CrazyBoards.org

I drink around 1000ml of cheap vodka every day.  I start in the am, because of my horrible hangovers I have every morning.  Then, I drink all day...... after waking up with 5 shots in my morning coffee around 11 am.  Then, I just keep drinking through the day.  I'm usually pretty well plastered by one in the afternoon.  By nighttime, I'm usually so drunk I cannot walk normally. I usually pass out around midnight and start all over again the next day.

I used to work but am on disability now due to a back injury I suffered that greatly limits my mobility.  I am unable to do physical labor and have no education to speak of.  Although, when my mind is not clouded by vodka (which is never nowadays), I'm pretty bright I think.  The fact that I don't work kept me from having anything better to do..... so I just drink vodka all day, every day.  

I just don't know where to begin as far as doing anything different with my life. Also, if I try to work someday, I'll lose benefits....... but I'll be dead if I keep drinking like this.  And I want to get an education and work one day, I just don't know how.  I'm currently 41 years old..... and I feel like the clock is ticking.

I would advise you to get professional help for your drinking. You are drinking such an amount of alcohol that it would be dangerous (possibly fatal) for you to try to stop on your own. You need to be inpatient at a hospital or rehab center to come off that much alcohol. But the first step has to be reaching out to a professional.

I do wish you well and hope you can get clean and realize your dreams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jt07 said:

I would advise you to get professional help for your drinking. You are drinking such an amount of alcohol that it would be dangerous (possibly fatal) for you to try to stop on your own. You need to be inpatient at a hospital or rehab center to come off that much alcohol. But the first step has to be reaching out to a professional.

I do wish you well and hope you can get clean and realize your dreams.

I really need to talk to someone about this.  I agree.  I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and schedule an appointment about this.  This would be covered by Medicaid though right?  If not, that's seriously fucked and I don't know what I'd do.  Thank a lot for the info..... and I agree I'm not going to try and detox on my own. I was thinking about it, but it's an all around bad idea when I think about it.  Definitely going to see a professional.

Edited by DepressedDrunk