CrazyBoards.org

I had something happen in my life that has me down.  I think I may have been prayed on by a scammer even though this person did not get any money from me or anything monetary.  This person did give me attention and affection and hope  and don''t even know if this person was trying to trick me or not.  A friend suggested it may be a scammer and so I thought it out some and then told the person I was not interested any longer just because I was afraid of being made a fool of.  I don't know how to find out if "he" was for real or not.:heartbreaker:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

I had something happen in my life that has me down.  I think I may have been prayed on by a scammer even though this person did not get any money from me or anything monetary.  This person did give me attention and affection and hope  and don''t even know if this person was trying to trick me or not.  A friend suggested it may be a scammer and so I thought it out some and then told the person I was not interested any longer just because I was afraid of being made a fool of.  I don't know how to find out if "he" was for real or not.:heartbreaker:

Why do you think it was a "scam" ?  They asked you for money?

Best way to tell if someone is real, meet in a public place with a friend or alone.

If he is a scammer, you did the right thing by shooing him away.  And being targeted by a scammer is nothing personal.  They pick their victims at random.  I've been a target of some pretty convincing scams.  It happens to a lot of people.

It seems you really don't have a way to know if the person was a scammer or was genuine.  Think of it this way:  something tipped you off, or at least just didn't feel right about the situation.  If he was genuine, he took actions that raised suspicions.

This situation is all about him, not you.  If he did things to make you suspicious, then you did the right thing.