CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)

I switched from 20mg Lexapro to 20mg Viibryd, mainly based on a genetic test. 

You can read more here:
http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php?/topic/94173-genesight-dna-test/

I thought I would share a brief daily blog on my Viibryd experience.  It's my first new AD in about six years.  

If you don't want to read It, either block me or the thread.  I'm doing this for a few people who expressed interest and my self.  Plus, I am broke and bored and the coffee is free here.  At least that's what I've been told. 

---

Tue - 05/22/18 - Day 9:  2nd day completely off of Lexapro and my 2nd day of 20mg Viibryd.  No real side effects I can pinpoint to Viibryd alone.  Have been having very vivid dreams since titration onto Viibryd.  Dreams may also be from the jump to 10mg of Zyprexa from 7.5mg as well, or the elimination of Lexapro.  Idk, but I like dreaming, so this is kind of a plus for me.  Overall I feel well, been doing a lot of productive work in and out of the house.  Had my second interview in a week yesterday and another scheduled for Thursday this week.  Anxiety is down and energy is improved. 

---

Wed - 05/23/18 - Woke up in a fog today.  Didn't lift till I took some Ritalin.  Had a crazy dream last night, woke up in the middle of the night and was still in the dream.  Fell into my dresser and smacked my head on the wood.  I think the vivid dreams are coming from the Zyprexa, since I take Viibryd in the AM.  Seems like the longer I'm on Zyprexa the more I want to sleep.  Thought about canceling my interview for tomorrow, but I need to get out of the house and do something productive that earns me some money.  Tired of cottage cheese and veggies all day.  Thinking about taking a break from keto for a couple weeks, just to see if my energy level improves.  Any suggestions appreciated, I don't have another appointment until the 1st week of August.  TFL... 

---

Thu - 05/24/18 - Feeling pretty good this morning.  I have an interview at 1pm, praying that I get this job.  If you believe in prayer, maybe say one for me.  No, I'm not religious and I would never preach to anyone.  But I do believe in God, I've seen too much in my life to deny his/her existence. 

Anyway, I slept much better last night, no fog this morning.  I did wake up choking in the middle of the night.  I think I need to be tested for sleep apnea.  

I will post an update if I get a job today.  But even if I don't, at least I showed up.  Which is an accomplishment for someone like me, lol. 

I haven't heard from the place I interviewed with on Monday yet.  Should I give them a call or just wait?  What do you think? 

Interview was really uncomfortable.  The head manager just sat there and stared at me while the assistant asked me questions.  I felt like the manager was completely uninterested in what I had to say.  Maybe he was just tired or stressed out.  Either way I don't think I will be hired.  Hopefully I will here back from the place I interviewed with on Monday.  🤞

I think the Viibryd is starting to kick in, although I was disappointed after the interview, I wasn't upset.  I went home and did a lot of work around the house.  I know if I had been on Lexapro I would have gone straight to bed.  See you tomorrow. 

---

Fri - 05/25/18 - 2 more days of titration on Viibryd after today.  Fully off Lexapro for 5 days now and I really can't complain.

I didn't feel like I needed as much Ritalin when I woke up, so I only took 20mg in the AM and 10mg in the afternoon.  I try to follow my Dr's recommendations and not take Ritalin after 3pm unless I really feel bad.  Still drank coffee, can't live without it.  

*Just wanted to add that the reports of diarrhea could be accurate.  I forgot to add that since I started talking 20mg, I've had it pretty much once a day.  It could also be the Deplin or increase of Zyprexa, so I really can't pinpoint the cause.  Could also be due to dehydration, since I have been doing a lot more work outside the house.  I'm also riding my bike pretty much every night.  I'm going to try and drink extra water for a few days and start drinking the electrolyte mix I'm supposed to drink while on keto... 

Still hoping to hear back from one of the employers I interviewed with.  If not, well then I guess it's a loss for both of us. 

Hope you all have a good weekend.  Try to do something you like even if you don't feel like it.  

---

Sat - 05/26/18 -  Felt great today when I woke up, really energetic.  Didn't take as much Ritalin again, just didn't need it.  Also took 0.5mg of Klonopin instead of the full 1mg just to see how I feel with it.  

Still having the stomach issues others had reported while on Viibryd.  Trying to remedy this with an increase in fluids and electrolytes. 

Can't believe it's almost in the 90's a month before Summer officially starts.  Not looking forward to a really hot and humid next few months. 

---

Sun - 05/27/18 -  Feeling pretty good today.  Last day on the Viibryd titration, so I guess I'm now a full week off of Lexapro.  

---

Mon - 05/28/18 - Not doing so well today, just feel like sleeping.  Electrolyte mix does seem to be working.  No stomach issues today.  I will post the mix when I have more patience. Had some "family" over yesterday, for a garage sale.  Most of my Gabapentin is now gone.  Somehow made its way out of a "child-proof" bottle and into somebody else's pocket.  Guess I'll be investing in a safe when I can find the money.  At least I was smart enough to hide the Ritalin and Klonopin.  Didn't know Gabapentin was a popular recreational drug.  Well, I do now, be warned.

---

Tue - 05/29/18 - Today is good so far.  Stomach issues are back, but no pain so I am going to keep trying to remedy the situation.  I like this AD too much so far to give up on it without a fight.  Spoke to my Dr. and will be able to replace the Gabapentin taken on Sunday.  Haven't had any real vivid or disturbing dreams for a few days, at least none that I remember.  So, I must be getting used to the Zyprexa and Viibryd.  I read online that Viibryd can also cause vivid dreams even though I take it in the AM.  But so far, I'd have to say I'm pretty pleased with the difference I feel, over Lexapro.  I just wonder sometimes, if the MTHFR test had been around, or if it was, administered when I first started having problems, if I would need any medication.  No word yet from either of the two places I interviewed for last week, clearly must have nailed the interviews.  Try, try again, I guess.

---

Wed - 05/30/18 - Woke up very early today, but feel good.  No stomach issues this morning.  I can report that Viibryd might give you some weird dreams, but I think Zyprexa is just compounding it.  I rode my bike last night and had a dream I was riding a trail somewhere in Russia.  Anyway, you might have strange dreams on Viibryd, not sure if they will go away, but I will keep posting.  Also, I've noticed a definite drop in sex drive.  Usually about a 1/2 hour after I apply Androgel, I start feeling a rush of hormones.  But since titration of Viibryd, I don't really feel that anymore.  So if you are in a relationship, this might not be for you.  I don't really care ATM that much, I don't have much to offer anyone anyway.  I don't think many women are looking for someone on SSDI who can't even get a part-time job in retail.  3 bad interviews out of over 20 applications is pretty bad IMO...

---

Thu - 05/31/18 - Crap day yesterday, today has been better now that I am no longer feeling withdrawal from Gabapentin.  I expected to be banned from the site after the CVS rant.  Thankful I had somewhere to release my frustration and emotion here.  I have to get a molar pulled tomorrow and had a dream that I was able to pull out multiple teeth on my own.  I was on amphetamine therapy for a long time and the constant teeth grinding and winter depression did a number on my teeth.  I was told I need dentures or full implants top and bottom.  I'm too young for dentures.  The thought of one falling out while I'm talking is enough to keep my bad teeth as long as I can.  I'd love to get implants, maybe when I win the lottery.  Anyway, my stomach issues have been better the last couple of days.  I think it's because of drinking more water and the electrolyte mix.  I definitely need to seek the help of a counselor.  I'm clearly not processing my emotions well.  Especially the frustration of not being able to find a job.  TLDR, hope you are having a better day. 

---

Fri - 06/01/2018 - Bad day at the dentist.  Have to take antibiotics every 6 hours till I go back on Tuesday to have the molar pulled.  Tissue around the molar is infected.  Antibiotics make me feel like crap, guess that is life.  Can't seem to shake what happened at CVS, still angry.  But this too shall pass.  No stomach issues in a couple days.  Glad I have Zyprexa to knock me out at night.  Still liking Viibryd, able to get out and do a lot of stuff without much anxiety.  I still have agoraphobia, don't trust anyone.  Not even my family members.  Sad state to be in, but hopefully I can get better with a counselor.  Driving is probably the worst, because when I see someone go past smiling or laughing, I feel like it is directed towards me.  It's a weird situation, when I'm out of the car and in a store or walking around I don't seem to care.  Not sure what the deal is, but I know it's definitely a symptom of PTSD.  Hoping in time that will pass as well...

---

Mon - 06/04/2018 - Haven't felt like posting in a couple days.  Had a shitty weekend, plus I'm now taking an antibiotic that makes me feel like a pile of crap with a headache.  Getting the tooth pulled tomorrow, so this will be over soon.  Drew up a plan to lose the weight I've gained on Zyprexa.  Might be switching to Saphris at my next appointment.  I change meds a lot, I'm sure my PDoc is frustrated with me.  But right now I just don't care.  I worked too hard to lose the weight.  I know I had surgery, but I still had to stick to the plan.  Otherwise, I feel ok.  Still no sex drive, pretty sure it's the Viibryd.  Doesn't really matter much at the moment, since I don't have a girlfriend.  But I still liked being horny at times, if you know what I mean.  Hope your weekend was better, good day...

---

Tue - 06/05/2018 - Feeling really good today.  Had my tooth pulled and I can finally bite down again normally and without pain.  I have gone back to my normal dosage of Ritalin, taking less was making me irritable, maybe a symptom of tolerance.  Not sure but I feel better now, thinking of asking about an extended release version at my next appointment.  Going to see if I can get away without Ritalin on the weekend to see if it makes it more effective.  I have been having stomach problems again, but I don't think it's Viibryd.  I'm on antibiotics for my tooth for a couple more days since my tooth was infected.  I'll report more after I finish in a few days. 

---

Wed - 06/06/18 - Another good day, I think the change to Viibryd and the addition of L-Methylfolate is really working well.  I haven't felt this good in a long time.  I also credit the med change to my ability to stick to a new exercise and diet program.  I've gained weight since the change to Zyprexa.  I know if I was still on Lexapro I would have just given up and succumb to the urge to eat.  But now I am looking at the weight gain as a good challenge for me to resolve.  I'm actually kind of glad that this happened, because now I have something positive to focus on.  Getting back to what I consider a healthy weight.  The exercise is great, it's really clearing my mind.  I still would kind of like to do it during the day, but where I ride is too crowded with people and cars.  So I just go at night, guess I still have a little bit of agoraphobia going on.  I like the night better anyway, it feels more adventurous and risky.  I like the risk though, it releases more adrenaline and makes me workout harder.  

Anyway, hope you are having a good day as well. 

---

Thu - 06/07/18 - I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but sometimes I feel like I wake up a different person everyday.  Yesterday I felt great, today, not so much.  It could be the antibiotic I'm still finishing up, or the fact that I rode my bike a lot later last night.  Much thanks to the Cavs loss for that :wtf:Anyway, I guess you have to take the good days with the bad and hope you have more of the good.

---

Fri - 06/08/18 - Good day, can't complain.  Cleaned out the basement and shed for a garage sale tomorrow.  Hoping to make some food money.  Never would have been able to accomplish this "feat" on Lexapro.  If you are hurting and searching give Viibryd a shot and take the DNA test to see if you have the folic acid mutation.  Crazy how much better I feel.  Still wondering if I had that kind of test 14 years ago, what I would be like now?

---

Sat - 06/09/18 - Had a really good day.  Didn't sell much at the garage sale, but still made a decent amount of money.  The best part was that I actually socialized with the people who stopped by.  No fear, no anxiety, no worrying about what they thought about me.  This was very unusual for me.  On Lexapro it was the exact opposite, honestly I would have just probably pulled the signs in the yard and closed the garage door.  So, I can't complain, I'm making progress. 

---

Sun - 06/10/18 - Feel like I got hit by a truck.  Forgot how much energy socializing zaps out of the body.  I feel OK mentally, but physically I'm tired.  Got to get off Zyprexa asap, gained back 5 of the 10lbs I just lost.  Not a good med for me physically.  Starving so I don't gain weight isn't a good lifestyle choice.  Plus it negates the positive I am gaining from Viibryd.  Oh well, try something else soon. 

---

Mon - 06/11/18 - I'm beginning to think the Viibryd honeymoon is over or I caught something at the garage sale.  I have no energy today.  Even after 40mg of Ritalin and a pot of coffee.  Maybe I'm just transitioning from a slightly manic state brought on by Viibryd being new, into a depressed state.  I hope I can snap out of this.  The last thing I need is to have a depressive episode like I experience in the winter start in the summer.  Maybe the Zyprexa is just too sedating for me.  I wish I had some money to see the Dr. sooner than August.  But if this keeps up I will just have to owe her office.  I don't handle depression well at all.  I am going to try and find the energy to ride my bike tonight.  That always makes me feel better.  I wish I had somewhere to go, like a job.  But the emails I get, telling me that they are going with someone more qualified than me are always nice.  Makes me feel so much better about myself. 

---

Tue - 06/12/18 - I think the Viibryd honeymoon is definitely over.  Rode my bike last night and didn't even get the usual rush I feel when I finish.  At least I got the lawn mowed today.  All I really want to do right now is sleep.  I tried for a little while but I'm jacked on caffeine and restless.  Spent most of the day after mowing finding crap to sell at the next garage sale this weekend...bored to death.. 

---

Thu - 06/14/18 - Still not feeling very good.  Although, I did force myself to ride my bike again last night.  Unfortunately the Viibryd has continued to cause daily diarrhea, and it has also killed any sex drive I had left.  I think I am going to try and get an earlier appointment with the Dr. if I can find the money.  I shouldn't have to live with the stomach and sexual issues.  I also want to switch to a different mood stabilizer.  Currently taking Gabapentin and I need something to pull me out of the depression.  Good news is I am starting to lose more weight, even on Zyprexa.  I think the main thing helping is being broke and forced to live on oatmeal and veggies, oh well.  

---

Edited by gb84
Update 6/14
  • Like 1

Following your post. I'm going through 2nd time trials of meds that I've already tried in the past. Running out of viable options. I have not tried Vibryd yet but curious.

I tried Viibryd (Free samples from the doctor's office) and could not tolerate it. I'm not on trintellix, which unfortunately isn't working yet. 

3 hours ago, Ethansmom said:

I tried Viibryd (Free samples from the doctor's office) and could not tolerate it. I'm not on trintellix, which unfortunately isn't working yet. 

What about Viibryd didn't you like or what about it was intolerable?   If I may ask.. 

On 5/22/2018 at 12:45 PM, gb84 said:

I switched from 20mg Lexapro to 20mg Viibryd, mainly based on a genetic test. 

You can read more here:

I thought I would share a brief daily blog on my Viibryd experience.  It's my first new AD in about six years.  

If you don't want to read It, either block me or the thread.  I'm doing this for a few people who expressed interest and my self.  Plus, I am broke and bored and the coffee is free here.  At least that's what I've been told. 

---

Tue - 05/22/18 - Day 9:  2nd day completely off of Lexapro and my 2nd day of 20mg Viibryd.  No real side effects I can pinpoint to Viibryd alone.  Have been having very vivid dreams since titration onto Viibryd.  Dreams may also be from the jump to 10mg of Zyprexa from 7.5mg as well, or the elimination of Lexapro.  Idk, but I like dreaming, so this is kind of a plus for me.  Overall I feel well, been doing a lot of productive work in and out of the house.  Had my second interview in a week yesterday and another scheduled for Thursday this week.  Anxiety is down and energy is improved. 

---

Wed - 05/23/18 - Woke up in a fog today.  Didn't lift till I took some Ritalin.  Had a crazy dream last night, woke up in the middle of the night and was still in the dream.  Fell into my dresser and smacked my head on the wood.  I think the vivid dreams are coming from the Zyprexa, since I take Viibryd in the AM.  Seems like the longer I'm on Zyprexa the more I want to sleep.  Thought about canceling my interview for tomorrow, but I need to get out of the house and do something productive that earns me some money.  Tired of cottage cheese and veggies all day.  Thinking about taking a break from keto for a couple weeks, just to see if my energy level improves.  Any suggestions appreciated, I don't have another appointment until the 1st week of August.  TFL... 

---

Thu - 05/24/18 - Feeling pretty good this morning.  I have an interview at 1pm, praying that I get this job.  If you believe in prayer, maybe say one for me.  No, I'm not religious and I would never preach to anyone.  But I do believe in God, I've seen too much in my life to deny his/her existence. 

Anyway, I slept much better last night, no fog this morning.  I did wake up choking in the middle of the night.  I think I need to be tested for sleep apnea.  

I will post an update if I get a job today.  But even if I don't, at least I showed up.  Which is an accomplishment for someone like me, lol. 

I haven't heard from the place I interviewed with on Monday yet.  Should I give them a call or just wait?  What do you think? 

Interview was really uncomfortable.  The head manager just sat there and stared at me while the assistant asked me questions.  I felt like the manager was completely uninterested in what I had to say.  Maybe he was just tired or stressed out.  Either way I don't think I will be hired.  Hopefully I will here back from the place I interviewed with on Monday.  🤞

I think the Viibryd is starting to kick in, although I was disappointed after the interview, I wasn't upset.  I went home and did a lot of work around the house.  I know if I had been on Lexapro I would have gone straight to bed.  See you tomorrow. 

---

Fri - 05/25/18 - 2 more days of titration on Viibryd after today.  Fully off Lexapro for 5 days now and I really can't complain.

I didn't feel like I needed as much Ritalin when I woke up, so I only took 20mg in the AM and 10mg in the afternoon.  I try to follow my Dr's recommendations and not take Ritalin after 3pm unless I really feel bad.  Still drank coffee, can't live without it.  

*Just wanted to add that the reports of diarrhea could be accurate.  I forgot to add that since I started talking 20mg, I've had it pretty much once a day.  It could also be the Deplin or increase of Zyprexa, so I really can't pinpoint the cause.  Could also be due to dehydration, since I have been doing a lot more work outside the house.  I'm also riding my bike pretty much every night.  I'm going to try and drink extra water for a few days and start drinking the electrolyte mix I'm supposed to drink while on keto... 

Still hoping to hear back from one of the employers I interviewed with.  If not, well then I guess it's a loss for both of us. 

Hope you all have a good weekend.  Try to do something you like even if you don't feel like it.  

---

Sat - 05/26/18 -  Felt great today when I woke up, really energetic.  Didn't take as much Ritalin again, just didn't need it.  Also took 0.5mg of Klonopin instead of the full 1mg just to see how I feel with it.  

Still having the stomach issues others had reported while on Viibryd.  Trying to remedy this with an increase in fluids and electrolytes. 

Can't believe it's almost in the 90's a month before Summer officially starts.  Not looking forward to a really hot and humid next few months. 

---

Sun - 05/27/18 -  Feeling pretty good today.  Last day on the Viibryd titration, so I guess I'm now a full week off of Lexapro.  

---

I ended up having to stop this a weekish ago due to gi issues, but please keep updating so I can decide if it’s worth the issues. Was starting to help me too. But geez the tummy problems. 

19 minutes ago, GettingUpThere said:

I ended up having to stop this a weekish ago due to gi issues, but please keep updating so I can decide if it’s worth the issues. Was starting to help me too. But geez the tummy problems. 

I'm having stomach issues as well.  I'm hoping that an electrolyte mix I use for keto will remedy the problem.  I started it up again a couple of days ago. 

What did you experience as far as the stomach issues?  For me it's mainly diarrhea or loose stool.  Which is generally an indication that I am dehydrated. 

1 minute ago, gb84 said:

I'm having stomach issues as well.  I'm hoping that an electrolyte mix I use for keto will remedy the problem.  I started it up again a couple of days ago. 

What did you experience as far as the stomach issues?  For me it's mainly diarrhea or loose stool.  Which is generally an indication that I am dehydrated. 

Just general upset with crampy diarrhea. Was pretty awful. 

Posted (edited)

Electrolyte Drink Mix "fairy dust"(this mix isn't completely organic, but you can make it that way, if you want to, obviously it will cost more that way)

Instructions:

• Add above to 1/2 gallon of distilled water (or regular water, up to you, I like distilled water better)
  • Mix it up
  • You can use MIO drops or liquid stevia to adjust the taste to your liking (MIO does have an electrolyte mix, but by itself is not as effective as the mix above)
  • Divide into 3 - 4 servings (great to put in a water bottle for pre/during/post workout drink)

Notes:

• This should give you the recipe to make one days "dose" of fairy dust.
  • It will cost about $30-40 to get the little bottles of stuff.
  • That will be an 8 months supply or more.
Edited by gb84

Done with this daily report, no motivation to continue it anymore.  Don't waste your time with Viibryd, total crap, literally, all its done for me is a nice case of daily diarrhea.

If your in a relationship, I don't recommend it either, it kills any sex drive you might have.

If you do try it, I hope your results are better than mine were.

Somebody hit me with your car when you see me riding my bike at night, please...

I’ve been taking Viibryd for months and had good results.  My sex drive is fine. It is kinda hard on my stomach. I’m not sure if it’s the most effective SSRI I’ve ever taken, but it’s had the fewest obnoxious side effects, my least favorite two being wright gain and anorgasmia. 

I’m sorry it’s been so bad for you, and I hope you find something that works.

It doesn't make sense to me.  Once I titrated off Lexapro and on to Viibryd I felt great.  It was the best I had felt in a long time.  Then it went away and I have sunk in to a deep depression.  I just don't understand why I get the worst side effects of medications.  

I'm glad it works for you.  I was waiting for someone with positive feedback to respond.