CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys,

I am tapering off lamotrigine at the moment. Down from 75 to 25 mg (though taking 37,5 every second day). Been at this dosage for a week and a half.

I am experiencing fatique, anxiety, akastheisia/internal restless (severe), depression (minor), nausea, headache and dizziness. 

I am also very stressed, which could create some of these symptoms as well.

does it sound like stress or withdrawal?

Which withdrawal symptoms did you experience? Any similar stories?

Edited by Cyclingsarah

Both. You have typical withdrawal symptoms, but of course, stress is involved also.

How long were you on the Lamictal and what dosage? Unfortunately, I don't think there is another med to help taper off lamictal (for example: with antidepressants, pdoc will often cross-taper you down with Prozac, so your withdrawal symptoms are less severe). Only thing you can do is try to limit stressful situations, be patient, taper as slow as possible (work closely with pdoc) get adequate rest, food, maybe some additional vitamins (C, B vitamins, Omega oils). Hope you feel better soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cyclingsarah
      Hey guys,
      I am tapering off lamotrigine at the moment. Down from 75 to 25 mg (though taking 37,5 every second day). Been at this dosage for a week and a half.
      I am experiencing fatique, anxiety, akastheisia/internal restless (severe), depression (minor), nausea, headache and dizziness. 
      I am also very stressed, which could create some of these symptoms as well.
      does it sound like stress or withdrawal?
      What withdrawal symptoms did you experience? Any similar experiences?
    • By misterL
      Hello - I've been on Lamictal (50 mg at night), Prozac (20 mgs in the morning) and on Klonopin (0.5 mg at night) for treating anxiety and depression. I've been on it for 4 years, and during the last 3 I got extreme fatigue and brain fog. It is now debilitating me - I could not go work. I will talk to my pdoc, however, I'm thinking to tapper of from Lamictal or Klonopin.
      I've read a lot of bad stuffs on the tappering of both and I'm now concerned; however, I can't keep the way I'm now.
      Is there someone at the same mix?
      Given the dosage and period I've been on it, what do you think I should tapper off?

thanks
    • By Blahblah
      I'll just preface this with info: I've tried about 30 different meds, many combos, including Cymbalta in the past (3 yrs, mixed results), It didn't greatly improve my depression, mainly made me numb, sweaty, nauseous, a bit restless/wired with sleep issues. The crazy withdrawals if I took a bit late were horrendous, so went off.
      Despite this, my pdoc really wants me to start Effexor (even though withdrawal is even worse). Can someone please reassure me that it worked well for you? My symptoms are: chronic, treatment-resistant depression (with some crying/mood lability), very intrusive negative ruminations, anhedonia). Is it really worth trying despite my unremarkable/mixed experience w/ Cymbalta, and fear about withdrawal syndrome? Also what were the negatives for you (i.e any weight gain, anxiety, restlessness, paranoia, insomnia?) Thanks all.
    • By Unburdened
      I'm currently on  200mg and gradually increasing. Is it best to take it at morning or night? I'm also on Zyban.