CrazyBoards.org

Wonderful.Cheese

I missed my therapy appointment and...

So I forgot my therapy appointment today. I'm pissed at myself. I *needed* to be seen. I really did. I am going through a lot and I see pdoc tomorrow. I'm dumb and forgetful, and did I mention forgetful lately? It's gotta be the meds. I want off. 

Anyway, I'm also a bit mad at my tdoc for not even calling during our slotted time to check on me. She knows I'm having issues. Wtf? 

Am I justified or not? It was my poor over medicated brain's fault for missing the appointment. But still. My old tdoc even called when I missed. Hmmmm

Have you asked your tdoc to call and check on your if you miss an appointment? Perhaps you should?

Whenever I miss I tend to get a call asking if something is up. I don’t know if that’s standard though, or just my therapist.

Have you rescheduled? 

Edited by saintalto

Most of the docs I have had haven't called me to check on me. But they still send a bill for the missed appointment.

the last pdoc's assistant would call me to reschedule. My current pdoc always calls and leaves a message checking on me. If I answer the phone he does a full 15 minute session over the phone.

I would expect a therapist to contact you at some point after a missed appointment, but whether they call during the originally scheduled time or later that day (or even the next day) seems to vary. I would definitely discuss with her what your expectations/desires are regarding contact should you miss future appointments. 

I’d expect a call. 

My current tdoc (who has been so for most of 10 years), I would seriously doubt would call me, unless he absolutely knew I was in the midst of a crisis. But can't say for sure, I've had to cancel appts occasionally, but always had a valid excuse that I would leave on his voice mail. 

Pdoc neither. I did cancel an appt a couple of years ago, told the receptionist (who knows me well) that I couldn't handle driving, just couldn't handle anything. She was sympathetic, but just told me to reschedule when I was feeling better. 

I dunno, they both play by the books. I've come to live with it. 

Well no call today but I did reschedule due to being in the clinic (had a pdoc appointment). You guys are right I do need to discuss this with her. I guess I was just so used to getting a call from old tdocs if I missed that I expected the same from my new ish tdoc. I don't see her for almost another 2 weeks because she was booked that far out. Darn. Pdoc must consider me in crisis because she wanted to see me again ASAP which was 2.5 weeks (her next available slot). She is very worried because of how "manic I am." I don't think it's a huge deal. Anyway, pdoc emailed tdoc and my case manager. Maybe now I'll get a call.

I’m glad to hear things are getting taken care of, but 2 weeks seems an awful long time if they are worried. It sucks you can’t get in sooner.