you in exchange for something else, maybe, or would that even be helpful?  I hate moving. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mogli said:

@AyYiYikes, I'd love to hear more if you care to rant more... I know there are some other threads about Abilify but I haven't heard much about mixed states. I wonder if the akathisia causes this and if it gets better with time... or maybe if I'm starting to have these experiences, it means my system is rejecting it. How long were you on it? Did you feel violent/suicidal, or just more vaguely angry? 

Super agitated and angry, and depressed. Not suicidal. No akisthesia (which I had with Wellbutrin a couple yrs ago). Only took it about 3 weeks. I was the same from (Zoloft) AD. @Alien Navel Cord has had good results. Talk w/your pdoc if you have concerns. Wish it worked for me. 

How's your move going @Alien Navel Cord? I've been alternating between excited and super anxious with mine, but no major mood issues yet. I move into my new place this weekend, and time will tell how things go once I'm there. When do you actually move?

8 hours ago, thunder said:

How's your move going @Alien Navel Cord? I've been alternating between excited and super anxious with mine, but no major mood issues yet. I move into my new place this weekend, and time will tell how things go once I'm there. When do you actually move?

Ugh it isn't going as planned. We're moving out of state and the apartments we applied to denied us because our proof of income is from THIS state and they want it from their state. So now I have to try and 'reason' with them, and I want my money back because they never mentioned this when I disclosed that we were coming from this state. Ugh. 

I found a great place, but my gf didn't think it was so great so she had a frenzy meltdown and now I have to make about 20 phone calls today trying to find us a place. So we don' tknow when, but I'd like to do it before the 1st of Nov.

Thanks for asking, hope you're doing well !!

I had to take extra valium today. We found ONE place that will take bank statements instead of AZ employment paystubs. But they only have ONE unit left, and there's already other people applying to it. So please send us some good vibes real quick!! I'd appreciate it! My nerves are shot. I'm so ready to wither.

Good vibes coming your way ~...~

seriously, you have to show proof of income for a rental? Wow, that almost sounds as difficult as  applying for a home loan! Good luck, god that's frustrating. 

Sorry things aren't going well with the move. Finding a place when you're not local always sucks. When I've moved out of state places have been willing to take a job offer letter instead of proof of income. Is that an option for you and your gf? Hope something works out.