surreal

24/7 Depersonalization/Derealization

3 posts in this topic

I developed Depersonalization/Derealization after consuming a marijuana edible and proceeding to have a HUGE freakout that landed me in the hospital. This was in March of 2016 and I still feel out of it, dizzy, spaced out 24/7.

Any way, just looking for others who have this and can relate. I feel like I'm at my wit's end with all of this. I feel like this is going to be the death of me.

1 person likes this

Oh wow I have done this. An acquaintance of mine went to Colorado last fall and brought back chocolate chip cookies. I went out of my mind. Or I left a piece of my mind wherever it was that I went... and I haven't felt the same since. It definitely was not good for me (but at moments felt good) and sparked psychosis on occasion. But I just isolated and didn't tell anyone. After that, on and off I smoked and felt like I was able to access fuller parts of myself but then when I come down it's all lost. I still don't know how to wrap my mind around it. Maybe there are some books about this? Has to be, especially since it's becoming legalized in places.

Please don't let it be the death of you! I have felt what seems to be to be the absolute height or depth of paranoia, where I think all is lost. It's awful. Anyway I feel you. 

What specifically was the nature of your freakout?