CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
wookie

I really only feel ok when I swallow a pile of Ativan

I had a panic attack on Wednesday with heart palpitations.  I began freaking again on thursday and getting very agitated.

Considering swallowing a bunch more ativan.  Just a chronic heavy feeling in my chest like I can't breath.  Called the psych who says I got to wait until February.  My job is a joke.  And I am not sure anything is wrong with me.

Have you taken a CBT class? They can be really helpful for panic and anxiety. I did it for anxiety, but there were people in my class with panic attacks.

If you are on the verge of panic attacks all the time, there is something wrong. 

If you are misusing ativan, make sure not to drink. 

• Like 1

I agree with crtclms and think that therapy might be useful to you. Ativan won't cure you, and you might develop a tolerance to it and then it won't work when you really need it.

I never take more than 3mg of Ativan, and only in cases where I am flipping balls.  Other times I take half the dose, or less.  I tried CBT while on no meds.  Not sure it worked for me and I felt like my thinking got worse.

I was having a real bad day the other day.  Sometimes Ativan feels like it is the only thing working at times.  Things are improving a bit though, and I haven't taken any ativan today.

Edited by wookie

I can sympathize, I feel the same way sometimes. I've been having panic attacks lately and my pdoc said I could take an extra valium if needed. It's escalating though so I may need to ask if I can go up in dosage. She only wrote a script for 30 but said I could take an extra one with panic so I did, so now I am out and I can't get them filled yet... so anxiety is knocking on my door...

Sometimes therapy does help some people with anxety and/or panic disorder... I personally didn't find any relief from it but as always, YMMV.

• Like 1

I take a .5 mg dose.  almost daily.  I am just having a hard time.  Zoloft is seriously doing nothing,  Just makes me tense and ragey.

Maybe CBT isn't the med for you. Maybe ACT would be a better approach. There are a lot of therapeutic modalities for anxiety that can reduce your dependence on benzos.

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Wait three at once or .5 every four hours? 

I take only .5mg once a day or every other day.  I have taken 3 mg but not at once, and usually if things are bad, at a 1mg every couple of hours.  That's rare though.

Doctor says I don't have big problems. He sees people who shoot heroine and take 20mg of ativan in a day.  This is why I am signing up for a new doctor.  I feel Like a raging bitch on zoloft.

Edited by wookie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Simone.
      Hello everyone! Where to begin...
      I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder with some avoidant traits. I have been struggling with depression and anxiety since elementary school (I am 22 now).
      Up til this point, I have been in and out of hospitals and treatment centers and passed around from therapist to therapist. I was heavily self- harming and abusing alcohol and other substances. A few months ago, I was sent to yet another center after a suicide attempt. 
      Let me tell you, it changed my life. I was introduced to DBT, which has truly saved me. I am finally on the correct medication which has seriously reduced, if not stopped, my horrid intrusive thoughts and paranoia. Before, I was to the point I could hardly get out of bed, and already had to drop out of college and leave my job. Now, I have rediscovered my love for art, I am waitressing (something I would have NEVER thought possible) and- best of all- my relationship with my fiance is SO much better and we are back to planning our wedding.
      I am back to seeing a therapist regularly, and she is awesome. I've finally confronted issues with my toxic mother and am opening up about traumatic childhood experiences as well as working through family therapy with my father (and my mother, when he can convince her to join). 
      The fact is, life is GOOD, I am somewhere I thought I would never be and I am incredibly grateful. I'm back here to recieve support now that I am more stable and moving forward into uncharted territory in my life. Thanks for being here and reading.
    • By DebK
      I bought a bottle of CBD water soluble solution to help with anxiety, but I think I suffer more with depression currently.  Any others out there trying just about anything for help?  I'm even considering getting a medical marijuana card and some marijuana for my depression and lack of motivation here in Florida.  The process isn't cheap though and I don't want to bother unless I can hear from some trusted folks that it can help.  I am first trying the CBD oil since it is legal  due to not containing any THC.  I would be interested in a discussion on these topics.  I am surprised these aren't already topics here.  I am at my wits end trying to find a fucking AD that works.
    • By Courty140
      I’ve been dealing with an episode of anxiety and depression since the beginning of January. Despite having had some similar episodes in the early 2000s, I was anxiety and depression free from 2008 until January. 
      I have increase my Paxil dose to 40mg (I was on 30mg for the last 10 years) and I’ve added Lamictal. Just gotten up to the 100 mg range 3 days ago, so hopefully I will balance out soon!
      In my quest to feel better and get my life back on track, I started researching additional options and came across TMS. I had a consultation and managed to convince my insurance to cover 36 visits (yay!). I had my first visit to get set up on March 5th and then went on vacation. I felt quite a bit better throughout March so I decided to delay starting TMS. Unfortunately the anxiety and depression has returned. 
      I start TMS on Monday. They only had one appointment for me next week, though they said they’ll probably get some cancellations, but I’d love to hear from anyone who’s done this and who can share their experience. I’m not afraid of the treatment, just that it won’t help. Did you go 5 days a week?  My doctor says between 2 and 3 days a week will have the same effect. I’ve read some stories on here, but they’re all a couple years old, so I’m hoping for some more recent accounts. Thank you in advance!!
    • By Courty140
      In January of this year I woke up with a panic attack completely out of the blue.  Despite several episodes of anxiety and depression in my 20s, my last episode was back in 2008!  At that time I went through a year or so of therapy, committed to staying on 30mg of Paxil, and I never looked back.  I honestly would have said I was cured!  The panic attack led to a period of anxiety that lasted right through February.  I upped the Paxil to 40mg and worked with a psychiatrist who suggested adding Lamictal.  We started at 25mg for 2 weeks, 50mg for 2 weeks, and then 75mg.  I started noticing a positive difference at about a week on 75mg.  A few days later, the anxiety and depression just lifted!  It was like I had my life back.  For nearly a month I felt great, and believed the Lamictal must have made the difference.  Unfortunately, it didn't last.  
      About a week ago something minor triggered anxiety in me, and again it has lasted!  My psychiatrist recommended going up to 100mg of Lamictal, so I started that two days ago.  My question is, does lamictal work and then wear off if it's not at the right level?  Has anyone had success with an SSRI and lamictal for anxiety and depression, not related to bipolar disorder?  Can anyone offer advice on how to keep the faith with these medication changes, or how to overcome anxiety?  Looking for others who get it, and want to help!
    • By Rabidtears
      I hope this is the right thread for this.
      Today we took our kids to an Easter Egg drop. There were sooooooo many people there. We had 5 of our 7 kids with us ranging in ages of 4 year old twins, 10 year old, and two 13 year olds. When the "hunt" started, one of my toddlers disappeared into the crowd. We knew a lot of the people at this church so at first I didn't worry because I knew he would reappear as people moved. 
      When he did not, I started to worry. After several minutes I was bawling and trying really hard not to freak out. In one of those moments my perception of everything around me changed. It was....wavy? vagely blurry? It was different. I felt foggy. I don't really know how to better explain it, but nothing felt real (and still does not). 
      We did eventually find him, he had wandered off to another age section of eggs.... <3 
      I have had this unrealism happen off and on since I was a teenager. It lasted much longer at a time then, but the first time I remember it happening I was around a lot of people then too. I'm categorizing this as a part of my anxiety flaring up. I just feel like I "cracked" if that makes sense. I feel like I am kind of on a precipice of sorts, but I am watching everything that happens from a distance, or through holes in a wall. I am confusing myself trying to explain this lol. 
      How do you cope with this?
      What does it usually mean for you?
      What generally causes it for you?