Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

Update! I did my first treatment yesterday and it was quite interesting...more weird and "trippy" than I expected but not in a bad way. They dosed at .5 mg/kg to start but said if no response after a couple tries they would use a higher dose before calling it quits . So three treatments this week...two next week...then a taper -assuming I see an improvement by the end of next week. So far- it was really hard to get out of bed today but once I did I was a bit more peppy which is nice but I don't feel any drastic miracle change. Doc there said its not actually as fast as people think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should know- they warned me it won't last very long without several maintainance treatments after the initial which I think you said wouldn't work for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iceberg said:

You should know- they warned me it won't last very long without several maintainance treatments after the initial which I think you said wouldn't work for you 

I just don’t wanna pay, but I may, although I’m seeing glimmers of hope from vraylar

34 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Update! I did my first treatment yesterday and it was quite interesting...more weird and "trippy" than I expected but not in a bad way. They dosed at .5 mg/kg to start but said if no response after a couple tries they would use a higher dose before calling it quits . So three treatments this week...two next week...then a taper -assuming I see an improvement by the end of next week. So far- it was really hard to get out of bed today but once I did I was a bit more peppy which is nice but I don't feel any drastic miracle change. Doc there said its not actually as fast as people think. 

Well I hope this works for u, u deserve it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, looking for answers said:

I got a reply . But do I want to do this trial in the middle of all these med changes

No valid scientific trial will let you participate in receiving an experimental psych med treatment while also changing any of your psych meds (doses or cocktail). That is bad science. The data they would collect in that situation would not tell them about ketamine because there is no way to tell what changes are from it vs from other meds.

The trial I was in required me to have been on the same meds/doses for 6 weeks before beginning with them. My pdoc had to clear any med changes with them before writing a prescription, and they basically wouldn’t allow any changes while I was an active participant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Geek said:

No valid scientific trial will let you participate in receiving an experimental psych med treatment while also changing any of your psych meds (doses or cocktail). That is bad science. The data they would collect in that situation would not tell them about ketamine because there is no way to tell what changes are from it vs from other meds.

The trial I was in required me to have been on the same meds/doses for 6 weeks before beginning with them. My pdoc had to clear any med changes with them before writing a prescription, and they basically wouldn’t allow any changes while I was an active participant.

Wel that answers that, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished round three. Was feeling better until my best Friend had a Suicide attempts last week. Now I can't tell whether I feel better or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four treatments down. Bumped my dose from .5 mg/kg to .55mg/kg. Doesn't seem like a lot but they said it's a significant increase. Feeling somewhat better but my energy hasn't come back like I hoped. My Tdoc says I definetly look better. No side effects 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

Four treatments down. Bumped my dose from .5 mg/kg to .55mg/kg. Doesn't seem like a lot but they said it's a significant increase. Feeling somewhat better but my energy hasn't come back like I hoped. My Tdoc says I definetly look better. No side effects 

Fantastic  I’m glad your feeling better!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably tapering - 1wk, 10 days , than 2 weeks then PRN when symptoms return. Probably will up dose to .6 mg/kg. They say they would increase faster/more if I wasn't BP I 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say at least a 50% improvement. Might get more effect after the higher dose on Wednesday. Only side effect is I've been a bit more irritable (they said I might get some hypomanic symptoms). Much easier than ECT tho 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been out of ketamine for 1 and 1/2 weeks now and the positive effects seem to be still sticking around. My dose got bumped again to .6 mg/kg which I'm not Gonna lie was very nice and relaxing. Go back for maintaince treatment on Monday and then probably I one more after that in 2-3 weeks. Then I should be able to just come back PRN. I would definetly recommend it to anyone who has tried a million meds or who isn't ready to do ECT yet. It's just the price that is the problem...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pdoc wants me to push next treatment to three week interval as to lower the risk of mania now that it's spring. He hopes that my meds will take over now and hold me steady without regular infusions. He wants me to eventually do it PRN only but the ketamine office doc wants me to stay with semi regular appointments for a while longer... Always tough when you get conflicting pdoc advice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Pdoc wants me to push next treatment to three week interval as to lower the risk of mania now that it's spring. He hopes that my meds will take over now and hold me steady without regular infusions. He wants me to eventually do it PRN only but the ketamine office doc wants me to stay with semi regular appointments for a while longer... Always tough when you get conflicting pdoc advice 

can they communicate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By rowan77
      In your experience  have you taken an antidepressant specifically an SSRI and it made you activated, agitated, irritable and unable to sleep
    • By complainjane
      Hi. Years ago I was diagnosed with bipolar II but after 6-7 years of messing with med cocktails I'm seriously wondering if I'm not just depressed and that's that.
      I've never had mania. Never had a "high". I definitely get depressed- and sometimes, when not medicated, I can get extremely irritable.
      My psychiatrist says that the irritability is my version of "mania" but I've never seen anyone else describe going through this or having this kind of bipolar. I've never seen this listed as the symptoms of bipolar anywhere. I don't fit the criteria of bipolar II that I've seen written anywhere. I just can't relate to anything I've read.
      Also, when I get depressed, it's accompanied by sheer panic. Not flat-out panic attacks but just feelings of dread and fear. I become convinced I'm going to lose my job, lose my house, etc. Things at work haven't been perfect but the level of fear I experience is completely out of proportion to the situation and it feels "chemical". I also feel like someone is sitting on my chest... I feel it in my chest and shoulders. It's bizarre.
      Can anyone relate to any of this?
×