CrazyBoards.org

I know there’s various threads but let’s just make one for the swdating meds and how

long they knock you it for

latuda 40 knocks me out but I think I sleep it off

seroquel400 ir I need min 8 hours but more like 10-11 to feel normal

what do you take and how

much sleep do you need??

12 hours ago, looking for answers said:

what do you take and how

much sleep do you need??

I take Trazodone 200mg, and Klonopin 2mg, about 30 minutes before bed......I usually get about 6-8 hours sleep with these.

When I wake up I'm a little bit foggy, but that's easily taken care of with a few cups of coffee.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

The most recent medicine that was sedating for me was Rexulti, oddly enough. It was both sedating and stimulating somehow. I was on 3 mg and I would take it at bedtime. I would get anywhere from 11-15 hours of sleep on it, usually somewhat fragmented sleep though. I usually only require 6-7 hours of sleep.

14 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

Ahh coffee doesn’t knock the fog off me ,buckets of it does not

You might be a CYP1A2 rapid metabolizer, which is responsible for caffeine metabolism. For the longest time, I always wondered why caffeine never affected me, and when I had the 23andme test done and analyzed the raw data myself and found out I was a CYP1A2 rapid metabolizer and that it was responsible for caffeine metabolism, it also explained that it caused caffeine to have less of an effect and could also lead me to consume slightly more caffeine than the average person. There are also other factors, like environmental factors and other genes that dictate how caffeine affects someone. Also, it's responsible for drug metabolism of some drugs.

Edited by mikl_pls
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

I had a genesight test wonder if it’s on there

It may or may not. They sometimes like to leave out some important stuff sometimes.

I need lots of sleep to function.  I always have. I really need about 12 hours and feel deprived if I have less than 10 hours. And that is when my mood is stable.

If I take my night time meds (valproate 1600mg Lamictal 150mg and Seroquel xr 800mg) too early in the night I start to feel tired a few hours later. However if I take my meds too late and I have to get up early I feel a bit dopey.

Also taking them too early I start to feel really hungry. It's all about getting the right balance I guess

6 hours ago, rowan77 said:

I need lots of sleep to function.  I always have. I really need about 12 hours and feel deprived if I have less than 10 hours. And that is when my mood is stable.

If I take my night time meds (valproate 1600mg Lamictal 150mg and Seroquel xr 800mg) too early in the night I start to feel tired a few hours later. However if I take my meds too late and I have to get up early I feel a bit dopey.

Also taking them too early I start to feel really hungry. It's all about getting the right balance I guess

is valproate sedating, lamictal was not for me, seroquel thats a big boy dose

9 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

The most recent medicine that was sedating for me was Rexulti, oddly enough. It was both sedating and stimulating somehow. I was on 3 mg and I would take it at bedtime. I would get anywhere from 11-15 hours of sleep on it, usually somewhat fragmented sleep though. I usually only require 6-7 hours of sleep.

You might be a CYP1A2 rapid metabolizer, which is responsible for caffeine metabolism. For the longest time, I always wondered why caffeine never affected me, and when I had the 23andme test done and analyzed the raw data myself and found out I was a CYP1A2 rapid metabolizer and that it was responsible for caffeine metabolism, it also explained that it caused caffeine to have less of an effect and could also lead me to consume slightly more caffeine than the average person. There are also other factors, like environmental factors and other genes that dictate how caffeine affects someone. Also, it's responsible for drug metabolism of some drugs.

i do have a variation to the CYP1A2

1 hour ago, looking for answers said:

i do have a variation to the CYP1A2

What does it say about it?

Even when I’m as well as well gets, I need at least nine hours of sleep. And I’ve noticed that there are prime hours between which I get the most restful sleep-about 2am to 10am. If I can get those I can manage, though not perform optimally.  And sleeping off my meds takes an absolute minimum of seven hours; eight is a LOT better. If I can’t get seven at least, I’m groggy and nauseated all day.

When I'm doing pretty well I need 9 hours...but when I get stressed or become more symptomatic, I begin to sleep more and I can't get out of bed. Or it takes me longer to fall asleep - then i am waking up later. I am very sensitive to sleep loss. even if I get 10 hours of OK (but not so restful) sleep, I am a mess the next day. If I sleep in to late, then it screws me up also because it takes that much longer to fall asleep.  

Sometimes if I am restless at bedtime I take a valium (like last night) I slept through the entire night, but I notice my mood is more down, and I feel very tired today. Sometimes taking sleep meds really screw me up.

I think im seeing a trend that these meds require us all to sleep alot longer than normal, and in some cases impede daily function. my family doesnt understand how im exhausted when i go to bed at 9 and get up at 530

• Like 1

22 hours ago, looking for answers said:

is valproate sedating, lamictal was not for me, seroquel thats a big boy dose

Yes valproate is sedating. Lamictal is not. I meant to say I take 100mg at night not 150mg. It is 150mg in the morning. I used to be much more sedated when I started the valproate first. Now I can be tired but can function. I was way more sedated at a lower dose of seroquel. My main problem with sleep is that I tend to be a night owl. Even if i take my meds early i stll could be wide awake for hours and might not sleep until 2 or 3am then not waken til 12pm or even later. I do try to get into a proper routine but its not easy

On 1/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, looking for answers said:

dies traxadone help ur depression 

No, not that I can tell......not at 200mg....

6 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

Have u taken anything else for sleep

In the past, I've tried many other things just for sleep (see my signature), but Trazodone plus Klonopin has been the most effective combo for me with the least side effects......

Edited by CrazyRedhead

41 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

In the past, I've tried many other things just for sleep (see my signature), but Trazodone plus Klonopin has been the most effective combo for me with the least side effects......

Does traZadone or seroquel have longer half life....

Looks like traZadone is 10-12 hours and seroquel 6 and I fee

seroquel for like 15