CrazyBoards.org

Cetkat

Help - Research articles on using Dopa-Agonists for Treatment Resistant Depression

I know they're there, I've found them before - and for my MI, it works.  But I've gone from a high end Mayo Clinic Psych who naturally understood that, to a Resident --- and she can't seem to find any viable research showing that dopa-agonists work for treatment resistant depression... her exact words, it only works for Parkinsons (or other brain dxs).  (What other brain dxs???? A) For one..?)

B) I know she's wrong, and I found and have the studies on my old computer, but not with me.. and I no longer have access to my university study database either.

If anyone can send me copies of the research to give to her (Mirapex is mostly named), I would be deeply grateful!

Thanks!

P.S. I'm going to cross-post this into the MDD forum just in case that may turn up other results, so please leave up the duplicate long enough to get additional responses.  I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Edited by Cetkat

Edit: Removed duplicate post for clarity after topic merge.

Edited by Cetkat
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 4:30 PM, Gearhead said:

Merging identical topics.

Fine.. -_-  ;)

On a different note, I noticed the Etodolac mention in your sig, and I'm curious how it compares to rx level Naproxen for you? (One of those is roughly the equivalent of 2 1/2 OTC Naproxen pills)  Is there really a major difference in effectiveness, or is it more minor?

I'm wondering because the ER here pushes a similar med, Toradol, as if it were the equivalent of 1mg IV Dilaudid...and I'm wondering if the stronger NSAIDS really are significantly better (minus that obvious hype).  I have to refuse them because I won't take the risk of causing a MAOI-HTN event to be mysteriously untreatable.  But I do wonder how they actually perform...

7 hours ago, Cetkat said:

On a different note, I noticed the Etodolac mention in your sig, and I'm curious how it compares to rx level Naproxen for you? (One of those is roughly the equivalent of 2 1/2 OTC Naproxen pills)  Is there really a major difference in effectiveness, or is it more minor?

It’s been quite some time since we did the experiment, but at one point my rheumatologist took me off etodolac and tried naproxen instead. I have no memory of why. I do remember the outcome: Etodolac works, and naproxen doesn’t. At all. It was as if I weren’t taking anything.