CrazyBoards.org

I'm currently on 60mgs of morphine a day, 10mgs flexaril, and 20 mgs of hydrocodone. My pain doctor and I are trying to reduce pain without going up on the hard stuff. I'm currently trying gabapentin (300mgs 3×a day) but I dont notice any difference. We're trying lyrica next. I'd love to hear experiences with Lyrica.

I can't really comment because I take Lyrica for a different reason.  I find I tolerate it quite well.  My body is physically more relaxed.  

This is a mental health site so don't be surprised there is no one here taking it for pain. It is actually an anticonvulsive, related to the benzo's, so it has properties that are useful in treating bipolar.

That isn't a super high gabapentin dose but I only know the dosing for mental health so I'm not helpful 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Unicorn
      I hadn’t been cutting for long before I was found out. My parents sent me to therapy hoping for a full recovery. I haven’t cut since the end of May -a little over for months ago- but I still fantasize about it everyday. I feel that since I’m not an active cutter I’m seen as being better but I’m not better. The urge is still there and life is harder now that I’m not doing essentially the only thing that remedied the pain. I wish I coined express this frustration to someone but I hate to disappoint. I burdened my parents and enough already and don’t want to hurt them anymore. How can I make the urge go away or get my parents to see that I haven’t fully recovered without hurting them? If you have any advice please lmk. Thanks. 
    • By wookie
      Hey I have essential tremor, depression, PTSD,  GAD and social phobia.
      Right now I removed buspar and and reduced my zoloft to 75mg.  I feel better as a result.  I still take a low dose of ativan.
      I think what bothers me the most is I shake.  I've heard Lyrica is used for essential tremor in some cases.  Anyone take Lyrica for essential tremor.  It was suggested to me as an anxiety med but the emergency doc at the time was worried it would make me too drowsy.
      My family doc might not want to prescribe it.  My psychiatrist is pretty uncreative and thinks I should just take ADs and benzos.  I am waiting on a second opinion in February 2018, plus a meeting with a neurologist in March.
    • By birdonawire
      Hi,
      The subject has probably been brought up before, but I'm new here so please indulge me. I have a couple nasty pain issues that crop up.  Unfortunately, I have a pain pill addiction that crops up as well. I  have a good friend of mine hold my pills for me, because if they're in the house I have a tendency to take them for the addiction portion of the show instead of the pain portion . 
       I'm tired of juggling, but I have no idea what else to do. I'm also trying to get depression and other mental health issues balanced as well. I just started taking Abilify on Friday and not feeling the results As of yet.
      any suggestions would be happily received, OK maybe not happily, but they would be appreciated.
      thanks
    • By crazyguy
      Hi all, I hope everyone is good.  
      It must be going on 9 months since I posted here but I feel nothing has changed.  I've been on Wellburtrin and Lyrica but despite working up the dosages I feel like it isn't working and was leaving me feeling drugged stupid and emotionally flat. So I have been tapering off but now I feel quite physically bad with, aches, pains and fatigue is back big time. Although I can think more clearly again being depressed all my thoughts are about negative stuff and death.   
      I've no idea where to go from here now.  Pdoc said increase Wellbutrin further and was on about adding in Lexapro but I've been down the ssri route before and they don't suit me. I have been reading up about alternative treatments like CBD oil, clinicial trials on drugs like Ketamine...  pretty keen to try anything I haven't already tried at this point. 
      Even stuff I used to manage when depressed, like going for a walk, has become incredibly hard this last month.  I barely leave the house. 

No idea why I'm posting this probably just desperate for some kind of communication with the outside world. 
    • By Blahblah
      What are your experiences with doctors who dismiss your chronic pain as being just "psychosomatic?"Especially when they know what meds you are on for depression/anxiety?  Just had a follow-up with a doctor I have been seeing for chronic pain. I have NEVER had any kind of chronic pain in my life - yet after an injury 1 year ago, this pain has not gone away despite many treatments, diagnostics.
      He said there is nothing he can do, the pain probably just "psychosomatic" and get this: he had the gall to ask if my pain (in my arm) was worse during "that time of month" !? Mysogyny at it's finest.
      This doctor is male...Should I file a complaint or write a message about how his comments were inappropriate or will this just flag me as that "difficult patient who may be a little obsessive" Have you experienced this?