CrazyBoards.org

icygrave

Which med in your cocktail is your bread and butter?

No, they just won't cover it anymore, for whatever reason.  

I take Seroquel, Valproate, Lamictal and Prozac for my Bipolar Disorder. They all help in their own ways but  I definitely feel that Seroquel XR is my "bread and butter" of my medication cocktail as it deals with depression, mania, sleep and anxiety for me at my current dose of 800mg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rowan77 said:

I take Seroquel, Valproate, Lamictal and Prozac for my Bipolar Disorder. They all help in their own ways but  I definitely feel that Seroquel XR is my "bread and butter" of my medication cocktail as it deals with depression, mania, sleep and anxiety for me at my current dose of 800mg

Yes! I loved Seroquel until the massive weight gain started. 

5 hours ago, gb84 said:

Sadly Klonopin and dexedrine.  I say that because I don't like to be dependent on addictive meds.  But I am.  Just got a letter from the insurance that next year they will no longer cover dexedrine.  

have u tried other stims

48 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

have u tried other stims

Just ritalin.  Probably will have to go back to that.   

Gabapentin.

irritability, anger, ruminations, anxiety and depression handled by it.

makes me wonder if I just have an anxiety disorder.

10 hours ago, gb84 said:

Just ritalin.  Probably will have to go back to that.   

if your doc will prescribe, worth a try, i know others love ritalin, it didnt do much for me, adderall was very good but didnt last long enough.......even the XR..........vyvanse has been good

• Thanks 1

adderall is a good equivalent to dexedrine and it is a generic drug now. Both contain dextroamphetamine.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gb84 said:

Sadly Klonopin and dexedrine.  I say that because I don't like to be dependent on addictive meds.  But I am.  Just got a letter from the insurance that next year they will no longer cover dexedrine.  

I know what you mean by being dependent on addictive drugs, I feel guilt too. But god damn I know what it is like to actually abuse drugs, I abused opioids, illict and legal ones, for years. I NEVER abuse my Klonopin. These medications are life savers for people.

About your insurance not covering dexedrine, look into the app called GoodRx. You can choose to request a physical discount card for them that will work at the majority of pharmacies in the US. The app shows you the prices of the medications at pharmacies around you, and I just looked up Dextroamphetamine (generic Dexedrine) and it looks to be around $26 for a month supply around where I live. Please look into it, it is NOT insurance, but it can get you massive discounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ativan is my bread and butter, my rescue drug, but I'm trying to wean off of it.  It has saved my life over and over again.  My partner thinks it's making me too lethargic.  Kind of gave me an ultimatum:  get off the Ativan or else.  He's doing it because he's worried about me, but I'm scared.

Depakote knocked out a severe mixed episode that wouldn't die and lamactil keeps me alive. I tried to lower the lamactil and I fell apart. 

Will be starting Lamictal after I stabilize on Olanzapine (Zyprexa). 

19 hours ago, Inanlae said:

Ativan is my bread and butter, my rescue drug, but I'm trying to wean off of it.  It has saved my life over and over again.  My partner thinks it's making me too lethargic.  Kind of gave me an ultimatum:  get off the Ativan or else.  He's doing it because he's worried about me, but I'm scared.

What? What warrants his worries and creating such an ultimatum? If it's making you lethargic then maybe you should just lower the dose. I used to take Klonopin 2mg-3mg a day, now I only take 0.5mg-1mg, very rarely the full 1mg. It has helped with my energy levels a lot and still helps with panic and anxiety. If it help you why wean off it?

On 06/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, DammitJanet said:

Yes! I loved Seroquel until the massive weight gain started. 

Yeah it has caused massive weight gain with me too but I don't do well without it

• Like 1

The ultimatum because I'm exhausted all of the time.  I'm going to work with my pdoc to decrease it.  I'm allergic to Lamictal.