CrazyBoards.org

3 hours ago, looking for answers said:

Does traZadone or seroquel have longer half life....

Looks like traZadone is 10-12 hours and seroquel 6 and I fee

seroquel for like 15

Drowsiness is also a common side effect of Latuda.......And Latuda has a half-life of about 18 hours .

Maybe that could possibly be contributing to your sedation?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

5 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

Both before bed, can’t tolerate during day

Great was hopeful for latuda

I would suggest talking about it with your pdoc....Have you told your doc about the excessive sedation you're having?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Just now, looking for answers said:

No I got next Thursday I’m all whacked out

Can you call doc's office before your appt. and tell them about it?

6 mg Lunesta and 1.75 mg Klonopin, titrating from 2 mg to 1 mg over the next half year.

I seem to need 7-8 hours sleep. Given unlimited time I will sleep for 7-8 hours.

6 hours ago, notloki said:

6 mg Lunesta and 1.75 mg Klonopin, titrating from 2 mg to 1 mg over the next half year.

I seem to need 7-8 hours sleep. Given unlimited time I will sleep for 7-8 hours.

do u wake up tired from the lunesta

It rarely happens but If I am having trouble sleeping my pdoc prescribes temazepam 10-20mg. If that doesn't do the trick he prescribes flurazepam 15-30mg.

I cannot go long with disrupted sleep as I tend to become manic quite quickly so he takes it very seriously. I have taken clonazepam along with flurazepam which usually gets me sleeping when my mood is starting to elevate.

12 hours ago, looking for answers said:

do u wake up tired from the lunesta

Nope, it is gone by morning.

2 hours ago, rowan77 said:

I cannot go long with disrupted sleep as I tend to become manic quite quickly so he takes it very seriously. I have taken clonazepam along with flurazepam which usually gets me sleeping when my mood is starting to elevate.

1 hour ago, looking for answers said:

I’ve take flirazapem knocks u out

My pdoc refuses to prescribe flurazepam. She very much dislikes this medication for some reason. It's the only benzo (available in the US) I've not taken other than midazolam (which I don't think I'll be able to take in an outpatient setting). Actually, come to think of it, quazepam is available, suddenly, too, but for my insurance, it's tier IV and costs a fortune for generic... they treat it like it's a non-preferred brand-name medicine. I haven't taken it either, but until it comes down in price, I don't plan to try it. Besides, I'm pretty much benzo-resistant anyway. It's very hard to sedate me. :( 

24 minutes ago, mikl_pls said:

My pdoc refuses to prescribe flurazepam. She very much dislikes this medication for some reason. It's the only benzo (available in the US) I've not taken other than midazolam (which I don't think I'll be able to take in an outpatient setting). Actually, come to think of it, quazepam is available, suddenly, too, but for my insurance, it's tier IV and costs a fortune for generic... they treat it like it's a non-preferred brand-name medicine. I haven't taken it either, but until it comes down in price, I don't plan to try it. Besides, I'm pretty much benzo-resistant anyway. It's very hard to sedate me. :( 

I didn’t like it tbh didn’t feel

like a deep sleep and hungover as hell 

49 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

I didn’t like it tbh didn’t feel

like a deep sleep and hungover as hell 

I can definitely see why with as long of a half-life as it has...

When I wasn't taking the right meds for my sleep disorder, I slept between 20 and 22 hours a day and felt drugged upon waking. Hell.

Now I sleep between seven and twelve hours.

• Like 1

6-8 pre meds, felt like death/not rested.

+ bupropion, 4.5-5.5..still felt better than un-medicated..possibly due to stimulation at 300mg? 150 mg put me to sleep.

+ bupripion/gabapentin - 6-8, actually feels rested.

I don’t take anything specifically for sleep. Latuda makes me kinda groggy so I take it at night though. 

I sleep anywhere from 8-10 hours a day, usually around the 8 mark. When I was on seroquel it was more like 12 or more.