CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)

This is my first time writing but I need help from someone I don’t know and doesn’t know me.

I feel like giving up on life, I want to cry all the time and just everything is just suffocating me. I’m faking smiles and happiness when I’m struggling to feel any emotions. I feel so god damn empty!! 

But I’m not suicidal and I never think about it. I’ve never done self harm and I’ve never taken up the offer.

I feel like everyone has something in there life that they can love. I don’t. I know this isn’t for everyone but I feel like it. From people having that special someone, that thing they love to do or something that makes them feel safe. For me I don’t have anything like that and I haven’t really enjoyed anything in a long time. I feel so empty.

I don’t feel safe anymore and I’m scared of the dark. It makes me jumpy and gives a feeling like I’m being watched. 

I know it sounds stupid but I’m a teenager and I just... can’t.

i haven’t talked to anyone about this and I just don’t want people swarming me about it. 

I feel like my life’s a mess. I feel like I don’t belong. I feel like where I am isn’t where I should be. I don’t know if I’m depressed. But I know I need help but death will never be something I consider. It scares me.

If anyone else feels anything similar please talk to me or if you have any advice. I feel like I’m suffocating. 

Edited by X Anime Lover X

You sound depressed, though I'm not a doctor.  You're just naming a lot of things that could be related to depression--losing interest in things, loneliness, feeling like everything's off, sadness, crying, etc.  You can get help even if you aren't suicidal.  That's actually the best time because your brain is still active enough to let you do the work, as opposed to when everything's gone. 

Apologies if you know this already, but the two main things are usually therapy and medication.  Sometimes a primary care doctor will handle medication and sometimes it's better to see a psychiatrist.  Therapy can be from a psychologist or a social worker.  You mentioned that you're a teenager--does that mean that you're on your parent(s)' health insurance currently?  If so, you might need to bring one of them into the loop.  Is there someone who you feel more comfortable with or who has more knowledge about depression?  Another option, if you're in school of any sort, is counseling resources through school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

You sound depressed, though I'm not a doctor.  You're just naming a lot of things that could be related to depression--losing interest in things, loneliness, feeling like everything's off, sadness, crying, etc.  You can get help even if you aren't suicidal.  That's actually the best time because your brain is still active enough to let you do the work, as opposed to when everything's gone. 

Apologies if you know this already, but the two main things are usually therapy and medication.  Sometimes a primary care doctor will handle medication and sometimes it's better to see a psychiatrist.  Therapy can be from a psychologist or a social worker.  You mentioned that you're a teenager--does that mean that you're on your parent(s)' health insurance currently?  If so, you might need to bring one of them into the loop.  Is there someone who you feel more comfortable with or who has more knowledge about depression?  Another option, if you're in school of any sort, is counseling resources through school.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. My mother may be aware of the fact I may be depressed and we have talked. Thank you again.

Edited by X Anime Lover X

I remember that kind of feelings you have now from my teenage years. I know it can be hard. It's good that you talk to your mother about it, honest relationship with her can be very helpful.

I also advice to talk to psychologist first, though. Professional help could have a good impact on you.

It's a very good news that you don't feel suicidal. I also never did, though suffer from depression sometimes and had the same feelings as you. But you have a whole life ahead of you and I'm sure you will meet that special someone one day. I wish you all the best!

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Dewey
      I worked my way up to 5mg of Zyprexa last 10 days, but still very irritable.  I snap at everyone, so everyone is naturally leaving me alone.  I don't like living this way.  Left a message with my prescribing doctor about this irritability issue.  Update, prescribing doc called and suggested I go up 1/4 of a tablet and get the irritability and mood swings under control before I start the Lamictal.  So, took another 1/4 tablet which makes 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet I have taken so far this morning. 
      Seizure doc prescribed Lamictal, but holding off starting that until I feel more stable on Zyprexa. 
      Zyprexa used to calm my mind, not sure why it's not working so well this time around.  I have been on all the other anti-psychotics and Zyprexa is the only one I can tolerate.  Anti-depressants don't work for me, can't tolerate any of the SSRI's. 
      In the middle of a card game last Monday, I got mad at one of the players, threw my cards down on the table and left.  That is not like me, I never display anger towards anyone.  Very upset over all this irritability and moodiness and now what happened at the card game, very ashamed of my behavior.  I have since apologized to the person I offended, will attend the card game this evening and see how I do.  Gulp !!
    • By Dewey
      It's the week before Thanksgiving and not one person has invited me to their home or to get together to celebrate Thanksgiving. 
      I go thru this every year and suddenly Thanksgiving is 4 days away.
      I usually prepare my own special dinner to ward off feelings of isolation during this holiday, this year, I was too depressed to even think ahead.
      Now it's 4 days away, no one has invited me and I didn't buy any food to prepare.  I have to have food delivered because I am disabled and cannot drive.
      It's too late to order thru my grocery delivery as I'm sure the store is out of most of the things I usually get to make.
      So, now depression is inking in big time and my thinking is that since no one invited me, I must not be regarded as a close enough friend to be considered to sit at their table for Thanksgiving and causing me to rethink who is on my friend list.  I feel soo abandoned and very sad. 

• By Blahblah
       I've posted on this topic before, because I'm really wondering why this is happening to me, but not on other people that have been on higher-dose stimulants (without breaks) for MUCH longer....
      I re-instated Ritalin (after a 4 month break) due to increase in work cognitive tasks. Pdoc increased the dosage because previous dose was starting to not cut it, wearing off early. I Was told I could experiment, but to take weekends/breaks off in order to "rest" . In the last 3 weeks, I've noticed drastic improvements in my mood, motivation, ability to focus on intellectual tasks/reading, and a positivity, calmness in general.
      Problem is, I am psychologically addicted. When I try to break on the weekends, I can't get out of bed, barely prepare food for myself (despite hunger), and shower, basically, these symptoms are MUCH worse than before I was taking it! I'm concerned that I'll need to keep increasing the dose, take it everyday, and eventually, it will make my condition/functioning worse in the long run (exacerbating the problem). I had old pdocs that would not prescribe me stimulants for exactly this reason.....(I am not ADD.....it is for TRD.)
      Any ideas guys? I'm very compliant, and have no inclination to abuse the dosage. This is the only thing that's made a dent in my mood and functioning and does not seem like a long-term solution!
    • By Blahblah
      How does Loneliness effect you? Any meds that help? All articles suggest that being active in regular social activities, any type of socializing, CBT, therapy, all help - but what if it doesn't for you? What if you have no friends you can depend on or trust? What if socializing with strangers, frequent group meetups, events, hobbies makes you feel worse? What if you are unable to work and have no regular in-person interaction with people?
      http://theconversation.com/loneliness-on-its-way-to-becoming-britains-most-lethal-condition-94775
       "Cacioppo’s key insight was that loneliness is fundamentally a biological problem....And so is its most profound effect – death. Analysis of 300,000 people in 148 studies found that loneliness is associated with a 50% increase in mortality from any cause. This makes it comparable to smoking 15 cigarettes a day, and more dangerous than obesity.
      ....said Cacioppo, we evolved to experience social rejection in the same way as physical pain. Brain scans have shown that “social pain”, such as being shunned by a community, activates the same region – the dorsal anterior cingulate – as bodily trauma."
    • By Stephielove77
      Hello, amigos. It’s day 3 on Ritalin SR 20 once a day,  finally prescribed after « doctor shopping » and faulty antidepressant tryouts. It kicked in right away however I did  take a nap today shortly after taking it but that’s probably my body’s usual reaction to fighting off anything new to the system. It worked right away which is a miracle!!!!!!  I have the worst job in the world which is dishwashing in my family’s restaurant, basically waiting to die. Well! Let me tell you, the soul crushing agony of a wasted 41 year old woman’s life were momentarily alleviated by focus, order, and execution. I just got on with it. S’ppose it coulda been a Placebo  (great band) effect but I’ll take it.                                Having run the gamut of, oh, every antidepressant to no avail, the last being Trintellix, which after a month left me exhausted, though I’M SURE it would’ve worked after six weeks 🤪                                          So experienced créatives,my questions to you are:  Has adding an antidepressant to your current stimulant (preferably Ritalin) made you exhausted/fried and if so for how long? Is Prozac a lost cause, especially according to Dr Charles Parker ? Ixnay on Celexa, Citalopram, Abilify, Viibryd, Trintellix, Cymbalta, Effexor...those last three were great for a 2 or so months then I slept all day, modalert didnt make a dent..Zoloft I would say I’ve had the most success with but maybe I should do the Ritalin for a couple months before reintroducing? And finally, Wellbutrin was great until the Cicadas in my head....I.E Tinnitus made me want to inpatient myself. Thank you!!               tl;dr dx’ed  MDD, no bipolar traits and other failed depression treatments include Valdoxan (Agomelatine), Doxepin, Celexa was a goddamn disaster. I aint doin’ no MAOI’s, thanks. Also I live in France and Ritalin was extremely difficult to get prescribed.                                         Thanks, Steph