CrazyBoards.org

Is it rational? Are you avoiding things because of fear? do you push yourself? How?

I'm afraid of doing my portfolio and get out to the "real world", but I'm realizing that being afraid is not an option anymore . . 

I'm most afraid that my mental health will continue to deteriorate as i get older, until someday I cannot function, work, or ever find any happiness, pleasure, motivation, social connection or any meaning in my life. I'm afraid I will be trapped and dependent on my spouse becoming a burden to him....and eventually, after years of "going through the motions" and trying a lifetime of treatments & medications, depression will be the death of me.

Edited by Blahblah

Heights, tight spaces. Deathly illnesses, some people having long coughing fits (don't know where that came from) Vomit and everything assiociated with it. Death, dying alone, losing people I care about, friends hating me, bullying restarting. Failing. My life is just one big shitshow of supressing fears.

My anxiety revolves around my health, mental health...so it's hard to escape it...

Edited by BrianOCD

3 hours ago, BrianOCD said:

My anxiety revolves around my health, mental health...so it's hard to escape it...

How do you deal with health problems? I mean what do you say to yourself to calm down, and not spiraling? My health is also a major trigger for my depression and anxiety . . it's taking its toll 

Edited by grab your bag

16 hours ago, grab your bag said:

How do you deal with health problems? I mean what do you say to yourself to calm down, and not spiraling? My health is also a major trigger for my depression and anxiety . . it's taking its toll 

Well I don't always catch it, sometimes I actually believe it...not realizing it's my anxiety again.

"This time it's something serious"

Usually I try to look back on the times I convinced myself in the past and say to myself "I've never been right about any of these...."  Or I'll realize it's just my anxiety acting up again.

I've been trying to work in therapy to see if we can remove that core fear.  I feel like many people with panic disorder have this anxiety.