CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
sonicwhite

Please help me someone

Ok I was in klonopin for seven years. I didn’t abuse my medication because I knew it was helping. I also had a script for gabapentin which I did abuse. When I had my last doc I told the therapist that I was abusing gabapentin but she didn’t say anything. She kinda looked puzzled as to why anyone would do that. 

Than an I had to move out of state and the docs cut me cold turkey off of three mg a day. I was completely delusional for three months until I fired my doc and got a script that I had a refill. Within two days I was normal again. 

Im thinking about looking for a new doc that would give me a script of klonopin since I don’t abuse klonopin and it’s more of a buffer than anything. 

Can some one one please help me think of what I need to say to a doc. I’m scared and I feel like I’m in a dark hole without a soul. I feel hopeless and in much anguish. I know all about the benzo withdrawals all too well but I need relief. I need something. If anything take the gabapentin away because that’s been a demon drug from the very beginning.

I don't know any magic words that can get a doctor to prescribe a benzo, especially in the current anti-benzo climate. I have to warn you, however, that looking for a new doctor who would prescribe you Klonopin is a red flag to many doctors and they will be less likely to prescribe you the Klonopin you want. Looking for a doctor to prescribe a certain, often addicting med is called doctor shopping, and as I said, it is a red flag.

Why not take this opportunity to get free and clear of Klonopin altogether? You've already suffered so much, and you are nearly there. If you absolutely cannot get yourself off Klonopin, have you considered inpatient treatment to get you off Klonopin?

I agree with jt above........When you go to see a new pdoc for the first time, IMO, it wouldn't be a good idea to come right out and ask for Klonopin..........To most docs that would be a giant red flag.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Are you open to trying a similar med? Do you think that is what the doctor has in mind going forward?

Idk about my current doc she knows I don’t abuse benzos but I’m so afraid of them rejecting me. Always have I had this happen. 

Im so worn guys I really am. I’m a Christian fighting an uphill battle.