CrazyBoards.org

Update! I did my first treatment yesterday and it was quite interesting...more weird and "trippy" than I expected but not in a bad way. They dosed at .5 mg/kg to start but said if no response after a couple tries they would use a higher dose before calling it quits . So three treatments this week...two next week...then a taper -assuming I see an improvement by the end of next week. So far- it was really hard to get out of bed today but once I did I was a bit more peppy which is nice but I don't feel any drastic miracle change. Doc there said its not actually as fast as people think. 

You should know- they warned me it won't last very long without several maintainance treatments after the initial which I think you said wouldn't work for you 

Just now, Iceberg said:

You should know- they warned me it won't last very long without several maintainance treatments after the initial which I think you said wouldn't work for you 

I just don’t wanna pay, but I may, although I’m seeing glimmers of hope from vraylar

34 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Update! I did my first treatment yesterday and it was quite interesting...more weird and "trippy" than I expected but not in a bad way. They dosed at .5 mg/kg to start but said if no response after a couple tries they would use a higher dose before calling it quits . So three treatments this week...two next week...then a taper -assuming I see an improvement by the end of next week. So far- it was really hard to get out of bed today but once I did I was a bit more peppy which is nice but I don't feel any drastic miracle change. Doc there said its not actually as fast as people think. 

Well I hope this works for u, u deserve it

2 hours ago, looking for answers said:

I got a reply . But do I want to do this trial in the middle of all these med changes

No valid scientific trial will let you participate in receiving an experimental psych med treatment while also changing any of your psych meds (doses or cocktail). That is bad science. The data they would collect in that situation would not tell them about ketamine because there is no way to tell what changes are from it vs from other meds.

The trial I was in required me to have been on the same meds/doses for 6 weeks before beginning with them. My pdoc had to clear any med changes with them before writing a prescription, and they basically wouldn’t allow any changes while I was an active participant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

No valid scientific trial will let you participate in receiving an experimental psych med treatment while also changing any of your psych meds (doses or cocktail). That is bad science. The data they would collect in that situation would not tell them about ketamine because there is no way to tell what changes are from it vs from other meds.

The trial I was in required me to have been on the same meds/doses for 6 weeks before beginning with them. My pdoc had to clear any med changes with them before writing a prescription, and they basically wouldn’t allow any changes while I was an active participant.

Wel that answers that, thank you.

Finished round three. Was feeling better until my best Friend had a Suicide attempts last week. Now I can't tell whether I feel better or not 

Four treatments down. Bumped my dose from .5 mg/kg to .55mg/kg. Doesn't seem like a lot but they said it's a significant increase. Feeling somewhat better but my energy hasn't come back like I hoped. My Tdoc says I definetly look better. No side effects 

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

Four treatments down. Bumped my dose from .5 mg/kg to .55mg/kg. Doesn't seem like a lot but they said it's a significant increase. Feeling somewhat better but my energy hasn't come back like I hoped. My Tdoc says I definetly look better. No side effects 

Fantastic  I’m glad your feeling better!!!

Probably tapering - 1wk, 10 days , than 2 weeks then PRN when symptoms return. Probably will up dose to .6 mg/kg. They say they would increase faster/more if I wasn't BP I 

I'd say at least a 50% improvement. Might get more effect after the higher dose on Wednesday. Only side effect is I've been a bit more irritable (they said I might get some hypomanic symptoms). Much easier than ECT tho 

• Like 1

So I've been out of ketamine for 1 and 1/2 weeks now and the positive effects seem to be still sticking around. My dose got bumped again to .6 mg/kg which I'm not Gonna lie was very nice and relaxing. Go back for maintaince treatment on Monday and then probably I one more after that in 2-3 weeks. Then I should be able to just come back PRN. I would definetly recommend it to anyone who has tried a million meds or who isn't ready to do ECT yet. It's just the price that is the problem...

• Like 1

Pdoc wants me to push next treatment to three week interval as to lower the risk of mania now that it's spring. He hopes that my meds will take over now and hold me steady without regular infusions. He wants me to eventually do it PRN only but the ketamine office doc wants me to stay with semi regular appointments for a while longer... Always tough when you get conflicting pdoc advice 

10 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Pdoc wants me to push next treatment to three week interval as to lower the risk of mania now that it's spring. He hopes that my meds will take over now and hold me steady without regular infusions. He wants me to eventually do it PRN only but the ketamine office doc wants me to stay with semi regular appointments for a while longer... Always tough when you get conflicting pdoc advice 

can they communicate?