CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Happy ^_^

Finding support

I started cutting at 10.

I had a lot of friends going through similar issues growing up and we always had each other there. We got older and self harm became really taboo, my peers got the help they needed or just moved on. They where always there for me when I needed someone to talk with or back me up.

The longest stretch without self harming was when I was consuming cannabis and staying close with my friends. Years have gone by and all of that is gone. I've been sober from pot for 5+ years. The people I would rely on for support I kind of pushed away. Wanting so bad to be "normal'  that I'd act nothing ever happened or emotionally detached when I would bump into them.

All the therapy and psychiatric medicine hasn't helped with the urges to cut. It's really hard for me to talk about all of this. It haunts me every day. I want to stop. Fall and winter are on their way, long sleeves and pants have been my best friend...

I haven't harmed for month and it's been tough. Is there anyone else out there who can relate?

meds and therapy don't touch my self harm urges either. it sucks, and the urges often haunt me no matter how i feel. i think you have to learn to be able to sit with them and accept that they'll fade whether you cut or don't cut. 

congratulations on making it a month! that's a great achievement. i know how tough it is. keep moving forward, and distract, distract, distract. anything you can do to delay or avoid the act of self harm is worth doing. have a cup of coffee, go for a walk, have a nap. i'm rooting for you. :-)

• Like 1

thanks!! not my pic but i do love cacti. maybe i should switch my avatar to a picture of my babies...

Maybe! I thought of putting pictures of myself and the family up but I don't know how sure I am about including them in the stuff I talk about on here.

I gunna look up a pic of myself to put up tho! I haven't been on any social media for like 7+ years so this is kinda fun for me.

Microsoft paint tho lol