CrazyBoards.org

I have gotten into some bad arguments where I feel like I have explosive rage.

I have had rage attacks before.

Any tips on how to cope with one?  It is suspected my attacks are a sometimes related to my menstrual cycle.

I know this is what I always say, but you should talk to your pdoc.  S/he may be able to help with menstrual rage, depending on how bad it is. I don't know how to deal with rage attacks other than to get my meds adjusted, to be honest. 

• Like 1

Going through a med adjustment now. Fingers crossed.

Not happy with how angry I have been.

Edited by wookie

I understand. I'm going through personal stress right now, and angrily lashing out at whoever's closest. I think I'm going through menopause as well, so that's no help. 

Hope the med adjustments help. 

• Like 1

I would also see your GYN if it’s a cycle thing. I used to have premenstrual anger issues and saw a GYN who treated it hormonally and I’ve never felt better. That was a good outcome and ymmv, but if it’s hormonal, and your other meds aren’t helping, a GYN is my suggestion. 

Oh, I know about this.. This happened to me in August. It was bad.I bitched out a lady at a bakery over a donut. I was edgy. And just not me.

I came off my Cymbalta ... my pdoc thought it was that, I still had ragey bitch attacks, so she increased my Seroquel 100mg..It took about 3 weeks until I settled down.

Def talk to your pdoc! :) Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Unburdened
      I've read on here that people are experiencing anger when on Wellbutrin and after reading that I'm wondering if that is happening to me also. I had thought the anger was independent of the drug, but it's getting worse and now I'm concerned it's the drug. I'm on 150 mg. I'm also on Lamictal 200mg. Would increasing the Lamictal help with anger, or is there something else that would help, not of the SSRI variety. Obviously I'll talk to the Dr about this but at over $100 per appointment I can't seem him every week. I could put up with the anger, but it's turning into rages and I feel exhausted afterwards and I have a sore throat from screaming.
    • By Idekanymore
      I need help.im 15 and my birthday is in January.I have a medical Condition that effects my skin and it just cleared up and is getting so much better so I decided to go to a party with my aunt, my 3 cousins and Mum. My mum leaves early so I stay with my aunt and cousin. I had a great time it was my first party in like 2 years I felt like a normal teenager again. So that night everything was fine until the next morning. I decided that maybe I should stay there for one more night because we were still having fun and chilling but my mum didn’t like that. My mum is on medication for her emotions , you can never tell what she is going to do her emotions can switch in a second. Okay back to the story. So I try some of my cousins cream for my face because I don’t have mine and my mum said she wouldn’t bring it to me. My face went all red but I knew how to handle it but we still phoned my mum to ask her to bring up my cream that is medicated. So she brought it up to my aunts and just started shouting at me and wouldn’t stop going on and on at me. I almost felt like crying. As she was about to leave I told her I would phone her later but she told me not to bother and walked out.So when she went home my family was shocked at how angry she was. I let my frustrations out to my family and told them things about my Mum. (Just to let you know I am very depressed and go to a therapist but my Mum doesn’t like me to talk about her to my therapist so I don’t because she’s scary). Me and my cousin were watching a movie after being on our phones for a while so I sat my phone on charge and put it on silent so it wouldn’t disrupt us. The movie is a bout half way through and my mum phones my eldest cousins phone. She gets really mad and asks why I didn’t answer and I told her why but she sounded furious. After the phone call I check my phone and I only had two missed calls surely my mum can’t get mad at that and it’s not like I’m out somewhere dangerous I’m just with my cousins. I didn’t phone her back that night because she told me earlier when she visited not to phone her. Then I got a text saying what time she would pick me up at in the morning. Me and my cousins went to sleep but I kept my phone next to me so I would hear the alarm as I am a very heavy sleeper. So I got up the next day when my alarm went of and put my phone on charge while I got changed in a different room. After I got changed my aunt handed me the phone oh was my mum asking why I didn’t answer my phone so once again I tried to explain but she just got mad and hung up. I found this weird because my mum always moans that I never go out and I’m always in the house so I didn’t understand her paranoia of me being at my aunts. My mum shouted at me as soon as I got on the car. Once we got to the house she started screaming calling me a disappointment and many other hurtful things. I went to my room to get changed and cried a lot bit my mum made me sit in the living room with her. I was still a mess at this point. I couldn’t stop crying. She kept telling me to shut up and stop crying getting really angry. She stared saying things like you’ve embarrassed me and are a disappointment. It was very hurtful. I done nothing bad enough to get this treatment. I kept on saying I was sorry and I won’t do it again. She got angry and told me I’m not staying over at anyone’s again. She was acting like I was a criminal. She was saying things like if I want to act grown up then I can do everything for my self from not on and how she’s giving up on me. This really got to me I’m at the hospital a lot and I am also at therapy for depression and other things. She also kept on mentioning on how she’s my mother other things like that. I’ve tried to apologise loads but not once has she ever took my apologies into consideration. She honestly scares me so much. She always gets mad really easily and I’m always on edge. She has never physically abused me but mentally im almost dead. I’m now still crying and I am having really bad thoughts about how to let the pain out and that’s different to me because I’ve never thought this deeply about something like that before, I’ve never acctually wanted to do damage like this to myself before. I feel so ashamed. I really hate myself right now.What should I do? 
    • By Dumb
      I have issues surrounding psychosomatic pregnancy and have discovered that my PMS symptoms are different this month and have gradually changed since my anxiety returned. I used to get characteristically sore breasts but now I have hardly any symptoms before a period. I am 17 and have been getting my period for 4 years. Is it normal for my symptoms to change month to month?
    • By Bimbo Bear
      Today started off well enough with me relaxing and watching a documentary. Everything was just peachy until I got to work. The most minute things my manager did made me feel absolutely furious! I had to try keeping my mouth shut in order to keep myself from going off at her. She didn't even do anything major, she just wasn't grabbing the register and left it to the rest of us to do... and also wouldn't help us with making smoothies unless we asked her to... and a few other things-- okay, so she freaking sucks as a manager, that makes sense. But the degree of my anger was absolutely uncalled for. I found myself wanting to scream at her, burst into tears in the middle of my shift (even though I wasn't even that stressed), floor the gas pedal on the way home, and be pretty destructive overall. I did none of these things, thank god, but the feeling was still there.
      I heard people with bipolar disorder can be irritable, angry and aggressive sometimes as a symptom. Is this true?? This irritation and anger feels like it came out of nowhere. D:
    • By Lollipop4444
      Hi I have just joined here out of desperation. It's a long story but feeling as if I can't carry on at the moment. 
      I had severe post natal anxiety, insomnia and depression 10 days after giving birth 4 years ago.
      was put on mirtazapine 45mg which got me back to myself for a year. 
      I tried to go on contraceptive pills microgynon and loestrin both of which sent me spiralling back into the worst depression. 
      Stopped these and couldn't really get over the hormone problems so added venlafaxine 37.5mg to mirtazapine which worked great for a year. 
      Since December 2015 I have had to increase my venlafaxine 5 times so now I'm on the top dosage of both venlafaxine and mirtazapine.
      My relapses always happen 10 days before my period and I get so bad I can't even function and have suicidal thoughts so I have to increase my tablets. 
      I am 4 days in to my last increase and 5 days before my period and I just can't cope. My doctor has given me a prescription for a progesterone only mini pill, he has said to take this after my period so middle of next month when I'm feeling better but I am PETRIFIED that it will make me even worse and I can't increase my anti depressants. I honestly feel if this gets any worse I will have to hospitalise myself as I am so tired of fighting this awful thing and it never gets better. 
      I have cervical erosion since the birth of my daughter and had this frozen two months ago and since this my last two periods have been hell and I feel as if I'm having a breakdown. My GP says this procedure wouldn't have affected my hormone levels.
      I also take supplements Agnus castus, vitamin B6, magnesium, calcium, vitamin d, evening primrose oil, vitamin b complex food supplement and exercise when I am feeling well. 
      I just don't know what to do anymore should I take this contraceptive pill? If anyone has any experience or advice please please contact me I am desperate. 

Thank you