CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Joey77

Latuda worked well but made me so angry

I was taking latuda 80mg and it worked well with the depression and worthless feelings also got rid of the rapid mind cycling and music playing but wow did it make me angry. Is there any other option that doesn’t make you so angry for Bipolar 1 as Seroquel XR is not working well as an alternative.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Joey77 said:

I was taking latuda 80mg and it worked well with the depression and worthless feelings also got rid of the rapid mind cycling and music playing but wow did it make me angry. Is there any other option that doesn’t make you so angry for Bipolar 1 as Seroquel XR is not working well as an alternative.

Well, no two people are alike, but I've finally found relief with Vraylar mixed with Topamax from a horrible mixed episode that had me a raging madwoman. 

PS, welcome to CB. 🙃

Edited by BipolarSpinster

I agree with Vraylar as an option, can help with both mania and depression although only technically approved for mania. Rexulti as well if your problems are more depression  

I'm on Latuda too. I haven't had problems with rage (well not more than usual :P), but I have really withdrawn socially and am more or less unable to feel joy except very rarely. I was talking to someone recently who is also on Latuda and also suffers from flat moods, and her pdoc told her it is probably the Latuda. I'm going away this summer so can't get off it right away for insurance reasons (travel insurance won't pay if you've made any med changes in the 6 months prior to leaving), but my doc said we can start weaning me off of it when I get back. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NerdyUnicorn
      I recently got increased on my Latuda for some mixed symptoms - I'd been on 60mg one night and 80mg the next to even out at 70mg overall and we went up to just straight 80mg, so not a large increase. I've been stable for a long time, so it's been a while since I've really had to change anything. This morning I'm noticing some cognitive symptoms, which are definitely not fun. Trouble reading and thinking, mostly. 
      I'm wondering how long it usually takes you to adjust to a new dosage in terms of side effects - if you have experience with Latuda, great, or just in general. I remember whole new meds take a month or longer but I don't really remember how long just dose increases take. 
    • By de414
    • By Dewey
      I have had a non-stop headache for a week now, or since I stopped Seroquel. I was taking a tiny amount (25 mg) so my psych doc thought stopping it suddenly was okay and I was on it for only a month.  However, I have had this headache with nausea since then and it wasn't until I started with the brain zaps yesterday that I wondered if I was going thru Seroquel withdrawals. I have had brain zaps while going off of drugs in the past. I have also had to stay away from anything with bright lights as my eyes have been bothering me to. Originally thought it was a migraine but now rethinking. Then two days ago, I got a horrible muscle spasm in my back.  I could feel it slowly coming on, getting acute and slowly going away, never had that before, weird.  And having dizzy spells as well that come and go.  Oh and hypotension too and regulating body temperatures.
      My psych doc wanted me to start Latuda right away, but I want to wait until Seroquel is all gone.  I can tell it's still in my system as I am still having rigid muscles and muscle spasms in my legs and neck.  Going to give it one more week and let myself dry out before starting on anything. 
      Taking 600 mg of Ibuprophen daily to help with the headache and ice and hot packs for my back and neck. 
      Will just have to sweat it out, not going back on that drug again.  Now worried about Latuda.
      Also, forgot to mention I stopped Pamelor at the same time and was on that for a month as well, at a low dose.  So, pretty sure this is all withdrawals I am going thru. 
    • By saoirse
      I've heard a lot about Latuda for bipolar depression, but didn't know that it was effective for psychosis (which I... probably should have... seeing as it's an antipsychotic.) But since my dose went up to 160 mg, the voices I used to hear have disappeared, my paranoia has gone way down, and I feel much happier.
      Has anyone else been helped a lot by Latuda for psychotic-related symptoms? 
    • By Merrystories
      Hi I have bipolar and have been on Latuda for 2 and a half months and am on 60mg.  I had my first panic attack on 40mg and it’s only gotten worse .  I used to think my panic attacks were triggered by sleep but now after learning about akathisia, I realize I most likely have that because I’m restless and have tremors and want it to end so badly.  I’m in Canada so I could go to the emerg but the likelyhood of me seeing a pdoc is low and my appointment with my appointed pdoc is in ten days.   I started to go back down on 40mg and today tried to take it in the day but the irritation is horrible and I don’t know if I can function at work with it. 
      Its worth noting that I was doing okay on Epival and they took me off it but things wnt to shit. Now I’m back on it and so I will have a mood stabilizer to help me if I get off the Latuda.  

Anywyas i I hope this makes sense.  My brain is kind of everywhere. I wanna know what the side effects will be and I suppose some reassurance?  I’m not sure.  Thank you for anyone who contributes.