CrazyBoards.org

So, I am not 100% better.. I still have some weird side effects, but I am no longer taking Cymbalta! I have been wanting to come off this drug for awhile now , I tried once, failed. Then another time, Nope. And 3rd time , well I guess this was the charm. Let me tell you... the withdrawal , terrible. My pdoc increased the Seroquel to level it out..and it was ok for a few days then all of sudden bam... it began. I sweated, it wasn't even like sweating it was a damp cold clammy sweat when after you get sick or have the shits. My moods were terrible. The crying spells, I had to be watched. I was very Manic Depressive. I was sick to my stomach, vomiting etc. I couldn't sleep, I stayed up until 4am and had sleep paralysis. I honestly wanted to give in and go back on it, just so I could not have these side effects. I pushed thru it. It took me about 2 weeks of hell and now it's tolerable, I am starting to feel better where I can actually drive again with out getting sick. 

I am getting a little worried tho..because now that I am no longer on any SSRI, or SRNI.. I am starting to feel a lil wound up and agitated. Very hyper too. Hoping this will pass. 

Anyway just wanted to express that I made it (so far), even tho I wanted to go to in-patient and my t doc wanted me to go to, I didn't. I fought thru this. 

If any of you came off this drug , how long did it take you to sort of feel balanced again and get off that rocky boat. 

Edited by KnickNak

Congratulations! I'm glad you made it this time.

I was ripped off Cymbalta cold turkey when I went inpatient. I was so messed then that I didn't feel any withdrawal effects or anything. I was put back on citalopram and Tegretol. The first two or three days are a complete blur to me due to my illness and life circumstances at that time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Congratulations! I'm glad you made it this time.

I was ripped off Cymbalta cold turkey when I went inpatient. I was so messed then that I didn't feel any withdrawal effects or anything. I was put back on citalopram and Tegretol. The first two or three days are a complete blur to me due to my illness and life circumstances at that time.

Thank you!

Wow, sounds rough :( . I am glad you are better now. Usually I would have been put on another AD during the transition, but I really wanna try this time with none.

@KnickNak wow. Congrats! Cymbalta had the worst withdrawal for me too. I was on it years ago, for only about 2 years total, but it sucked. I had to count the individual beads in order to taper off (in hindsight, I would've asked for Prozac to taper off it).

Why are you going off? Is it because you want to try something else or just have a break? I think the feeling crappy part will depend on how long you've been on the med and at what dose. For me, the physical withdrawal (sweats, upset stomach, brain zaps) was more intense in the beginning, and then the emotional withdrawal took a bit longer to subside.