CrazyBoards.org

malachite

I have been migraine-free for a year! (MTHFR mutation)

I am posting this in the hopes that it helps someone else with chronic migraines.

For years I had regular and very long-lasting migraines. After first getting them 15 years ago, they kept increasing in frequency and duration. 

A little over a year ago, my pdoc suggested testing me for the MTHFR gene mutation in the hopes of helping my depression with L-methylfolate if I did have it. I have the heterozygous form of the mutation, which means I can convert *some* folic acid to folate in my body but my ability to do so is hampered.

After a few months on Enlyte, my migraines disappeared. I know this likely isn't the cause of most people's migraines, but I wanted to share in case it helps anyone else suffering. My pdoc has a couple other patients with migraines and the MTHFR mutation whose episodes have been greatly reduced due to prescription supplementation. 

I never thought I could be free from the hell my migraines caused me. 

• Like 1

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I have suffered from migraines since a young girl, and I have MTHFR as well. I will bring this up with my neuro and thank you so much for posting!

• Like 1