CrazyBoards.org

EVery time I feel better, I tell the Doctor and the. A few Days later I’m anxious again. I wonder if I  have to stay at this dose for four more weeks before I can total relief

I don't think Effexor becomes a significant SSRI until 150 mg so you have several weeks to go.

If you're taking it for depression, that's probably a good sign, but I had anxiety/restless issues on Effexor too, especially in the early stages that you're at...A benzo will help, but if you can ride it out it usually subsides...

I recall having panic attacks going up on Effexor.

Edited by BrianOCD

At 17 days you have 2-4 weeks to go. Your anxiety could be the initial ramp up of norepinephrine. Your nervous system should become used to this and adjust itself so the anxiety could go away.  Don't you have an as needed med for this ? Now is the time to use it. It is not possible to predict how you will react long term by looking at your initial responses. You just have to wait at least 4 weeks and quite possibly more to see how you react. 

Thank you all for your comments. I see the doctor today. The acid reflux from the Effexor has become so bad lately that last night my throat was hurting. I took an acid reducer today to deal with it. What do I do? I'm so sick of switching meds, but the acid reflux is ruining my life. I can't keep living with the reflux feeling in my throat. It may do some damage in the long run, and then i'll have another issue to deal with.

The doctor gave me tablets, instead of capsules to see if that would clear up the acid reflux and I took it for two days. I still got reflux and I felt like the tablets were not helping my anxiety. Should I have given it longer? Would the acid reflux take awhile to go away on the tablets, or shouldn't it be instant? I'm so lost and don't want to have to switch meds :(

back from the doctor and she wants me to increase the Effexor and to take an acid reducer for two weeks to see if we can settle the acid reflux. If it doesn't go away she suggested seeing my GP about it. I don't want to have an endoscopy when I know the Effexor is the culprit! It started right when I bumped up my dose! It's not a coincidence. Any suggestions?

I've never taken Effexor, but I do have acid reflux (either on its own or as a side effect from a medication I take), and I take Pepcid for it.

5 hours ago, Ethansmom said:

Ok. That's what i'm taking now.  Do you take it every day?

Yes, I do.

Most of my adult life I have had reflux. Metformin and Abilify are the worst offenders. I take an acid reducer, Zantac, and it handles the reflux very well.  It is pretty well gone unless I miss a dose of Zantac, then it comes back, I have been on Zantac for over 20 years. Many people take some sort of med to treat reflux and do so all their life. It is pretty standard.