CrazyBoards.org

dancesintherain

botox for migraine treatment?

I didn't have any luck with it. But an old member who doesn't come around anymore, but who I know on Facebook, says it is making a big difference for her. I know other people who it works for, but I know other people who it doesn't work for. You're just going to have to give it a try. It's not too awful, just some mildly stinging injections.

I am currently receiving botox treatments for migraine headaches. I have been through 2 series and am due for a 3rd. I found much success after the 1st series going 4 weeks migraine free.  After the 2nd series, the migraine frequency was more noticeable in the 1st and 2nd week. I switched doctors and have gone longer between sessions but since the 2nd week, i have been migraine free until this last week and I am due to get next series in 1 week. I believe that the botox is successful for me but not everyone has the same reaction to treatments. I am not migraine free 100%, but 1-2 weeks out of 6-8 is well worth it to me. I hope this helps anyone who is considering botox treatment. 

aandrews73, I think that's the only way to approach treatments like this: Does it help at all? Then it's better than nothing.

I totally agree! Got my 3rd series. It's been 11 days and I only got 3 initial headaches immediately following the procedure but have been free from any since. Fingers are crossed that they stay at bay until my next appointment. Based on the history of my past sessions and migraines between, we are now following up in 4 months vs 6 which may be a better solution. I am very hopeful.