CrazyBoards.org

Back in the day when I first took Paxil (brand name), it would put me to sleep one hour after taking it. I had some really bad sexual side effects from it too. When I finally came off it, I was quite dizzy. That's about all I remember about it except that it didn't really help my depression, but then again, no SSRI even remotely helped my depression except maybe Celexa. I'm treatment resistant and am very lucky to have found Abilify. So don't base your response to Paxil on mine.

Just now, jt07 said:

Back in the day when I first took Paxil (brand name), it would put me to sleep one hour after taking it. I had some really bad sexual side effects from it too. When I finally came off it, I was quite dizzy. That's about all I remember about it except that it didn't really help my depression, but then again, no SSRI even remotely helped my depression except maybe Celexa. I'm treatment resistant and am very lucky to have found Abilify. So don't base your response to Paxil on mine.

It’s making me a zombie thrus fat and they other issue is well not tolerable

I'm pretty sure the zombification effect will go away in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, this is the first time I've heard of that side effect from any medication. Urinary incontinence can occur, but fecal incontinence is a new one for me. I'm not saying that it is not a side effect for you ... it's just a freaky weird side effect that is not common. 

How are you doing today? Any better?

I'm feeling better than yesterday. I'm still not sleeping. I broke down last night and took Remeron because I am losing my mind without sleep. Slept slightly better last night and a little dazed today, but it's better than no sleep.

That drugged feeling you are experiencing will go away. Also, SSRIs have a tendency to make anxiety worse before they make it better. In a couple of weeks you should be feeling better and less anxious.

1 hour ago, jt07 said:

I'm feeling better than yesterday. I'm still not sleeping. I broke down last night and took Remeron because I am losing my mind without sleep. Slept slightly better last night and a little dazed today, but it's better than no sleep.

god i went through the no sleep a few weeks back, its awufl and takes forever to recover, hopefully the remeron can work a bit better in coming days, no sleep just kills you

1 hour ago, jt07 said:

That drugged feeling you are experiencing will go away. Also, SSRIs have a tendency to make anxiety worse before they make it better. In a couple of weeks you should be feeling better and less anxious.

i hope the drugged goes away! ive never had start up anxiety on an ssri, my anxiet was through the roof pre ssri. pdoc didnt wanna up benzo, so went with paxil, i may be experience more since im on the ssri now as a start up effect i suppose. But its gonna be  a tough few weeks. I just feel like things should be this hard, over a year of different docs and iop etc. I know ppl go there whole lives looking for their comboo, but shit.......

The med merry-go-round is hard and unfortunately there is no good way to short circuit it. I have had start-up anxiety on nearly every SSRI I have started. It's just part of the start-up effects. However, that passes and the SSRI actually makes anxiety much better. It's kind of a paradox, but they do work.

Have you ever taken Celexa (citalopram)? I find that citalopram works as well as any benzo. In fact, I continue to take citaloparm, not so much for depression, but for anxiety. It's really a great med for anxiety, at least for me, but it comes with a high cost of causing apathy.  

40 minutes ago, jt07 said:

The med merry-go-round is hard and unfortunately there is no good way to short circuit it. I have had start-up anxiety on nearly every SSRI I have started. It's just part of the start-up effects. However, that passes and the SSRI actually makes anxiety much better. It's kind of a paradox, but they do work.

I just mean med after med after med for years. But yeah start ups do suck only one that was smooth was trintellix

40 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Have you ever taken Celexa (citalopram)? I find that citalopram works as well as any benzo. In fact, I continue to take citaloparm, not so much for depression, but for anxiety. It's really a great med for anxiety, at least for me, but it comes with a high cost of causing apathy.  

I have taken it doesn’t do much for me period just kinda flattens me with sexual side effects.

prozac, trintellix, lexapro have worked the best in the past

40 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

I just mean med after med after med for years.

Yeah, that's what people call the med merry-go-round.

ECT can help but I would give the new SSRI trial several more weeks first cuz who knows u might get lucky