CrazyBoards.org

Ok I’m in ssi and SSDI. I’ve been out of work since 08. 

Im legitimately disabled but I was my most happiest when working. 

Anyone know now what I can work without losing anything. Not that I’m greedy but I’ve got to get my life back in order. I live in Oklahoma btw so I don’t know if that matters.

You have to stay under sga (signifigant gainful amount?) which changes yearly. I  believe it is $1180  / month  this year. But, you get 9 trial work months that you use if you earn over $850/ month (there is no upper limit) . Trial work months arenot consecutive and they return after 5 years, so if you try working for 5 months earning over $850 and it does not work, you keep ssdi but you only have 4 trial work months left.

the amounts are the same nationwide.

for more info go to ssa.gov ( the social security website)

there is also something called ticket to work, where they are not supposed to review your disability fir 5 years if you make certain steps and stay under sga.

the goal of these programs is for you toreturn to gainful employment.

dont think you are being  greedy. I am struggling with the hours i work and it is part time. I could not be making sga.

Is 850 with what I already make. 769 is what I make so I’ll only be able to make less then hundred.

Posted (edited)

The $850 is seperate from your ssdi payments

i missed thatt you are in ssi, too. That makes it more complicated and can affect housing and insurance. What i sid was only the ssdi rules.

Edited by confused

119 SSI. 650 SSDI. So I don’t know how all of this is going to work

Posted (edited)

It is doable. Here is info from ssa.

EN-05-10095.pdf

i think i am confusing you.  Your ssdi, ssi payments are not considered earned income.

Edited by confused