CrazyBoards.org

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Blahblah
      Since I've been on Effexor for 7 months, I've had zero emotional depressive symptoms (like the crying, sadness etc) negative ruminations have lessened, no anxiety whatsoever either...
      Issue is, I've become more & more lethargic. I sleep a full 10 hours per night and then I cannot get out of bed. I'm not really tired, I just literally cannot get myself to do anything. I am super content just laying in bed for hours. I read crap online for hours, I often take 2 hour naps in afternoon. It pains me to take a shower & go outside. I procrastinate on work/everything... I avoid doing things I need to do just so i can lay in bed! No interest, motivation, pleasure in anything. How can I light a "fire under my ass" again? The same issue happens with other meds that work for depression, but then they cause this!
      And no, my doc won't increase my Ritalin (which I have a tolerance to & it stopped working). She won't put me on any other stimulants which seem to be the only thing that help me in this state. Yes, I've tried Abilify add-on...not sure if I want to keep adding more meds or if there something better I can switch out in my situation?
      Seems my choice is to either be emotionally depressed or a complete apathetic sloth!!! Any ideas?

• By Blahblah
      I have been on Ritalin LA (20mg) for about 9 months, mainly as an add-on for depression/apathy. Pretty regular in taking it everyday. I've noticed within a month, it wasn't doing nearly as much (as far as increased motivation/energy/better mood), although my focus/concentration is still very good. Also, despite eating a similar diet (taking it on same schedule), it works really inconsistently, like somedays it does nothing at all....
      I just took a week-long break from it during vacation, and now that I've restarted, the effect is better again. Is this normal for everyone with stimulants? My doc doesn't want to increase my dose. Maybe I should just start taking my additional IR PRN everyday or take week-long breaks? I worry about tolerance...
      Is IR taken twice per day more effective? I worry that if I just switch to IR dosing, i will feel a bit of a "crash" in between, it won't be as smooth...Any thoughts??
    • By browri
      I'm currently taking Vyvanse, and I've heard that straight amphetamine-based stimulants like Adderall and Vyvanse can be stronger stimulants than the methylphenidate class like Ritalin, Concerta (Ritalin XR), and Focalin. I'm considering talking to my doctor about something more mild, and I'm looking at the methylphenidates as an option.
      What I know about Adderall and Vyvanse is that there are differences. Even if Vyvanse is just the dextro- enantiomer of the amphetamine molecule. What I also know is that dextroamphetamine (along with lisdexamfetamine) has more of an effect on dopamine than levoamphetamine which is found mixed with dextroamphetamine in Adderall, and levoamphetamine has more of an effect on norepinephrine.
      Are there similar differences between methylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate? Where one may effect a certain neurotransmitter more than the other would? I'm curious specifically about pharmacology differences and even the slightest differences in mechanism of action. Curious as to what anyone might have to say here.
    • By Blahblah
      Ritalin has been helping me quite a bit with focus/cognition and "staying power" to complete mental tasks....Unfortunately, sometimes, I feel like I get way too Hyperfocused on 1 thing that is not important and I cannot switch my attention back to the important task/tasks that I need to do!!
      For example: i have a writing assignment due at work tomorrow (I have not started it) Instead, I come here and read way too many posts, then I start deeply researching online some other unrelated & obtuse topic and I just realized that I have wasted HOURS. I have totally procrastinated/avoided an obligation. Oh and also...very wierd, I'll write a long email to a friend, and then obsessively read it over & over & over again to make sure I didn't make a mistake!! Is that OCD or what?
      I also have noticed that my thoughts have been a little more obsessive - like hyperfocused/stuck on one topic/idea and it's difficult to switch gears. Is this bad? I don't want to have to go off the med because I do feel like it has really helped me. Now, I'm a bit worried (I did take more IR today, so perhaps that is why I'm getting this side effect?) Maybe I should just stick with the extended & not the IR dosing.
    • By TakeAChillPill
      Does anyone else find that the days you take your stimulant, you sleep like baby at night and wake up refreshed?  
      I do!
      I'm so happy that I am finally getting restful and conistent sleep with the help of Adderall.
      I take 10mg IR once in the morning and sometimes I take a second dose around lunch or dinner.  
      I was reading good article abut it.  Let me get the link.  It's from Tuck.com.  If it's accurate information, it seems very informative.  
      https://www.tuck.com/stimulants-and-sleep/