CrazyBoards.org

Anyone else with bipolar bad with money? I don't mean manic spending sprees. I'm talking on meds, not manic? It's tough to budget and keep everything on track. I've only been diagnosed and on meds a few months. The spending sprees are over (hopefully for good). But simple things like paying rent and bills still have me scrambling at the last minute, robbing Peter to pay Paul. I have to get it together. Maybe it's just me, after a lifetime of stupid money habits. The thing is, now it really stresses me. I earn enough to pay for the basics and not much else. Something simple like meager spending at the grocery store sends everything crashing and not enough money. So stressful. 

I feel you! I am horrible with money. :( I could make a million dollars and still screw things up. The bad thing is I can get determined and do really well for about two months and then all of a sudden I just don't care anymore. 

• Like 1

Do you get psychiatrice services from a local mental provider?  If so, they often provided financial help-organizing your money, budgeting, etc.

• Like 1

Yes. Even when not symptomatic I have problems with money, and so my wife takes over my paychecks into her bank account, and gives me her card to use on specific things and she said she'd report me if I ever bought anything that wasn't specified I could buy. it's really helped a lot.

• Like 1