CrazyBoards.org

So most of you probably dont remember me but I made a post a few months back about high serotonin here 

and I got a  lot of backlash for it.. everyone was saying I was craazy... no such thing as high serotonin.... but no they were wrong I have the last laugh.

I did a genetic test on multipel sites and I have a rare genetic mutation which makes me have an less active serotonin transporter and sensetive serotonin receptors.

IE this means I will have more active serotonin in my brain/synapses and the sensitive serotonin receptor means that serotonin will always have an bigger effect on me because they dont get also disentizised. So if you have a lot of serotonin in the synaptic cleft (where serotonin is active and binds to serotonin receptors) it will make them be activated a lot more and plus me also having sensetive serotonin receptors so the effect doubles... 

There are serotonin receptors all over your brain but most importantly the Amygdala and other fear regions. So if you have too much serotonin you will have too much serotonin receptor activity which will lead to an overActive amygdala and the person will of course have more fear/anxiety.

So SLOW serotonin transporter(me) = more serotonin and more prone to stress no matter what

normal serotonin transpoter = prone to stress but not as much (this is the average person in the world)

fast serotonin transporter= can handle stress very well 

So if my SERT is slow then I have to speed it up right... SO I did some digging and found this

https://area1255.blogspot.se/2017/12/natural-herbal-sert-serotonin.html

HERBS that activate and increase SERT expression.... very few things increase SERT im not even sure if there is any drug out there that does it so I got lucky that there are herbs that have been studied for its effects that has this effect.

So now I order bacopa, berberine and forskolin to try and increase my SERT. so this will decrease serotonin and make  it  less active in the brain and synapses and lead to less serotonin receptor activity and calm my amygdala down............. and everything else..

the serotonin transporter is the biggest thing when it comes to how much prone you are to anxiety.

So I have to speed my SERT but I also have to somehow block my serotonin receptors if I feel like it still doesent work  (because remeber I have sensitive serotonin receptors that dont get disentisized ) and which I have came to the conclusion I will try an anti-pshyotic like zyprexa because they block a lot of serotonin receptors. But im not sure how much the sensitive receptors can affect a person if its a big deal .... so I guess I will try the sert Activators and find out if I still have anxiety..

So yeah everyone was saying I was wrong and I was crazy........... Because you cant compherhend it doesent mean im stupid or crazy. it felt  like telling religious people god doesent exist they refuse to believe it no matter how many facts you show.

thank you for reading.

Edited by farshad040

What exactly does it mean that your SERT is slow?

Where did you have this test? Was it at a hospital? Did you actually speak to a doctor face-to-face? This sounds a lot like quackery to me.

13 minutes ago, jt07 said:

What exactly does it mean that your SERT is slow?

Where did you have this test? Was it at a hospital? Did you actually speak to a doctor face-to-face? This sounds a lot like quackery to me.

you can use 23andme and download your data and you can upload the data to different sites and these sites can use the data from 23andme and look trough it and find different genetic mutations  you have. 

Slow SERT(serotonin transporter) means I have more serotonin activity in my brain. This means my serotonin receptors which control my mood are overactive  and lead to anxiety issues. Normal  SERT means you dont have too much  serotonin and your serotonin receptors are normal not too much activity or too little.

here is a good picture

ssridiagram.jpeg

Slow Serotonin reuptake port (serotonin transporter) means there will be more serotonin in the synapse and the serotonin there will activate the serotonin receptors more frequently. but normal or fast SERT means it will remove the serotonin from the synapse quicker to be used later on or  broken down by the MAO-A  .So there    wont be too much serotonin receptor activity. There are serotonin receptors all over the amygdala and if your  SERT is slow it  will lead to too much serotonin receptors being activated and this will lead to overactive amygdala and thus you are in a more anxiety state.  But if your SERT is fast it will not activate the serotonin receptors as much because the Serotonin transporter is removing the serotonin   from the synapse more frequently  to be used later or Broken down by the MAO-

So you sent a sample of your spit in a vial to 23andme, but you didn't read their fine-print disclaimer? Fine. Here's the first part of it, for our convenience and illumination. I have bolded the important bits:

*The 23andMe PGS test uses qualitative genotyping to detect clinically relevant variants in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva collected using an FDA-cleared collection device (Oragene·DX model OGD-500.001) for the purpose of reporting and interpreting genetic health risks and reporting carrier status. It is not intended to diagnose any disease. The relevance of each report may vary based on ethnicity. Each genetic health risk report describes if a person has variants associated with a higher risk of developing a disease, but does not describe a person's overall risk of developing the disease. These reports are not intended to tell you anything about your current state of health, or to be used to make medical decisions, including whether or not you should take a medication or how much of a medication you should take. Our carrier status reports can be used to determine carrier status, but cannot determine if you have two copies of any genetic variant. These carrier reports are not intended to tell you anything about your risk for developing a disease in the future or anything about the health of your fetus, or your newborn child's risk of developing a particular disease later in life.

In other words, nothing they provide allows you to interpret those findings in any meaningful way. That would require the assistance of a competent mental health professional, as we emphasized the last time you came to us with the cray-cray talk about shutting down all your serotonin, and yes, we do remember, and no, we aren't going to change our response.

Serotonin is required for brain function. No serotonin, brain no function. Equation: (Brain - serononin = *~bzzt~*).

Last laugh? Um.... no.

It's not even funny.

No wonder you are on vyvanse . Doesn't seem to be helping your intelligence.

Funny-Meme-about-Dumb-People-1.jpg 

Edited by farshad040

Aw, @farshad040, you shouldn't call yourself stupid. Those online genetic testers make a lot of people feel stupid after people learn that they are really peddling nothing at all.

I had an online blood test the other day. It was so easy, like magic. Turns out I have 5 little understood diseases and a rare genetic disorder that makes my lungs glow in the dark. Thanks internet. 

Saint, where on the computer did you put the blood sample? I got different results using the headphone jack than I did when I tried the USB port. Either way, I’m pretty sure I’m your father. 

So here's a funny question.

Have you tried therapy to hack your brain? There's a lot of helpful ways you can change your own brain chemistry without needing to rely on genetic information that has, as of this point in time, demonstrated NO RELIABLE connection with actual inhibitory and behavior responses.

Also, do you think it might be possible that if your SERT actually functions the way you think it does that your receptors would have downregulated in response?

The amygdala is one of MANY areas of the body (not just brain) affected by serotonin. Is your gut overactive? Are you aggro? Do you have Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's? How about OCD? These are some of the connections found between SERT disruption and human pathology.

Also, if you're really seriously into this, find a psychiatric geneticist who is actually practicing to talk you through your situation rather than relying on "I looked it up on the internet." I mean, if you're REALLY going to start putting things into your body based on your spit swab results, don't you think it's a reasonable idea to actually talk to an expert in person about it?

6 hours ago, Wooster said:

So here's a funny question.

Have you tried therapy to hack your brain? There's a lot of helpful ways you can change your own brain chemistry without needing to rely on genetic information that has, as of this point in time, demonstrated NO RELIABLE connection with actual inhibitory and behavior responses.

Also, do you think it might be possible that if your SERT actually functions the way you think it does that your receptors would have downregulated in response?

The amygdala is one of MANY areas of the body (not just brain) affected by serotonin. Is your gut overactive? Are you aggro? Do you have Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's? How about OCD? These are some of the connections found between SERT disruption and human pathology.

Also, if you're really seriously into this, find a psychiatric geneticist who is actually practicing to talk you through your situation rather than relying on "I looked it up on the internet." I mean, if you're REALLY going to start putting things into your body based on your spit swab results, don't you think it's a reasonable idea to actually talk to an expert in person about it?

No because my serotonin receptors are also Sensitive which it said too  . So serotonin always have a big effect on me it doesent get disentizied ..

So you can imagine how I feel.......... With the slow SERT and sensitive receptors....... Thats why Im unsure if these SERT activators will work because I will still have sensitive serotonin receptors.. Thats why I was thinking of taking an anti-pshyotic too they usually block many serotonin receptors like Zyprexa.. 

So Sert activators + an antiypshyotic

Edited by farshad040

So again...

it sounds like you are diving into the deep end beyond your knowledge base, and into areas of emerging sciece.

whats your plan to find someone who can appropriately consult with you about your unique situation?

eveb if you have found some herbs, there’s no telling how those may play with other conditions or meds in your body.

• Like 1

no am not. whats so hard to understand about senseitive serotonin receptors that dont get disentized? It cleary said that   on the  multipel sites I used and I believe that more than I believe someone like you who keeps repeating the same shit and dont know what to say.

Edited by farshad040

What's so hard to understand about the fact that you're using yourself as a chemistry experiment and are outside the depth of your competence and would do well to seek counsel from someone who actually knows this shit because they do it every day.

Just because something looks good on paper or in theory doesn't mean that's how it will work in your particular body system. 

What's the harm in talking to, oh I don't know, say someone who is actually an expert, as opposed to trying to convince a bunch of random wingnuts on the internet that your idea is a) sound and b) actually going to work without c) backing your shit up with peer reviewed scientific literature review and not a website who is trying to make money off of your DNA or a website that does not have the research to back up the theory?

That's sort of how we roll around here.

If that's not what you can hang with, there are many other places on the internet for you... or, you know, a Darwin award.

Shalom.

farshad -

It's not that we doubt that you came across sites in which you found information about sensitive serotonin receptors that don't get desensitized. Anything's possible. And we get that your hypothesis is that that is what is happening in your case. What we don't agree with is self-diagnosis in general.

Neither you nor anyone here is qualified - and nothing on the Internet can make us so - of determining the cause of your malady. At Crazyboards, we are steadfast in the resolve that the path to wellness requires both personal involvement in your treatment and the care of a professional mental health care provider. So far, you are only demonstrating the first half of that equation, and it's not working for you. The fact that you're headed in the wrong direction is obvious to everyone here, which is why you're not getting the support you want.

If you took your hypothesis and your internet evidence to a professional, and they explained to you that it wasn't a workable hypothesis, and why, would you call them "motherfuckin" idiots' also. even though they are experts in the field and you are not? Until you have found actual solid, peer-reviewed studies that demonstrate the scientific basis of your claims and any pharmacological approaches to treatment that may be professionally suggested, we're not going to entertain them here on an equal playing field with legitimate medical and pharmaceutical approaches to mental illness.

I give you props for looking outside the bag to try to figure out what's going on in your head, but either go talk to an psychiatrist about your ideas or come back after you've obtained a doctorate. For now, I'm closing this thread because the only thing you've been able to do beyond your initial assertion is insult those who've answered you.