CrazyBoards.org

*Trigger warning for talk of sex and issues with consent, drugs/alcohol, self-harm*

I'm new and I haven't found much on this subject so if anyone has any experience/advice I would appreciate it so much. I've been having even more issues with sex recently where I just feel this awful nausea and wrongness at the just the thought of sexual activity with someone else. I do also have OCD which for many years included intrusive thoughts of sexual violence, but that's been more under control than my other issues. The problem is I still have that impulse to go out and have a casual fuck and I'm having trouble feeling connected and validated by other people without it, but it's such a strong fear at this point that I just can't. I've been in situations in the past where I've done it anyway even when it really wasn't healthy and I ended up heavily dissociated and feeling awful. At this point it seems like I'm channeling all of this into getting drunk and high more, as well as more dangerous self-harm.  

I hope I explained this okay. Basically I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for healthier attitudes towards sex and dealing with an impulse I can't go through with? Any help would be really appreciated. 

Do you have a therapist to talk this over with? This seems like a perfect therapy conversation if that's available to you 

I have one I've been seeing for ~2 months, I think I just feel uncomfortable talking about this irl. I come from a place where the topic is pretty hush hush and it's hard for me to talk with therapists in general.

Yeah talking about sex can be really hard, especially if you come from a reserved background. Does the gender of your therapist make it harder? Are they open to doing some email therapy with you, do you think that might help?